Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

HP Color Controller
by AceOfAces_Mod
Version R1.05 (28/8/2019)

This plugin expands the customization by adding additional HP bar colors and one additional HP text color to the engine. This allows the developer to change the color depending on the actor's remaining HP.

Features:
  • Easy to use and configure.
  • Compatibility mode for use with scripts that have their HP color (Normal only).
Screenshots:
Demo:
Pretty self-explanatory. No demo needed.

Setup and Instructions:​
  1. Place the plugin file to your project’s js/plugins folder.
  2. On the plugin Manager, place this plugin below any plugin that changes HP Bars as well (such as Yanfly’s Core Engine). If you don’t have any of these on your project, you can place it anywhere.
  3. After turning it on, save and playtest. If the game didn’t crash after opening the menu and you can see the bars green, the plugin is installed properly. Adjust the settings within the Plugin Manager.
If you wish to use the HP bar colors set by the other script, turn on the compatibility mode by setting its value to true. Compatibility mode will simply ignore Normal HP Color 1 and Normal HP Color 2 and will use the preset color (or the other plugin’s color, if it rerouted the selection).

Compatibility:
Tested with RPG Maker MV version 1.3.4. Versions older than 1.3 might work, but I cannot guarantee compatibility. Fully compatible with MV version 1.6.x. Compatible with most plugins.

Download:
GitHub (Add-ons available here as well)
Full plugin documentation here (covers technical info as well).
You can post issues with the plugin here or on Github.
Licensed under the MIT license. Can be used in commercial and non-commercial games.

Credits:
AceOfAces_Mod

Changelog:
R1.05
-Improved code picker logic. This may improve performance in edge cases.
-Added API.
-Fixed some bugs.
R1.04
-Added a new color.
-Added settings to handle the new color.
R1.03 Revision 2 (R1.03B )
-Minor tweak on the code's logic.
R1.03 Revision 1 (R1.03A):
-Hotfix for a crash.
R1.03:
-Added partial extensibility.
-Change to the name to FSDK_HPColor.js.
CAUTION: Copy over the settings from the old version before replacing it with the newer version. Remove the old version when you finish.
R1.02:
-Enhanced support for RPG Maker MV version 1.5.x (and higher).
R1.01:
-Initial release.​

Last edited:

TriceratopsX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wow, this is great thanks for this!

Neo Soul Gamer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@AceOfAces_Mod

Great plugin!

Just a thought... It'd be nice to see the same effect for TP, but on the reverse. Meaning, the gauge color changes when the bar is full. I feel like this would be useful for anyone using TP for a Limit Break/Overdrive system.

AceOfAces_Mod

Engineering to infinity!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Version R1.02 was uploaded today. This uses new features for plugins on RPG Maker MV version 1.5.x (and possibly on newer versions).

RK DracoRoy

Fire Emblem RPG Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Would it be possible to change the enemy's hp color bars with Yanfly's Visual HP Gauge plug-in (when enabled)?

With Yanfly's plug-in enabled, you can see that the HP color plug-in even affects the HP text color of the enemies when at low / critical health, but the enemy HP color bars are still the same regardless of low or critical health.

Attachments

AceOfAces_Mod

Engineering to infinity!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@RK DracoRoy , I'm surprised that the plugin partially works with Yanfly's plugin (since I haven't built some form of extensibility on the Color Controller). I am actually writing an add-on to the HP Color Controller so it works with Yanfly's Visual HP Gauges. It will take a while, though (I am new to JavaScript, so I need to figure out some kinks with the programming language).

EDIT: Almost 5 minutes in, I have wrote the code for that add-on. Keep an eye out for when I upload the add-on, along with a patch to the HP Color Controller plugin.

Last edited:

RK DracoRoy

Fire Emblem RPG Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@RK DracoRoy , I'm surprised that the plugin partially works with Yanfly's plugin (since I haven't built some form of extensibility on the Color Controller). I am actually writing an add-on to the HP Color Controller so it works with Yanfly's Visual HP Gauges. It will take a while, though (I am new to JavaScript, so I need to figure out some kinks with the programming language).

