Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
This was my initial post with a Hullo? only title (I kinda learned since Thanks to the community and Andar -Thank-you!-);

Is there a particular protocol (set of rules) used to post or brag or store some sprite sets?

I saw that if I started a post I could join something like THIS probably below. (it moves if you open it BTW) But what about not going one by one?

Addendum/Edit;

As I read the http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/58-resource-showcase-rules/ carefully now (thanks Sharm for the pointer), I'm modifying and making my post more adapted to the guidelines.

All seems to be working now. This topic really made me learn a great deal upon how to use the forum starting treads and general use. It has been month I should had made something like that, so here's for the trouble something I didn't YET ever posted in my Steam Workshop Custom Housing! Enjoy before everyone else as a display of my gratitude!

So in a nutshell;

I'm now concentrating mods upon basic sprites from the original RPGMaker VX Ace (by Lunarea) that had been made facing one direction only (although I discovered with time why! XD ) and also slowly all battlers that don't have their full rotations. I make sure to complement each made sprites with their face sets.

I was allowed to do so as it seem permitted in the rules -so I've been written- and my first Ogre is on the Free Community DLC and... I was afraid Lunarea kick and ban me for touching up her work, but seems she's very lenient on it! (I have also a set of different sized minotaurs sprites there too with a faceset)

So, yes the little test .gif is from the first facing Demon on RPGMaker VX Ace' $BigMonster_2 spritesheet and is in basic concept owned by Lunarea and I just did the 3 other sides movements and I do plan making more of the battlers and face sets! As the Evilgod and the dragon spritesheet shows there; $BigMonster_2 sprite set full rotations is done.

I am not really certain I can stitch the whole $BigMonster_2 rotations spritesheets because of their size differences and read somewhere that even if I did so with the humanoids all together and the most bestials, the $ just can encompass 1 sheet.

************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Oh yeah! As per usual with me animating other's work like that,

USER TERM OF USE

Free for all use, commercial or not, so long it is use with a legit RPGMaker VX Ace copy and I guess in a RPGMaker VX Ace game you may or may not credit Marquise* and Lunarea.

(And my work is too minimalistic to be for Restaff so you'll find it here or on my Custom Housing! Steam Workshop project generally ^^ -you know I make this for you-)

*************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

*************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

This is my latest addition from the 14th of July 2016.  Everything should work by now!  At a point I was thinking I couldn't ever do it as this sprite requires lots of side enhanements and logistical puzzle to put together.  The face sets will follow with a bonus!

$Eg2.pngView attachment 42838

As for commissions...

I am not actually taking any commissions because I am waiting to master to my satisfaction all the elements of RPGMaking in RPGMaker VX Ace, this comprise sprite making and map making.

Although, in my Steam Workshop's Custom Housing! project I take a request list and if I see something in here close to the request I redirect to what I saw, if not, it goes straight to the bottom of my to do list. It's clearer that way!

I am also testing/helping my general RPGMaker VX Ace teacher/debuggers with custom anim cells/sprites and graphics. (But I am now freed at home from a bed bug invasion.  But I am still in the aftermath trying to put everything together back and it cuts me a some aspect of my life and creativity.) And of course, I can translate about anything in French but Dread's Events is next! So see you in a year or two about that! ^^

So... You can message me; I won't send you bugs if you ask if I can do this and that... but you've been warned! True, I won't chew at you, I might just get your request in my to do bottom list. ;)

So that's why I'm not taking upon anything for now. (Also... Have you seen what the monster work everyone before me had done before? o_O THAT's COLOSSAL! I'm pwnd!)

I think what I do now is more of the general resource tread. It is asked to be VERY CLEAR on who to credit for any pieces of artwork, so please refer to up there in the TOU. I dedicated this  whole tread here to be modding basic stuff I didn't saw covered already in RPGMaker VX Ace, but are partially there and made basically by Lunarea.

I think it covers everything. I went trough the posted link line by line.

I'm still unsure about the rules about mods of paid DLCs or posting games or pictures of made game that use assets of paid DLCs.  Although, since they are DLCs and everyone can DL .pngs  I put on the forum, we can't know who bought a pack or not so I am putting that as a BIG NO NO!  Because it could results to making freebies giveaway on restricted packs.  (I can see on Steam if someone have bought this or that DLC but not here, so I am not EVEN taking chances.)  

But even on expending upon DLCs, I am not there yet, since I prefer my originals and expanding upon what I already have... Gah! Life is a universe of learning!

