Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
As andar said once you open steam, there is an offline mode... Log in once, download VX ace and stuff then activate offline mode... Now you can opem steam without internet

Afaik, you cannot open them once you remove steam so just use offline mode...

I was a steam hater before, but after I used it I realized how awesome it is...

PS: I'm mostly using steam in offline mode btw, which is why my records dont show much play times..

Last edited by a moderator:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you need steam installed, but as said steam can work in offline mode completely without internet - you just have to connect the computer for the original downloading and installation.

Of course, any steam game will only be local in offline mode, no network or online functions available

Jomarcenter

jomarcenter-MJM
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
ENGLISH
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What if someone simply doesn't have the internet, can they use steam to get rpg maker vx ace and download it then uninstall steam completely and still use the software? I'm wondering this because a friend of mine doesn't have the internet.
Well you can't, steam DRM is in place as you need to run steam (offline or online mode) in order to run any games or software there. (unless if the software didn't have the DRM in place as some games opt-out of using the DRM)

Edit: But anyways the DLC/Rsources pack and some game engines don't need Steam in order to download it but you need to keep the link to your page or have a humble bundle account for download purposes.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
So I've got the pack, and it has a 90% off of XP from the humble store as a coupon. I tried to get it but there's no place to use the coupon. Then I've read the instructions and saw that the coupons are automatically placed to your humble store accounts. I didn't have an account when I bought the bundle, so is there a way for me to be able to still use the coupon?

caitsith2

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Yes.  Just create a humble bundle account using the same email as you used to buy the bundle, and log into that account, before following the steps to redeem the coupons.

Seriel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Thanks for purchasing Humble Game Making Bundle!
Yeah, that's right. I went there :)

Sooooooooooooooooooooom many links and Steam Keys @_@

Edit:

To get the Coupon for RM2k, do I click "Sign in to claim this page" ? (I dont have a Humble Bundle account :/)

My reaction when I saw all the stuff in it:

*picks up jaw off the floor*

felsenstern

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Yeah, that's right. I went there :)

Sooooooooooooooooooooom many links and Steam Keys @_@

Edit:

To get the Coupon for RM2k, do I click "Sign in to claim this page" ? (I dont have a Humble Bundle account :/)

My reaction when I saw all the stuff in it:
And don't forget that you have an extended license for these resources, which means that you can use them for game development in any system, game-engine or computer language as long as the engine/system/computer language ... what was the term here: "retains the Company's rights" and "as long as they are protected via some means of encryption"

;-)

caitsith2

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Nor is there any encryption for any resources in 2K/2K3.

felsenstern

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Dunno really, but I think if you put the audio folder into the graphics folder it gets at least compressed if not even encrypted, but I will check that now ;-)

Edit: Yep. Encrypting a music file is possible, but playing it is a bit harder ;-)

JadenDew

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Wait.. all the music from the bundle have to be encrypted if we want to use them for our project?!

Seriel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I've seen released games with unencrypted audio :/

SilentPogg

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I just purchased the bundle and Im very excited to give it a go!!!!  My question is about the 90% off coupons for 2k, 2k3, and XP. Is it a separate coupon for each game or do I only get to choose one game to use the coupon? If that is the case which of the 3 makers would yall recommend to a newcomer to the rpg maker world?

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Jackus - released games with the current bundle? Already? That's fast

Anyway, there are scripts and other methods out there that does encrypt audio. Hime has one, I think Estriole has one too.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is it a separate coupon for each game or do I only get to choose one game to use the coupon?
It would be a separate coupon for each engine. So you can get all of them :)

felsenstern

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Wait.. all the music from the bundle have to be encrypted if we want to use them for our project?!
At least in RPG-Maker it is tolerated that the music isn't encrypted. So don't worry!

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I do hope that is the case with the other license.

felsenstern

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
The safest way would be to ask the support if it's possible to get a RPG-Maker License for this case.

Acetonide

Event Coordinator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
For the current Bundle there seems to mostly be resources from two sources..

Game Dev Fort (the non-RPG exclusive sister site to this one I think) which states in the license it requires the resources to be encrypted.
Most of the current resources in the Bundle are from there (in my opinion). Those all shall a common license which states "Resources may be packaged with commercial or non-commercial games and shared as long as they are protected via some means of encryption."

As for getting the RM license you would likely have to pay for it separately. Although legally you can use these in RM Engines (as long as you adhere to the terms and conditions) that's a different license. Just as how RMW used to sell licenses for some resource packs that can be used in any Engine. (Actually, do they still do that? I didn't see them in the store earlier, but I don't think I saw those resource packs over at Game Dev Fort either.)

There are also resources from a different site (which shall go unnamed) which now only has one license allowing you to use resources freely in commercial games and it has no mention of encryption that I spotted. The crediting information for the resources there also seem odd. Honestly looking at the license on the website makes me think they purposely made it more confusing and for the most part I'm avoiding using them when possible. Although if anyone would like to translate it I'll be more than happy to see what it says in plain English. ^^;;

On a side note I noticed, when I downloaded it yesterday, that the Beat the Average Tier DLC had a licensing problem.
The "Kairi Sawler Exclusive" folder had a license document introduction seems like a c&&p job from the "JSM Romance & Sci Fi" introduction. The part about crediting seems accurate though.

I only quickly skimmed through all the licensing stuff though.

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Any engine means any engine.  You don't need an additional RM license.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Kes
Let me ask you this - when was the last time you backed up? Can you afford to lose all the progress you've made since the last backup?
Just asking.
Working on fun ways to get around the Midnight Circus level! Cannons were a given :LZSlol:

apolloblastoff.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tree_of_Topaz