Liak

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Hi!

I'm looking for a html editor that has tabs for multiple files (like an html file and a css file) and a preview window. Similar to how Code Academy does it in their html tutorial. I am just starting with the stuff and I want to preview what I just wrote to figure out what's wrong, and I don't want to switch to the browser and press F5 every time I try something.

Any suggestions? :)

ImmortalDreams

Reality's Stranger
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Notepad++ is what I use. It's amazing.

Liak

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
I installed the "HTML Preview" plugin, but it doesn't show the preview when I'm in the CSS tab. That's not exactly what I was looking for. Apart from that, Notepad++ seems to be very nice indeed, but is there something better for what I want to do? :)

mogwai

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I started with Dreamweaver in college. It has WYSIWYG mode which is easy for beginners. Also, ImageReady; it was a seperate entity from Photoshop (or any entity at all) because jpg slicing was stil relevant (760*420 was the res to design at). With Dreamweaver code view and WYSIWYG mode you can soon learn what does what in terms of the code. I learned most of my php, javascript and css from googling tutorials, but the syntax highlighting/corrections/hints/manuals of Dreamweaver helped me memorize most of the techniques. Now I just use Text Wrangler because it's free, and I no longer need the training wheels.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Challenging myself to make a game on the console versions of RMMV with alot of custom stuff, battle system is almost done, but holy heck is the interface and navigation so backwards on console ports. I've lost several hours of work because of design choices from that team!
If only RM had the capability to show whether a project has been edited, or not... like 99% of all other editors out there. That don't cost, too, or release new versions with very few features just to get the extra money... ugh, just too many basic features missing even after, what, two decades?
Surgically removing people's faces and grafting them on to other people is kind of fun.

(editing character art busts for my game)
I think sleep is like a foreign language to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arsenic333