Humble Bundle RPG Maker Software

Discussion in 'Community Announcements' started by Archeia, Oct 8, 2017.

1. Archeia

Archeia Level 99 Demi-fiend Staff Member

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM

We know not everyone has access to the huge library of RPG Maker Software & Resources, so to even the playing field, we're teaming up again with the good people of Humble to present the Humble RPG Maker Software Bundle! Get $679 worth of awesome stuff for a fraction of the price, and support charity too!

CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE HUMBLE BUNDLE PAGE!

2. Stanley

Stanley Hero of the Untold Prophecy

First Language:
    Malay
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I snatched the 15 bucks bundle. :kaohi:
    I already have MV and don't have the need to use MV pack for now as my current workstation can't run MV:kaoswt:
    I'm happy to have all Degica-published RPG Maker in my collection:kaojoy:
    Thank you~!:kaohi:

3. Lilies

Lilies Warper

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    This bundle is awesome!

I got MV when it was on sale on Steam a few weeks back, but the 15$ bundle is really interesting. I'm honestly amazed that there is still more to be added to it on Tuesday!

4. Poryg

Poryg Pixie of the Emvee kingdom

First Language:
    Czech
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I bought the 15 dollar bundle too. In all honesty, the 50 dollar one doesn't offer anything interesting for me... And even the 15 dollar one was a good way to make me buy so many things I would never buy under normal circumstances :D But it had the emotional music pack and rm vx, so I went for it :)

Richard John S and Stanley like this.
  5. GethN7

GethN7 Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Question, do the packs of DLC provide separate keys for each DLC included? I was planning on getting it, but I already have some of the DLC, so I want to give any extra keys to someone else while getting the DLC I don't have.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2017
  6. Poryg

First Language:
    Czech
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    You will receive separate keys for every dlc, so you can give those you have to somebody.

Stanley and GethN7 like this.
  7. Stanley

Stanley Hero of the Untold Prophecy

First Language:
    Malay
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I just had to legally own RMVX for its BGM's! Especially Scene 4 and Town 5! :kaohi:

Poryg likes this.
  8. Lloyd@RedIronLabs

Lloyd@RedIronLabs Lloyd - RedIronLabs | LRHS | FileArchiveHaven

First Language:
    en
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I already owned MV, ACE etc - but I chose to pay $50 to show support and with high expectations of the "RPG Maker MV Starter Pack" DLC due to the number of included packs.

I couldn't find any valuable information to base my decision on, and made the decision to do a blind purchase, which is the reason why I'm posting this here :). If you are thinking to pay extra just for the MV DLC, I recommend do not do it.

If you buy the DLC expecting an actual starter pack to enhance the defaults - you will likely be let down. The packs are barebones (for example, the 4 seasons town pack, which you may expect from the video and description to have 4 seasons worth of tilesets, is really underwhelming and more like 'here is a sample of what 4 or 5 winter tiles looks like'). I found only a few of packs actually fit the default MV style with sporadic mismatched graphics (first faux realistic, then the next pack is parallax, then traditional pixel RPG art, then the next is a bunch of photo-realistic animal sprites).

TL;DR - although the bundle is worth it to show support, I recommend avoid it if the only intent is for the MV DLC.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2017
  9. Poryg

First Language:
    Czech
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    This is why there are videos showing which dlc are present in the packages though, to evaluate if it's worth it to you or not :)

Stanley likes this.
  10. Lloyd@RedIronLabs

Lloyd@RedIronLabs Lloyd - RedIronLabs | LRHS | FileArchiveHaven

First Language:
    en
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I should have been more clear on that - the brief description and only DLC video for the MV pack is what led me into expecting more - and is why I chose to share my experience here.

Edit: Just to re-clarify, for me it was still worth the $50 to show support. But as I already own MV, the last tier was a loss and I feel I should say it in case other people's purchases are made purely for the MV DLC.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2017
    KerriganSaila likes this.
  11. Rukiri

Rukiri I'm the epitome of EVIL!!!

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I like when software goes on sale and especially humble bundles, never know when you might snatch something useful :)
    nabbed the $15 one ^^

Stanley likes this.
  12. animaksiat

animaksiat RMMV learner

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    the perfect news, thanks!
    im still new to all this, so i snatched the $9 one... i don't see the point to goes for $50 when im still don't know much to operate it. and i already have MV from steam summer sale this year xD

13. bhindi1224

bhindi1224 NOT Indian Okra

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I apologize for posting what I'm sure is a duplicate in many respects to previous posts, but I am wanting to know specifically about this bundle. I purchased the $50 bundle.

It is my understanding that I can use any content that comes with the older makers in a project created with MV. Also, that unless stated otherwise (I'll have to check individually to be sure) I can use any of the DLCs from those previous makers as well in an MV project.

14. Gio Marko

Gio Marko Warper

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I bought the fifty dollar tier, because I have a Mac and MV's the only version that'll run on it (as far as I know). The DLC is all listed as Windows only. Is that an error?

15. padr81

padr81 Guy whose game is taking too long.

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Its a pity it only came with the Ace version of Pop Horror, so much resizing to do for my MV game. Also it should be clearly stated so people know what version they are purchasing in the bundle.

That said its great value and a good cause so I'm happy to have bought it.

16. bhindi1224

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    For the most part I'd imagine the DLC would work with any of them. I don't know about MAC vs Windows specifically, but they have png files, ogg and m4a files, that sort of thing. The problem is that they seem to get downloaded after you install the maker they go with on Steam. I don't know about downloading them separately, but maybe you could work it out somehow through an emulation or some such. Or maybe a friend has a PC that you could download it to and then copy over.

Edit: Of course the tiles wouldn't plug directly into MV if they were made from a previous maker version. They would need to be resized to work correctly with the mapmaker.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
  17. IRHP

IRHP Veteran

First Language:
    English
    The exclusive DLC is interesting, is it for MV and does it come with any tier?

18. Jomarcenter

Jomarcenter jomarcenter games

First Language:
    ENGLISH
    Kinda wondering who decided what to place the DLC in the bundle especially since we only get the Ancient Dungeon: winter instead of the Ancient Dungeon Base pack?

19. bhindi1224

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I don't use VX Ace, so I didn't immediately notice, but you're right. You gotta admit, it could be a great marketing tool to draw attention to the base pack. All in all, I think the entire thing was an amazing deal.

20. callmedan

callmedan Friendly Stranger

First Language:
    Vietnamese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    Thanks to this, I now own most of resources in my wishlist (Even I've already own few stuffs in the bundle but it's ok). I bought the $15 bundle since I can't afford the $50 one. :kaoswt:

Knayter likes this.