RMVXA HP4 Goblet of Fire

Discussion in 'Completed Games' started by rpgmaker20221, Dec 24, 2017.

1. rpgmaker20221

rpgmaker20221 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Swedish
    HP4 Goblet of Fire
    Winter Night.png
    A snowy screenshot of the west Castle Courtyard.

Update Log:

V1.0.1

2017-12-29 (Download link contains updated version)

Improvements/Modifications​
    • Spell cost balancing, high-tier spell now cost less MP
    • Enemies in the Castle Hallways will only appear at night.
    • Autosave control
    • Field Spells section added in the in-game-menu Help option
    Bug/Error Fixes​
    • Fixed error occurring for some players during an early chapter “Burrow Fields, repair bridge"
    • Fixed error occurring for some players during chapter “Moody’s Class”
    • Fixed game breaking script error affecting some players if playing the “Potion Mini-Game” in a certain way.
    V.1.0.0
    Initial Release: 2017-12-24
    Note!
    Some character may differ from the actual work that they are based on, this is not meant to be taken seriously in any way. Please also note that the game purpose is not to infringe on copyrights.

All copyrights belongs to the respective owner.

SYNOPSIS

• “Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire”

Info:
      The gameplay is inspired by an old Gameboy Color Game called “Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets” made by EA Games (Google it if you are curious). You control several characters of the Harry Potter Universe. The plot follows the original Goblet of Fire but with some cuts and additions to suit the gameplay better.

Plot:
      As Harry attends his fourth year at Hogwarts, the dangers are more present than ever, not only by the fact that Deatheaters(followers of Lord Voldemort) have been rioting and the whispers about Lord Voldemort not being dead.
      This year will be special as the TriWizardTournament will be held at Hogwarts. Who will be chosen as Hogwarts Champion? Why does Harry find himself in danger nearly immediately as the Tournament begins? Is Lord Voldemort back?

Find out in “Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire”

Features

· Over +170 maps to explore of the Harry Potter Universe

· Hidden items to collect and to unlock more areas in the game

· Lot of conversation

· Achievements

· “Famous spells” and Leveling-UP your character

· Strategic Battling

More detailed about features:
      In the game there are a large amount of maps in order to complete the Universe of the Harry Potter world. The maps are accessible in a nearly “open world” and many of them contains hidden items for you to find (optional.)

To make looking for hidden items more attractive and valuable, there are achievements and rewards for collecting and completing.

Card Combinations makes a welcome debut in the strategic part of battling. In order to Learn and Use different Card Combos you will need to find and collect Wizard Cars. Card Combos have a great strategic impact.

About conversation:
      Conversation in the game is nearly optional, but taking help by conversations with NPC’s could be a great way to get tips on various things, they also contribute to building the universe.

Leveling-UP
      Battling enemies and practicing are crucial in order to not suffer in a later stage of the game as the difficulty follows an increasing slope.

Important Info:

Although this is a complete story and plot, ideas and critic is always welcomeJ. So don’t hesitate if you have anything you want to add or feel is missing.

Contact Info:

Feedback, ideas and critic are always welcome. You can PM “rpgmaker20221” here or send an email.
      john.caesar96@gmail.com

IMAGES/SCREENSHOTS
    Battle.png
    Game.png Winter.png
    1F Hallway.png 6F Hallway.png Castle Courtyard Winter.png Winter Night.png

DOWNLOAD LINK

Last edited: Dec 30, 2017
    vap0re0n and WilliamCaesar like this.
  2. 573Games

573Games Punk Rawk Indie Dev Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Wow, that's impressive. Hopefully WB will stay off your back!

