Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Are the coupons for steam versions of the engines, or official/forum store versions?

Scythuz

Explorer Bot *beep beep*
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Are the coupons for steam versions of the engines, or official/forum store versions?
You get the steam versions and humble store drm-free versions :)  The steam version of 2000 isn't out yet though.

caitsith2

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Only 2000 has a drm free version out, with steam version pending.  2003 and XP are steam versions only.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
RM2K is listed as both steam and humble store DRM-Free, but both RM2k3 and RMXP are only listed as steam version

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is there a limited time to access the items after purchase? I want to get the pack and can buy it now, but I can't download it now due to limited internet access for the next 2 weeks or so. By the time I have enough of a download allowance to get everything, the sale will be over. Can I buy it now then download everything in 2 weeks, or 2 months, or at any time in the future?

Jesse - PVGames

Game and Graphics Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
As far as I know, the purchase is tied to your humble bundle account and you can access it whenever you want.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
They give you an email with the link and they say that you should keep it so that you can access the files whenever you want.. So I do think there's no definite limit

metronome

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (Sure!)
Primarily Uses
Okay, here is the thing:

I have downloaded all of the package, and then suddenly I saw that there is a new version of the packages ready for download.

so here is my question:

Is the change in the new version big enough that I will have to redownload all the updated packages? I don't really want to redownload another 2GB+ files.....having hard time with internet connection right now.

Nathanial

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Okay, here is the thing:

I have downloaded all of the package, and then suddenly I saw that there is a new version of the packages ready for download.

so here is my question:

Is the change in the new version big enough that I will have to redownload all the updated packages? I don't really want to redownload another 2GB+ files.....having hard time with internet connection right now.
It's likely the DLC packs were updated with the fixed license that allows you to use the assets in other engines (outside of RPG Maker). So I wouldn't worry about it if you have a poor internet connection.

Jomarcenter

jomarcenter-MJM
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
ENGLISH
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's likely the DLC packs were updated with the fixed license that allows you to use the assets in other engines (outside of RPG Maker). So I wouldn't worry about it if you have a poor internet connection.
I was wondering that also after reading the license info further on the RPG maker specific DLC. And i saw that it can be use in any engine outside of rpg maker. Look like some of my resources got an license upgrade. that cash I put in is literally worth it.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Then this bundle is really worth much much much much... More than it costs. XD

JadenDew

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Here is my opinion after paying 12 USD for everything listed and unwrapping it. Hopefully, it would be useful for people considering.

Quantity-wise and "whether it is worth the money", it is a lot of stuff for 12 USD. I think a single music pack alone (such as Rebel Rapture and Inspirational packs) in the bundle would cost more than 12 dollars at usual store prices.

As for how much of it I would use, probably very little (<10%).

Would probably handpick a few tracks in the bundle. So far, I do like what I hear from the music packs :)

Graphics would highly depend what you want in your game, I find that most art don't fit my game.

The styles and genre of the art varies a lot, front 16bit tiny-sized RPG Monsters to 3D-Rendered-Lookish of High Fantasy Pack. I would recommend to take a very close examination of what is available if you are buying it for the graphic resources. I think those sci-fic developers would benefit a lot from the bundle (I can't be sure, I am not one myself ><) with a sci-fic pack and a few more sci-fic stuff from the "Humble Bundle New DLC Pack".

I don't dig very much into the games or the game development software but the 12 dollars is very much less than what I paid for RMXP and RMVXAce individually. A good chance to nab the engines if you have been eying them for sometime. Ace even come with Luna Engine. I will have you know I bought Ace and Luna individually ;_; (but they are good, really good)

With my bundle purchase, I can also strike out Game Character Hub from my Steam wishlist. I have been putting off that purchase because I wasn't sure it would be worth it. And now I have it "cheap". :D

Overall would I recommend buying it?

