Mystvaldia
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Bahasa
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello world!
I am currently learning about the hue-shifting in pixel art.
So far I know about how we should slide the Hue and Value to the left or right respectively. But what about the Saturation slider? Does it have a movement pattern or just put it in the same place for the entire shifting duration?

1544948357744.jpg

If you know anything about it, please share! Thank you!

Weremole

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
If I'm guessing correctly you're not talking about how a specific maker handles hues and saturation but you're wondering about the basics of color theory? Saturation is similar to values in that if everything is too similar in saturation nothing can particularly stand out. Colors are also relative to eachother so a low saturated purple can look like a reddish brown or a low saturated green can look champagne gold.

rechronicle

Mystvaldia
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Bahasa
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Weremole Hmm, more like about making a nice shade of color in pixel art. So in the end, I should be the one to choose which part of color that stands out and does not.
By other means, saturation is freer to modify.
Time to test it out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Ami
--- Diary ---

M.Mage: It's the F.Mage's Diary. While she isn't here,i can read it.

May, 10: I'm hurt after the battle with the Minotaur. But luckily,F.Healer heal me with her Heal-2. That why,i Fall in Love with her.

M.Mage: Eh???
So... some of my Desktop hardware has kicked it apparently (still trying to figure out what and how at the moment :/ ) .... yay?
Stream will be live shortly with some Darkest Dungeon! Feel free to drop by!
Made a HUGE (YYOOOOJJ) Update to Monstructs and moving towards a Steam Early Access release!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
touchegambling