Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
HPDS Throwable Plugin v1.1.0
Michael Hernandez @highplainsdesignstudio
Introduction

The HPDS Throwable plugin allows you to pickup and throw events using note tags. The game player will be able to then throw the events in game.

Get Plugin
Master Plugin List
Github
HPDS Throwable Plugin Page
(Also attached to this post)

Features
The plugin user can set how many spaces an event can be thrown. A sound effect for the throw can also be set. The event can then be picked up and thrown by a game player.

How to Use
An event must be created and 2 note tags are available. In the note of the event, add tag <throwable:X> , where X is a number. to make the event throwable. Tag <se:name> will set the sound effect for the throw.

Credit
- Michael Hernandez High Plains Design Studio
- Contact admin@highplainsdesignstudio.com

Author's Notes
Hi. I made a plugin that let's the player pickup and throw things.

Please, let me know what you think or any bugs that you may find. Thank you for your time.

Attachments

bazrat

Pixel Game Maker MV
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
nice easy to use plugin. thanks for doing this

some features that would just make it amazing would be to add an adjust XY offset option, particularly the Y offset for when using taller sprites.

the other thing that would make this amazing would be an option to maybe turn on a self switch for that thrown event to goto a different page.

one last thing that would be nice, is if there was a way to comment in an event page whether the object is pickup able or not in that page. that way you can have them in the notetags as throwable, but until its on the right event page (with no <no throw> comment) to do so you cannot pick/throw.

its nice to see a pick/throw plugin being developed again, lets make it the best one out there xD

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for the feedback. The XY offset option is a good idea. As for adding event pages to the throwable event is something I'm trying to work out. I'm sure there are a few ways to go about it, but I haven't really determined what works. A plugin command would probably be the other route. Or, I was going to try adding the event pages that the plugin constructs at the end of any pages that the event already has, and then reserving a self switch that the developer can't use. Or, perhaps, I'll have to build in various commands depending on the feedback I receive.

However, the XY offset option is something that I can and will add to the next version.

Tea's Jams

I'm human
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What are the terms of use? Is it free for commercial and non-commercial use?

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It has the MIT license. It can be found in the github page.

edit: Currently, it is a free plugin.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I have a specialized class on intellectual property this semester (on Patent and Trademarks, Copyrights is next semester). Only had a quick overview of that in previous business law classes. I'll be able to help more people here when it comes to knowing what to do and your rights for intellectual property!
When you wanna write another pedantic post of your views on game dev... but your cousin and aunt have invited you to bowling
"Hey there! Hope you're having a nice day, you are awesome!"

(Of course the hand is awful :kaoswt: )
I need a new option on YouTube that goes "Dont recommend videos/channels in this language because I do not speak it"
I've reconsidered having a subclass system for my first two games since there will already be plenty of variation in playable actors and usable items in the games. The third game will need it because of the basis for the story but I want the actors in the first two to be more focused in their roles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meektot