HP based on the number of a certain item in inventory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
So I've been playing a lot of Hero Chronicles (I love Clash of the Dragons, tis awesome) and I was wondering if there was a way, using events that an actors HP was dependant on how many of a certain item is in the inventory.

EG. The Hero (Actor) has 4 different troops that battle for him (he does not engage in battle directly)

Troop 1 is Goblins

Troop 2 of Thieves

Troop 3 is Knights

Troop 4 is dragons.

Now these troops only appear in battle, not in the main menu as playable characters.

But... they appear as Items in the item menu (using Yanflys Item menu customisation script).

So. Is there a way, using events to have the system check how many "Goblins" and "Knights" and "Dragons" etc are in the menu and convert this number into HP for the troops in battle. And then to have the system check after battle how much HP is left and change the number of items to that amount instead?

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Please close this. I have managed to do it myself.

I will post a tutorial on it soon just in case anyone else might be interested.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Caught a guy trying to break into our house today. Appearantly he intended to burgle our neighbor (a 94yo widow) but picked the wrong house. Faced with two angry males he was quick to give up without a fight...
I just joined the club of nerds making their own Excel-Sheets to calculate HP / MP / EXP.. parameter curves
Me: "Finally finished most of my game backlog. Probably time to do some gamedev" | Steam: *offer sales*
If I recorded while I created (what I think is) a small plugin, would you be interested enough in the process to watch it?
I keep trying to explain to clients that the huddle masses behind the old K-Mart are a Fallout Reenactment group. Somehow I don't think they believe me. :LZSskeptic:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonylogan