RMMV How Yanfly Extra parameter formula notetag works?

stramin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
spanish
Primarily Uses
N/A
I am trying to understand how Yanfly Extra parameter formula works when I write a state notetag, it is hard to understand because the parameters affected by this plugin can not be seen without plugins.

Lets say my character has 5% evade rate and I want to increase it to 55%

I am using the default plugin formula, this is (base + plus) * rate + flat.

So, I think it should work like this:

Code:
<eva Rate: 1.0>
<eva Flat: +0.5>

Because 5% * 1 + 50% = 55%

But when I do it, I think the character becomes unable to hit, he evades all the attacks, so I tried this way:

Code:
<eva Rate: 0.0>
<eva Flat: +0.55>

Because 5% * 0 + 55% = 55%

And now it seems like the character is not evading at all, I am confused and can't figure it out.

How it works?
or, how can I see the result of the evade rate?

overlordmikey

BroCo. Gaming
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
This gonna sound a little odd, but are you using The Hit Accuracy Plugin because that seems to also effect the way accuracy is calculated. Like if my character has 28% Hit and the Enemy has 14% Evasion then the character still hits like half the time (although I could be misunderstanding what happens under the hood).
The enemies Hit Rate should also matter.

Then again I get a little confused about how the parameter formulas work sometimes.

stramin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
spanish
Primarily Uses
N/A
Oh, you are right, I am using Yanfly Hit accuracy plugin, and now its even harder to understand how it works, these are the parameters (I think they are all as default):

1628221265610.png
Accuracy Formula is: skillHitRate * (userHitRate - targetEvadeRate)

:kaosigh:

overlordmikey

BroCo. Gaming
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Oh, you are right, I am using Yanfly Hit accuracy plugin, and now its even harder to understand how it works, these are the parameters (I think they are all as default):

Accuracy Formula is: skillHitRate * (userHitRate - targetEvadeRate)

:kaosigh:
Well this is all easy... [looks around nervously] HELP!?

(Honestly I just figured the two issues are connected. I'm oblivious about this kinda stuff - sorry.)

Maybe we can reverse engineer the solution. What is the monster's hit rate?
Like I believe at it's most raw having a 50% or so evasion would cause an enemy with 100% hit rate to (in theory) miss half of it's attacks right? Maybe we can work backwards from there?

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I have a really hard time keeping all these goodies secret til December... but I swear, it is worth the wait!
Working on a Premium version of my minimap plugin that will have advanced functionalities such as drawing a Terrain map based completely on the users tilesets, whatever they may be, and drawing minimap radar icons automatically based on texture of the event the note is applied to.
Psttt come look, this is the secret technique to tenderizing steaks, it makes it extra beefy. :rwink:

pixeldailyaxemeatsheild.gif
#screenshotsaturday update, featuring vaporwave angels lol
Lil' sketch I drew of Nico di Angelo :)
The spooky boi himself ♥
Nico sketch by Artemis Yates.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calignositystudios