Jomarcenter

jomarcenter-MJM
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
ENGLISH
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This year's bundle has different game engines, more art packs, animation software, and games. 

Last year it was all RPG Maker related software. This year is much more broad. 
And also what the different between the deluxe and the regular rpg maker VX Ace? 

And also since it contain much more stuff I need. I just purchase it.

Nathanial

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
And also what the different between the deluxe and the regular rpg maker VX Ace? 

The deluxe version of Ace is Ace + Luna engine. You get them as separate redemption keys for Steam, however.

Ralpf

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English

Luna Engine in the deluxe.

Matombo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
lol since when is 2k at all available outsite of japan?

Little Paw

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So for this indie game maker contest thing... I assume we have to start the game no earlier than today, right?

What if I made a very small bit of a game (literally just one screen, which I posted about in another thread on here) before, could I simply start over and remake that bit and then keep working on it? Or would that not count?

metronome

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (Sure!)
Primarily Uses
Whoa whoa whoa, slow down guys.

I am pretty much confused here.

All I see in that page is items without price. How do I even buy these things?

And then, I see some steam icon below these items.

That means, if I can purchase it, I will have to install steam, and then use steam to get it even if it is just an add-on?

T.Bit

Labyrinth Explorer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Whoa whoa whoa, slow down guys.

I am pretty much confused here.

All I see in that page is items without price. How do I even buy these things?

And then, I see some steam icon below these items.

That means, if I can purchase it, I will have to install steam, and then use steam to get it even if it is just an add-on?
So basically, you choose what you pay for the lot. If you meet a certain price point, you get more of them. Part of the money goes to charity.

Jomarcenter

jomarcenter-MJM
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
ENGLISH
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So basically, you choose what you pay for the lot. If you meet a certain price point, you get more of them. Part of the money goes to charity.
Yeah. Humble bundle does that all the time. You save a ton of money if they release something good like the game making bundle.

Jomarcenter

jomarcenter-MJM
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
ENGLISH
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ok now i am a little worried about the license files saying

Resources may be packaged with commercial or non-commercial games and shared as long as they are protected via some means of encryption.
What the stance for using in RPG maker in any series since RPG maker can't actually encrypt Music files?

metronome

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (Sure!)
Primarily Uses
Thanks for your replies guys.

I went there, paid some money, and then they sent me a lot of download link (4 GB+).

What the hell....? :D

And then I see there is App Game Kit 2 included in the download list.

What is this?

I can make RM games and then port it to mobile platform using this program?

This is too much information for me in one go. I am kinda overwhelmed here. I don't even know what the hell I am doing right now downloading these things

dammmmm~ :D

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
And then I see there is App Game Kit 2 included in the download list.

What is this?

I can make RM games and then port it to mobile platform using this program?
No - you can use the app game kit to make games for mabile platforms, but not to port RM games.
The current humble bundle contains three or four different game making engine that work independently from each other and are partially from other companies.

Game Guru for example (also included) can be used to make FPS-games.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'm thinking of getting the bundle for aveyond and game kit...

@jomar if those are RM packs they will dp fine in RM's default encryption else you might need to contact the creators of those music files...

Last edited by a moderator:

caitsith2

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
One thing worth noting regarding encryption.  Neither RPG Maker 2000 nor RPG Maker 2003 supports encryption at all.  Only XP, VX, and VX Ace has encryption.

felsenstern

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
So... after several hours of sorting, dupe-checking and looking through all the content. I just wanted to say THANK YOU for the effort and all the extra and exclusive content. I was excited already when this pack was posted, but since I acquired all commercial packs already I didn't expect to get much out of it, but really, the extra content was overwhelming. I don't know where to start and don't want say names because I am way too afraid to forget any of you, all I can say is: I found every extra bit and appreciate it ;-).

I also wanted to tell you how much I liked the presentation of the packages on youtube. Right now I am downloading the clips because I don't want to lose them in case they are taken down when the event is over.

CHEERS!!!

Seriel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Right, so what happens with the RM2k coupon and the Game Dev Fort credit if I gift the bundle to someone? Do I get them? Do they get them?
I'm kinda new to Humble Bundle (Only bought the RM one last year and the 'best of' one recently)

caitsith2

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I think when you gift a purchase, you are given a unique gift link. When the recipient of that link clicks it, they are given the chance to enter their email address to claim that bundle.

Also, although you can't gift the coupons directly, you can choose to use the coupons to gift a discounted copy of xp/2k/2k3.

Seriel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I think when you gift a purchase, you are given a unique gift link. When the recipient of that link clicks it, they are given the chance to enter their email address to claim that bundle.

Also, although you can't gift the coupons directly, you can choose to use the coupons to gift a discounted copy of xp/2k/2k3.
So the person you gifted it to gets the coupons tied to their email?

caitsith2

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So the person you gifted it to gets the coupons tied to their email?
Yeah, it gets tied to whatever email is entered by the person clicking the gift code link, as you are gifting them the entire bundle at whatever level you spend at.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Kes
Let me ask you this - when was the last time you backed up? Can you afford to lose all the progress you've made since the last backup?
Just asking.
Working on fun ways to get around the Midnight Circus level! Cannons were a given :LZSlol:

apolloblastoff.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tree_of_Topaz