WilliamCaesar and rpgmaker20221 like this.
  3. Leon Kennedy

Leon Kennedy Restaff Novice Restaff

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    The characters and mapping looks cool but I'd edit that title screen the font doesn't look very good the background photo is okay though.

rpgmaker20221 likes this.
  4. rpgmaker20221

First Language:
    Swedish
    Updated version is now posted! :):thumbsup-right: download link is replaced with new version (V.1.0.1)

Thank you 573 Games! I have spent many many hours working on this. I hope you will enjoy it :)

Thank you Leon Kennedy! I am really happy with the mapping, and big thanks to the various contributors for characters and tilesets, credited in credit file :)

How would you have wanted the font to look like for the title screen Leon Kennedy?

WilliamCaesar likes this.
  5. 573Games

573Games Punk Rawk Indie Dev Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    For the title screen font, did you use RPG maker itself to draw the title words? Or did you create a picture that just has the words and layer it on top of your Hogwarts castle? (I've still got a lot to learn about this program!)

6. rpgmaker20221

First Language:
    Swedish
    I used a image editor for that.

7. WilliamCaesar

WilliamCaesar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Swedish
    What a impresive game. The story felt a little short but all the amazing maps and puzzels in the story balance it up.
    The best part about the game is everything i could do after the story, all the hidden things and big puzzels was just great.
    Really enjoyed those hours

8. rpgmaker20221

First Language:
    Swedish
    Thank you! I have put many hours of work into this. I am happy that you enjoyed the end product, thank you for all debug testing! :)

Leon Kennedy likes this.
  9. Leon Kennedy

Leon Kennedy Restaff Novice Restaff

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Here's my small "let's play" of this plus a small review.

I really like the style of the game reminds me of the versions that were on GBA and stuff. I still think that the title screen should of had more harry potterish type font for the text and maybe sized differently so it's centered but I can live with it. I enjoy the loyalty this has to the main game series using tons of familiar features yet on a rpg maker game. I think this would of looked better on MV as everything looks tiny but that's just personal preference. 4/5 from me. Good job.

10. rpgmaker20221

First Language:
    Swedish
    Wow this is really cool, I will take your opinions in consideration, glad you enjoyed the game :)

Looks like there might be an future update coming along! This makes me motivated to put more work into this.

Leon Kennedy likes this.
  11. norman

norman Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    hello.
    in Moody’s Class.
    what is the code.
    can't get the blue book.

12. rpgmaker20221

First Language:
    Swedish
    I will pm you

13. Sheeba_Dhillon

Sheeba_Dhillon Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Hello everyone! The Harry Potter Goblet of Fire PC Game by Electronic Arts has no graphics or audio settings :( And, it's causing a lot of inconvenience as the characters are not all clear and are slightly hazy... I talked with one of the EA advisors and they had sent me the link to this site. If you could please help me with the same, I will be very, very grateful. Thank you & have a good day ahead.

P.S.: Any kind of help is welcome.

14. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @Sheeba_Dhillon If it's a game made by EA then I don't think anyone here can help as they don't use RPGMaker engines.

15. Sheeba_Dhillon

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    @Kes Oh I don't know much about these things :( They told me to post about the game here though... Although I don't know why :/ Could you suggest some websites for it then, please? As I tried to find some on the net, but, all the threads & posts were only by the gamers :( And, there weren't any developers there. If you could name some, that would be very helpful, please. Thank you & have a good day ahead.

16. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @Sheeba_Dhillon The point is, though, that if the game is made by EA, then they are the developers.
    If they suggested you come here, I can only conclude that the game you have was not the one made by them. Could you post a screenshot of the game maker's logo, or whatever it is that made you think it was by them?

17. Sheeba_Dhillon

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    The box has the EA logo on it and the Harry Potter game series by them are not available anymore on their site. But, I'll just upload the screenshot.
    9335_570c99a11a4c6._electronic-arts-harry-potter-and-the-goblet-of-fire-pc.jpg
    This is the one I have. They also told me that they no longer support the tech aspects of this one so I'll have to post about it in a forum. And, then they sent me the link to this website and told me to post it here.

18. mlogan

mlogan Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yeah, I have no idea why they sent you here, if THAT is the game you are having trouble with. That is clearly made by EA, we are not EA and that is not a game made by anyone here. Therefore we cannot help you.