EDIT: Almost 5 minutes in, I have wrote the code for that add-on. Keep an eye out for when I upload the add-on, along with a patch to the HP Color Controller plugin.
Oh sweet! I took the previous plug-in out in favor of the updated HP Color Controller you submitted along with the add-on. Now it shows the enemy bar's changed colors, as desired.

I was a bit surprised as well, that the Color Controller would have some affect on Yanfly's Visual HP Bars plugin. So I thought why not give the color changes to the enemies, if the actors have it? I thank you very much for this update.

RK DracoRoy

Fire Emblem RPG Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I also thought about the idea of the MP bars with changed color effect like the HP bars. I feel like that would be a cool addition to HP bars changing color effect.

Last edited:

AceOfAces_Mod

Engineering to infinity!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@RK DracoRoy , I have it on my backlog of ideas. I may work on it if it's useful enough.

A quick announcement: A hotfix for the plugin has been released. This fixes a bug caused a syntax error that was missed.

RK DracoRoy

Fire Emblem RPG Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@AceOfAces_Mod One small problem here. When the enemy's HP goes down to 25% or 15%, both the HP bar and the number color are back to normal instead of the desired color. But below the two percentages (e.g. < 25% or < 15%), it's back to the desired color for both low health and critical health color settings. Unfortunately, I do not have a photo and lost it. And I'm not sure if this applies to actors too.

-----------------------------------------------
Edit: Here is a photo of the enemy actor at 15% HP, but in normal colors instead of the desired critical health color.
-----------------------------------------------
Also, @AceOfAces_Mod I used DreamX's Battle Status Core and it conflicts with your HP Color Changer.

Actors's HP bars turn back into the default color and doesn't change colors based on HP percentage when using his plug-in. Enemies, however, are unaffected by this.

Attachments

Last edited:

AceOfAces_Mod

Engineering to infinity!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@RK DracoRoy , I'll look into it, as soon as I get my toolbox up and running again (my laptop broke and I had to get a new one).

AceOfAces_Mod

Engineering to infinity!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
A quick update: Both the main plugin and the extension for Yanfly's Visual HP Gauges have been updated to new revisions. Both have the logic of picking colors slightly tweaked (although the extension also has a minor fix).

RK DracoRoy

Fire Emblem RPG Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

AceOfAces_Mod

Engineering to infinity!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Recently, MV version 1.6 was released to the public. And that broke some plugins. I had some time to test the plugin (and the addon) and I can confirm that no compatibility issues were found. If you do find one, post here (or on my bug tracker). I'll keep an eye out for any compatibility issues that I might have missed (I do doubt it since it's a pretty simple plugin. I am waiting on info about Yanfly's Enemy HP Bars at the moment, just in case Yanfly updates it and breaks the addon.
Speaking of plugins:
@RK DracoRoy , apologies for the silence, but IRL stuff went in the way. I have found a way to fix the issue that prevented my plugin to work with the Battle Status Core Extension. I may have it ready within the week.

AceOfAces_Mod

Engineering to infinity!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Heyo! A quick update on the plugin:

I've updated the plugin (and the extension for it) to version R1.04 (the addon for Yanfly's Visual HP Bars is in version R1.01). This adds a new color (along with new options to handle that color). The update to the addon simply adds support for that version. Make sure to update both of them. Here's how the new one looks like:

EDIT: I've also added a new addon to the plugin as well. That addon adds support for Yanfly's Absorption Barrier plugin.

Last edited:

AceOfAces_Mod

Engineering to infinity!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
A quick update about the plugin: I released version R1.05 of the plugin (and add-ons). This provides improved logic when picking a color, an API (of sorts) and some bug fixes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

This community is awesome. They helped me get my eventing processes to work. I love you all.
suspended on twitter for calling an ahole an ahole & appealing the tweet; furious at myself for being even slightly upset with my suspension: oh no, you've been temporarily banned from hell. GET OVER IT, me.
how can you download the tiles from a forum post here? HELP
That moment when you post the wrong download link to your game and wonder why it got so few downloads... :mad:
Trying to make it so my map is cleared of "random" events after the player leaves the map... to little success >.< I think I might need to ask help for this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crayonchan