Yes I would ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Dungeonmind

Lvl 4000 Humanoid
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I am very curious about this, do we get these resources in files we can use on a Windows PC, and do we have to have steam?

Is the key for rmvx ace for the RM forum store version?

I am not interested if I have to have steam. I'm sorry everyone I'm reading the posts but some of its vague to me. :(

Reason I want to double check is I see little steam icons below most of the resources presented to me on the humble bundle store.

JadenDew

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
So I am very curious about this, do we get these resources in files we can use on a Windows PC, and do we have to have steam?

Is the key for rmvx ace for the RM forum store version?

I am not interested if I have to have steam. I'm sorry everyone I'm reading the posts but some of its vague to me. :(

Reason I want to double check is I see little steam icons below most of the resources presented to me on the humble bundle store.
The Humble Bundle resource packs "Exclusive DLC Pack", "Fantasy DLC Pack", "New DLC Pack", "Sci-Fi DLC Pack" and "Starter DLC Pack" are direct downloadables

App Game Kit, Game Dev Starter Pack, Mibibli's Quest and Sprite Lamp appears to be direct downloadable too (I haven't tried downloading these, but they ahve a download button like those resource packs)

RMVXAce and Luna Engine is for Steam.. and so are most other games and game development tools.

I believe the 90% RPG Maker Coupons are for the Humble Bundle Store which also have Steam as their platform.

If I am wrong someone please correct me >.<

Why not get Steam tho :o ?

Jesse - PVGames

Game and Graphics Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I find it amusing that some people are wondering if the price is worth it for the bundle.

It is literally thousands of dollars of resources, game engines, music, games, etc... for $12 (or less, even the $1 tier has great stuff). Anyone even remotely interested in making games (or just playing games) will not find a better deal anywhere. 

For the price of the bundle, it is practically stealing.

Dungeonmind

Lvl 4000 Humanoid
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Why not get Steam tho :o ?
I have no interest in getting steam simply because I use rpg maker on PC without steam and buy stuff through rpg maker forums. Correct me if I'm wrong but if you buy a game making engine through steam you have to use steam to use your software. So you can see how this is not appealing to some. Thank you for your elaborate response about whats steam and whats not, it was very helpful!  :guffaw:   Still I guess the resource packs are worth it anyways, I'll be getting this, I'm just not as excited as I would be if I could have non-steam keys for rmvx ace software. I already own Ace but I was going to gift Ace to a buddy but he doesn't use steam sadly.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Correct me if I'm wrong but if you buy a game making engine through steam you have to use steam to use your software.
It needs to be downloaded through steam and you need a steam account, but steam has an offline-mode and you can install and use steam and non-steam Ace parallel (in fact I do with the steam version set to english and the non-steam set to german).
All RM-DLC bought in steam can be copied out and used in the non-steam version, and the non-steam resources can be used in the steam-version in the same way as in the non-steam version.

The only reason not to use steam would be if you don't want to make a steam registration with your personal data (in case of bad internet connection you might have to disable the automatic steam updates as they could cause problems, but that can easily be done).

Dungeonmind

Lvl 4000 Humanoid
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What if someone simply doesn't have the internet, can they use steam to get rpg maker vx ace and download it then uninstall steam completely and still use the software? I'm wondering this because a friend of mine doesn't have the internet.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Watch Studio Blue play Numina by starlit in our latest RPG Maker Games Critique stream starting NOW!

Wish me luck. One of the leading experts on certain false shuffle is going to check if my skill is good enough to be called "not total trash".
Not an RPG Maker Update but I'm happy to say that I finally passed my drivers written test. Which makes me a happy guy.
FWRu-cYXkAAAUbl
Have you ever been in such a luck streak you felt fear something was wrong?
I'm going to be adding in combat animations, revamping the UI and putting in a new cutscene this week, so this is your last chance to play the MC:RIS demo in its original form! Say you were there since the beginning! https://qos.itch.io/infinite-sadness

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Respec