Cloned

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hey Guys,

I'm hoping this is the right section to ask this. I've been using MV for a few months now and have created some pretty simple stuff. On my next project I'd like to create something a bit different to what I've done before but I'm unsure whether or not its a possibility with the engine. Description below:

I'd like to make a game that focuses around a Hub for the main Area. Think Demon Souls, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon or Super Mario 64. Essentially all party changes, all quests, side quests, shops etc would be handled in the Hub (for instance a castle). From the Hub you would then embark on Dungeons after speaking to an NPC to select the quest/mission.

Is this a possibility? I'm not asking for anyone to do this for me and fully explain it out, but with my knowledge so far, it doesnt seem like 1 Npc would be able to store all the quests for the game or give you access to repeat quests.

Thanks for any help at all.

Poryg

Dark Lord of the Castle of Javascreeps
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can create almost anything if you know how. It's always been the case with rpg makers.

gstv87

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
it doesnt seem like 1 Npc would be able to store all the quests for the game or give you access to repeat quests.
then the problem is not the NPC, but the quest system
..........or, lack thereof.

Broozer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It is!
My current project does exactly this.

I've got one main hub, where you can buy materials, restore health and basically all the stuff you expect from such a main hub.
From there you are able to select missions, and depending on what you selected, a portal appears (which is permanent, meaning you unlocked acces to that area) and by going through there, you travel to the location where you have to complete the mission for that area.

It's quite easy to set up really. I didn't really think it through when I made mine, so it looks a bit messy, but you can put it all in a single event, and even better, in a single event page!
I've got 6 missions in total now, where the last 4 get unlocked when you complete the first 2.

TL.DR:
Yes, it is most certainly possible!

Latest Profile Posts

SF_People3_1 added!
index.php

Micro rant. The worst part of working from home when you live with your family is seeing how inconsiderate they are. "Hey, you're sitting in front of your computer, that means you're not doing anything! I want to put the TV at 200 decibels!"

If I was working in the office would you still talking me like that?
It's definitely discouraging when streamers give a try-to-say-it-nicely (i.e. bad) review of your game demo. It's like jumping into a cold pool. Bad initally, but it gets better with time. And you are now more alert and see better.
Some screenshots of the pub and lodging with the beginnings of clutter taking shape
TTp8uCw.png

jtC202e.png

bSXgyVl.png

eRx9PUF.png
Backgrounds are not my strong suit... :kaodes:
DazI8jt.jpg

Just realized I forgot doing the clouds... woops

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
numagnz