Papillon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm having a weird problem where, for some reason, all of my actors are having their HP calculated incorrectly. I have not touched the source code in any way nor am I using a plugin that would affect how these values are being calculated.
Up until the past hour my game has been working perfectly fine, but I recently installed Yanfly's "State Categories" plugin and this effect happened. Removing the plugin does not fix it.
I've been using SumRndmDde's HUD Maker plugin so I know this is calculating HP.
This effect is not a visual bug either. If a character takes damage total to the amount of max HP that's displayed they will die.

I'm not sure where the game is pulling these values from, nor do I know how to find where these values are coming from. Is there any way to fix this?

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Looks like you got something giving everyone 1/4th of their HP. There are a few locations:

1) A state where with the feature HP * 0.25. That can also occur if it is in an item they have equipped or if that is on the actor or class, but I'd check states since you said you just added state categories.

2) Check how buffs are calculated. Many people change the code for how Yanfly's engine computes buffs and end up accidentally messing up all of their stats as they forget everything is in decimal form when they enter it in and they enter it in percent form. So check the parameters for your stats category plug-in.

Papillon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Looks like you got something giving everyone 1/4th of their HP. There are a few locations:

1) A state where with the feature HP * 0.25. That can also occur if it is in an item they have equipped or if that is on the actor or class, but I'd check states since you said you just added state categories.

2) Check how buffs are calculated. Many people change the code for how Yanfly's engine computes buffs and end up accidentally messing up all of their stats as they forget everything is in decimal form when they enter it in and they enter it in percent form. So check the parameters for your stats category plug-in.
Thanks for the response! Upon closer inspection it's definitely something related to states since disabling Yanfly's Buffs and States Core reverted the values. I'll report back once I find out the exact cause.

EDIT:
The problem WAS Buffs and States Core. I was missing a decimal from the buff calculation which was quartering everyone's total stats. Why it only started after adding another Yanfly plugin is beyond me however. Thank you for the help!

Last edited:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Why it only started after adding another Yanfly plugin is beyond me however. Thank you for the help!
one reason why this might have happened is if you have the plugins in the wrong order. Every yanfly plugin has to be exactly in the order given on his website - if you just add plugins below without a care, a lot of random effects can happen.

second option is that you didn' start a new game until after you added and removed some plugins.
80% of all plugins store data in the savefiles, and if you add a new plugin and then load an old savefile, that old savefile might be missing the data from the new plugin - again causing a lot of irregular bugs due to that missing data.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I think I've created a monster.
...and I love it. <3
Today represents my one year anniversary of throwing out the tile map. :LZSexcite: One year ago my game looked like...

And now for those that don't know, it looks like..

What a year, what a year indeed. RIP Tile Map, nobody misses you. :LZSwink:
There is now a demo released for [Beyond the Mirror]! Check the team recruitment thread to learn more!
'Tis the season to see shipping prices and go 'Yikes'.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ytviews123