It seems I had improved a bit upon posting;

/monthly_06_2015/post-42554-0-94864600-1434501044.gif

This is the link for my old WORKABLE $Dragon sheet;

http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/uploads/monthly_06_2015/post-42554-0-93899900-1434501058.png

I corrected the whip movement here in this now official finished $Dragon

/monthly_06_2015/post-42554-0-64701000-1435545703.png

and I tried working on a more bulky muscular one here

http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/uploads/monthly_06_2015/post-42554-0-05548000-1435545719.png

except folks don't yet see the difference... so I might have to work it for more than 4 pixels up!

/monthly_10_2015/post-42554-0-91040600-1446041449.png

This one was made for Teamgood in the October 28th 2015's Teamgood vs Teamevil competition. And upon joining Teamgood I made that offering also fulfilling the wish to get a statue version of it. So it might be used as a statue or a rocky GOOD dragon... Or a petrified one. ;) (You choose!)

Faceset picture is here NOW!  ...for the $Dragon if you like it to talk or hiss. ;)

Classical sized I have one with filter and the other sans (without) filter

/monthly_07_2015/post-42554-0-54104600-1437245910.png/monthly_07_2015/post-42554-0-11228400-1437245923.png

Also the followings have slightly larger size, if you'd like to experiment with them with your games be my guest. The higher sizing just comes from the fact that I had a hard time figuring out the right size/angle of the snout to be closer to the true battler.

/monthly_07_2015/post-42554-0-80938400-1437159425.png/monthly_07_2015/post-42554-0-03680000-1437159444.png

Hope everyone enjoys!

ADDENDUM;

****************************Links to modifications to my basic set extensions***********************************************************************

***********************************************************************************************************************************************************

Golf Hacker made Matseb2611 a side battler commission made from my side $Ogre from the Free Community DLC and Custom Housing!

(If you want a top more stuff go for the FCDLC, if you want more of my minimalism go on CH! XD

I personally would do both. But I know Im not good with music and tile art!)

So it is on Matseb's Resources (free for commercial use - tiles, sprites, animated battlers, and more!) tread.

The post is straight here->http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/28754-matsebs-resources-free-for-commercial-use-tiles-sprites-animated-battlers-and-more/?p=429333

and there is the $Demon side battler too made here -> http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/28754-matsebs-resources-free-for-commercial-use-tiles-sprites-animated-battlers-and-more/?p=539933

My this must had been torture for Matseb with all those wings! Let's hope Golf Hacker don't ask him flying $Dragons and dancing $Evilgod!

<jk>

***********************************************************************************************************************************************************

$DemonGIFTEST.gif

$Demon2.png

Demonface.png

DemonTalkTestl.gif

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
What you could do if you want to add other items, is simply edit the first post to include them, and then post an update so that people are alerted to the addition.

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
Wow Shaz on/off BBCode switch mode works making day and night keeping folks quoted. ^^ Thanks again Shaz!

Whoa! Did you make that?!
Well Actually Lunarea did 4 $BigMonsters_2 in a single sprite sheet... Except they couldn't walk in full rotations... I just happens to be an ol'day 2D animator from prior computers and then worked my anims on Deluxe Paint on my Amiga 1000 and then first had troubles with a basic asset set Ogre to make chase and attack my party on my initiatic first RPGMaker Vx Ace game. So I just asked permission to mod the sprite and debug my trouble in Photoshop. The Ogre ended in the Free Community DLC and I had request for the Minotaur battler... then I understood that for everyone I would make all the battlers and $BigMonsters available in that format to everyone. And... Well Matseb2611 showed me around Avery's art and... well she managed $BigMonster_1 set. So I guess it leaves me now a Dragon and a Evilgod (I must be masochistic for the later as the Demon took at least 25 layers and two versions to hold out in all poses!).

What you could do if you want to add other items, is simply edit the first post to include them, and then post an update so that people are alerted to the addition.
I've tried :X I didn't saw back the original file manager or where was attached my image. It is rather sad because this version has still left 2 mistakes on it I didn't figured out first! If I point it out usually folks just notice it ^^ At least in Steam; against black BG and in giant format... I might type all dust blurps pops!

Yep, there's a protocol.  Read this:  http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/58-resource-showcase-rules/

You'll need to update your first post very soon to match those guidelines so I don't have to lock the thread.
Aww cool! That means I might find the place where to get back to the original file manager and I am not at the wrong spot to start to post my itch to be a tid bit show off. ^^

Woah... first post I did on the Spriting and I seem to had offended the establishment thought. Awww.... Sorry Sharm! I'll get a thorough reading and then will see if that can work out. (Hope it don't bug thought I've been unlucky since the very first time I joined this forum with how it all works up!)

