HTML5 deployment does not work (WIN/MAC works fine)

Dr_Allard

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Marcus
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi All,

So after finally finishing our game, we of course ran into an issue with the deployment.

The game runs fine when playtesting from RPG Maker, as well as the deployed versions for WIN/MAC. When deploying in HTML5 for browser however, it instantly gets:

TypeError
Cannot read property 'length' of undefined

I have tried to seach the forums for this issue, but all issues with the same error I found got this error in playtesting, so you could use the debug console. (which I understand is not possible in the deployed version)

Does anybody have any ideas what might be causing the problem?

Best regards,
Marcus

Poryg

Dark Lord of the Castle of Javascreeps
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you open it with a browser, you can open the browser's dev console. Either way it looks to me like you opened it with Google Chrome, didn't you?

Dr_Allard

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Marcus
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for your reply! The deployment was uploaded to our FTP and opened with Chrome through our web page. Thanks for the tips regarding the console, I got the following information:

Uncaught ReferenceError: process is not defined
at SRD_GameUpgrade.js:604
at SRD_GameUpgrade.js:1109

rpg_managers.js:1954 TypeError: Cannot read property 'length' of undefined
at Object._.preloadImageFolder (SRD_PreloaderCore.js:608)
at Object._.setupImagePreloads (SRD_PreloaderCore.js:709)
at Scene_Boot.start (SRD_PreloaderCore.js:769)
at Function.SceneManager.updateScene (rpg_managers.js:2024)
at Function.SceneManager.updateScene (SRD_Debug_SpeedUp.js:162)
at Function.SceneManager.updateMain (rpg_managers.js:1988)
at Function.SceneManager.update (rpg_managers.js:1907)
SceneManager.catchException @ rpg_managers.js:1954

I am not sure if this post should still stay in the deployment section, apologies if it needs to be moved!

Poryg

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
SRD_GameUpgrade.js is nwjs only. Just like his SuperToolsEngine. So it won't work on web deployment.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
the game itself is HTML - the so-called Windows and Mac Deployments are nothing but a browser for launching the HTML5-game you created.

So best guess is that your deployment was either damaged or got into a filepath that is not allowed for browsers. I suggest redeploying into a different folder to test those two possibilities.

If that still gives the error, we need the console screenshot mentioned above. That will contain the full error trace with the details to see where it came from.
Unfortunately your text copy of the info is incomplete, a screenshot is always better. It misses parts like the full browser path where the game is uploaded to and a few other things. And I suspect that might be the cause due to the trace including both preloader and upgrade plugins, those are very dependend on correct paths.

EDIT: ninja'd

Dr_Allard

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Marcus
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi All,

Thanks so much for your support! I have tried to deploy it again to a different folder, but the same issue comes up. I am not sure how to get more information from the console, I copied everything that showed up in Chrome.

If it's of any help, I re-uploaded the game to our FTP and is reachable through this link:

https://www.beyond-dawn.com/game/html5

Please let me know if there is any more information I can provide!

Poryg

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
SRD_GameUpgrade.js is nwjs only. Just like his SuperToolsEngine. So it won't work on web deployment.
No matter how you deploy it, this will always stay as a fact.

Dr_Allard

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Marcus
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ah, I missed this post! Thanks for the information, much appreciated!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

So trying out Ultra Mode 7 was a bad idea. How do I not include this in my game? XD
Stumbled upon an RPG Maker game on Steam called 'Boobs vs Zombies' while looking for a zombie themed fantasy RTS. lol
There's a new born faction in my country called "Sunda Empire" claiming they have right to rule over the earth and sun... I don't know what to feel...
Quon is watching you
Quon blessed your good efforts
I have tried, several times to understand how Markiplier is popular. You can't deny his popularity. I can only get through a few minutes of his vids, though. He's cringier than ANY cringe comp I've ever watched. When I was a kid, if you acted like that, 0 friends and 100% no dates for you. Times have changed XD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porkipon