HTML5 Audio. How to get it to play with MV?

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by Nerdboy, May 15, 2017.

1. Nerdboy

Nerdboy Veteran Veteran

hi, so i created a web app, uploaded it to site and using webview, but no bgm is being played, the sound efx play tho?

if i dont launch the app from icon and use normal browser and type in url the audio works great.

but when i launch in app using webview no bgm cuz how rpg maker handles audio.

is there a way to specifiy html5 audio tag like <audio></audio> without using a source src function? and using autoplay element? i looked through google but most of the solutions require sources like click here play audio type. but in RM MV since all audio is defined by the program you cant really specify sources.

what to do? any help plz.

Im using a web app cuz i cant get audio to play in native app either, and my game is 350mb so, i cant put it in store without using web app, which is only 2mb. and obb is hard to figure out to code if i split apk.

2. ZServ

ZServ Veteran Veteran

The Android/iOS version of your game will need to use .m4a audio files, not .ogg.

3. Nerdboy

Nerdboy Veteran Veteran

zserv i know android and ios use m4a aac audio format not ogg. ogg is for pc

even though natively i dont know how to play m4a cuz i cant find working m4a converter

im hosting the game on a website. so it uses ogg i think but might playback mobile m4a not sure.

im using webview for android, it launches the game on the browser without any nav bar, so it looks like your playing it natively but requires internet connection wifi.

4. ZServ

ZServ Veteran Veteran

To reiterate here: android webview doesn't support ogg files. This is the reason why if you upload a game using only ogg files to a website, it will not play any audio on android devices with Chrome. If you're having success hearing those audio files in a browser on android, you're either using "request desktop site" which changes things, or don't have Chrome installed.

As for a converter, Audacity is a great free one.