ADDENDUM:

Andar's post helped me out a lot. That's a wonder how comes I did learn how to use the toilet lid before going... ?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've tried :X I didn't saw back the original file manager or where was attached my image.
You'll need to click on "Use Full Editor" to switch to the full editor after clicking on the edit for the simple edit window.

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
WOAH! That made a digital world of difference Andar! Thank-you! ^^

(all modified now!)

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thanks for fixing!  (Not offended, just needed to let you know what was what.)  BTW, with the DLC/Paid resource packs you can edit them for your own personal use, but you cannot share them.  It's in the readme that comes with each pack.

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
Oh! I guess IN-game in encrypted format is the only acceptable to share them. ^^

I know each packs have different terms. (I read somewhere that someone had one that couldn't be used for commercial release.)

Usually folks are aware of them before buying?

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
We're getting off topic, so feel free to start a new one if you need it explained more, but no, none of the resource packs that you buy through Degica are that way.

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
All right!

It'll be case by case then, but thanks. (When I'm enough experienced spriting I'll check just what's nice to everyone if anything else I do is worth making a paid DLC set. ;) )

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
All right now, someone wanna kiss that baby?

Yeah! It is the Demon face, not an edit of Lunarea I painstically attempted to do it all look alike but the angle all facesets are facing... Only with me it is kinda always 3/4 profile with a slight degree down.

Well, Maybe it'll turn into a frog or something. (Don't dare to type me it'll turn into a squid!)

:)

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
As someone asked me if it was scary... I now know the answer. Nope! Not scary monster... just fantastic! XD

Its all right! I always search for the puny dust and hair that just ruined my face set. :p

So it is approved tor the Custom Housing! ? I'm hesitating to "Mettre le diable dans' cabane!" (MAybe in English non-literally it would be "Putting hell in the house!" ;)

_Shadow_

Tech Magician Level:
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
This guy must become friend with the ogre you made! :p

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
Brrr... Sorry... Weird image here. :p

I'm not supposed to say too much about it, but I'm supposed to do a bust work on it for some... errr... secret crash test! (Why didn't I worked on a slime? ^^)

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
**** DISNEY WANT TO SUE ME BECAUSE DEMON LOOKS TOO MUCH OF A GARGOYLE RIP-OFF! HELP!!! Also DL it fast before it diseapear and they go after Lunarea and then all after the whole RPGMAker RTP!!!!

I don't have the money to fend against lawsuits and gag orders... They might be already here all pictures are messed 90 degree counter-clockwise!!!

I'm so sorry everyone! I just wanted to help... Why theses things continue to happen to me.

ADDENDUM ON THE ALARMING SAD BAD SITUATION

>As if Disney would notice someone like me... Mere fantasy dream I guess. :p For those who wouldn't had guessed it from the date of the post; APRIL FOOLS! ^^

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
Erm... I thought it was relevant to get some shots at my work on an animated bust... from the battler! (click on it!) The pieces are there, I just didn't figured out yet how to make them work other than in .gif (actually the pieces were guinea pigs for Zoag who might now been having a Demoindigestion followed by a headache!)

Sorry, just leaving you dreaming until we sort it out. But it complete well the set if you can use it somehow.

BTW sounds like creepy pasta here and once you see it you won't ever look at it back ever the same again. So click it now and look the animation of the old battler animation (that is supposed to serve as an animated bust) before you get the effect spoiled on you. Else it might well be less of a surprise!

What I've noticed was a total accident... Altought, it feels part of my psyche got trough it! but I was supposed to work upon making him laugh and version I have now; blink. But in order to showcase all poses I just enumerated all frame bits one after another on the base pose. So he don't laugh or even look he's speaking... But looking it back I tried to read its lips tentacles when he finish raising his head up and he just look like he is wording

Help me...
!

_Shadow_

Tech Magician Level:
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
First off that April fool's almost got me actually. But then I said, well, if I will fall for that she will make fun of me for the rest of the eternity. :p

Secondly, I am still a dummy when it comes to forums Marquise. Why not PM someone who might know to ask? :)

Nanaki_Fan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
That is amazing work!

This coupled with Avery's monster sprites and Vibrato's work we could have a complete animated sprite sheet of all the battlers!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

It took really long to gather the 4 siblings to make this pictur- where did the fourth one go!?

misterdovah wrote on RyanYe's profile.
Hiiiii :rwink:
RPG Maker is working for me such as a College Degree: I've so much to learn to create, explore and try on...
You ever get really into a tv show...then realize after the first season you were really only into the opening theme for said show, and now that it's changed you're kinda done with it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rupawan