Humanoid Rock and Wood race. Can anyone help?

RhuneEmbah

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi everyone so I'm back again to ask the awesome community for help. I'm still working on my game and have hit a dead end when it comes to the resources I need. You see I'm creating a fantasy world called Vallore and wanted to stay away from the usual tropes of elves and dwarves so I decided that instead of dwarves being those industrious little men that make amazing weapons and armors in their underground mines I decided they would be a seafaring and trading culture But when it came to elves i just didnt have a place they could fit in the world other than being the typical elves you see that commune with nature and live in the ancient forests. Thats when I decided if thats the only place I can fit them in my world then I would need to find a way to make them unique to my world. Thats when I came up with the Elin these would have pretty much the same culture as elves but with one difference the Elin are what most would call Wood Golems in appearance but are extremely long lived and intelligent they live with nature in a symbiotic bond. Then I thought if these creatures evolved in the forest they might have evolved to other environments such as mountains and swamp. Happy with my idea I decided to look for resources that would help me bring these creatures to life, but try as I might I couldn't find anything that fit my vision. So I found a few images on google of what type of look I'm looking for but seeing as I have as much talent when it comes to resource creation as I do with rocket science I have come here to ask the community can anyone help me? Im looking for facesets and sprites if anyone can help. I've put some images in the spoiler to give some idea of what I'm looking for. Of course all credit will be given and a free copy will be issued when my game is completed. I know someone here can help as we have a great community of artists and resource creators. Sorry for the long winded post and thanks.

download (3).jpg download (2).jpg download (1).jpg images.jpg

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 3

Sevarihk

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMXP
The one Character from the VX OCC (the one with the hat) might be interpreted as a kind of wood golem. Also, I am sure Finalbossblues has made an ent character, maybe someone knows which DLC that one is in.

Other than that, I could offer you my golem char, though it only has an idle animation and a battler sprite (that could possibly be cut and edited to give him more facial features to work as a bust/face)

golem.png
golem.gif
stone_golem.png

RhuneEmbah

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks I completely forgot to say I'm looking for the resources for MV in RTP style. I might not have come across very clearly but the sprites would be used to create a village of these beings. Your resources are very good just not what I'm looking for I wanted them to have closer to human features as they would just be a being that over time evolved to blend seamlessly into their environs as such their skin is like leather but has the look and texture of tree bark with moss and lichens growing symbiotically on their skin and the same with the rock type except their skin has become thick and and with the texture of the mountains they call home and the same would be true of the swamp type with their skin blending seamlessly with the swampland they inhabit. Like I say your assets are great just not what I'm looking for as I was looking for a more humanoid face and closr to human style body. Thanks anyway.

Last edited:

Sevarihk

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMXP
That's totally fine, I just thought It useful to list the closest things to your description I could think of, but since your request is very unique, I couldn't find anything that fits better.

I felt like mentioning something that gets kinda a little close might be better than nothing, with such a unique character idea.

RhuneEmbah

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That's totally fine, I just thought It useful to list the closest things to your description I could think of, but since your request is very unique, I couldn't find anything that fits better.

I felt like mentioning something that gets kinda a little close might be better than nothing, with such a unique character idea.

Yeah thanks you see why I'm having such trouble. I know its a unique idea which is why its so hard. Thanks for your help. I think I might have to bite the bullet and either commission it or the other thing is just try my hardest to make it myself ( definitely my last resort as like I say in the OP no talent where it comes to that. )

Sevarihk

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Well, you never know. Your request is still new, maybe someone has just what you need or is willing to help you make it

The Stranger

The Faceless Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
British English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@whtdragon has made some nice golem characters that look sorta like the pictures you've linked. Take a look here. You can find them under the mythological animals category.

RhuneEmbah

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Sevarihk yeah fingers crossed.
@The Stranger yeah I found those too they are great ( but isnt all of WhtDragon's stuff. ). I was thinking if I didn't find what I was looking for here I could try and edit them but I'm really terrible at it.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

2021 has been the runner-up for the worst year of my life. 2015 may take that title, but '21 is pushing it. Excuses really don't justify how much of a jerk I've been this year to a lot of people.

I'm sorry. I don't intend to be a jerk forever, but I'd rather back up my intent with actions, not words.
"Another hundred habaneros... a teaspoon of tumeric... and a heaping helping of nitroglycerin!" The kitten in a chef's hat laughed maniacally as the pot he was stirring promptly exploded.
Woot got a promotion and a pay rise ᕙ( • ‿ • )ᕗ now I'm set.
does anyone feel like explaining to me the difference between simulation and emulation? you have my full permission to be as pedantic as you want.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redhumanbox