felsenstern

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Any engine means any engine.  You don't need an additional RM license.
We were talking about that RPG-Maker XP/VX/Ace doesn't encrypt Audio and that 2k/2k3 doesn't encrypt any Resources at all and that the upgraded license from Game Dev Fort requires that resources need to be encrypted: "as long as they are protected via some means of encryption" which would mean that XP/VX/Ace wouldn't be suitable for sound resources and 2k/2k3 for no resources at all that came with the actual RPG-Maker humble bundle.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Yeah, for the old RM versions of the resources, it's been allowed to use them without encryption of the audio as RM doesn't do it by default. But since these packs are "different" and uses a different license which states that "that resources need to be encrypted", we just want to know if it still holds that it's fine to use them on RM even if we just use the default encryption which doesn't include Audio.

JadenDew

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I wonder if these EULAs about needing to encrypt resources will hold against encrypters that decrypt on play (meaning the audio is not encrypted at the time of play..)

I have half the mind to make a fuss at GameDevFort to whine about inability to use this resources after paying for them ;_;

(Editted for spelling)

Last edited by a moderator:

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Jaden - encrypted games are decrypted during gameplay in some way or another. Which is why decrypting games is mostly about finding out how the game does it during play or how it was encrypted so you can reverse it. It could be obvious decryption like remaking the file into some folder or a more hidden one, but fact is they are being decrypted during play.

JadenDew

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hmm I din't know that..

Tho it is still not clear to me whether the EULAs will stand up against this sort of encryption. Sorry >< Could spell it abit more clearly?

(edit.. eep dint mean to use that emote.. sorry! )

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Yeah, the question really is if it's okay to use those too in RM's default encryption given that RM doesn't encrypt audio. And most audio encryption does the obvious decryption too AFAIK, especially in RM as it seems to need the file "physically" for it to play it.

felsenstern

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Again, I don't think that anybody will take actions against you, if you are using resources that come from Degica in RPG-Maker, even if that means that the build in encryption methods are lacking protection and if you are unsure, write to the support to ask if it is possible to get the RPG-Maker License to be on the safe side.

EternalShadow

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Plus, I'm pretty sure Degi are aware of the limitations of RPG Maker's encryption already :p

Nathanial

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
If you're using the audio files in RPG Maker (any, legally bought from us version) you do not need to worry about the encryption. 

It's there for people using it in other engines; in which case nearly every single engine will allow the user to (in some way) encrypt the audio. We ask that you take that step.

If the engine you're using really can't encrypt audio in any way, contact us and explain the engine you're using. While I can't promise you'll be given some slack, we certainly are pretty understanding people. 

I hope that clears up concerns over that.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
As said this site's store resources and their humble bundle version have different licenses.. So the bundle license wont really matter if those already released game use the packs from the sites store..

And anyway, Nathanial already cleared up things that using them in RM without audio encryption is fine anyways

JadenDew

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Thanks for clarifying Nathanial!

Making a commercial project for the first time so I would rather be extra careful xD

cockroach

An RPG Jack-of-all-trades
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I just bought this thing, and I'm having a problem using the coupons for RPG Maker 2000/2003.

It says in the usage orientation I should add the RPG Makers to my cart in any combination. And when I go add the coupons it only allows me to add 1 coupon at a time. Any of you had this issue too?

(I intend to buy only 2000 and 2003, since I already have XP. And I want to do it in 1 single operation, since the credit card charges me fees for each buy. Oh, and I tried putting all of them in the cart, the coupons didn't work as well)

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I also had the same problem.

TMS

Guy with Mask
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
It's taking me a while to get around to downloading and checking out everything in the bundle. Is there any kind of time limit for downloading it, or expiration dates for the coupons?

By the way, the only things I have downloaded so far are the torrents for the Game Dev Starter Pack, and both turned out to be just packs of tutorials. Do I need to use the md5 to actually download Game Guru and AGFPRO?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
coupons expire in octobre - there is no time limit for the downloads that I know of.

I activated Game Guru and AGFPRO on Steam - I don't know if they provide a non-steam version, sometimes they do.

Acetonide

Event Coordinator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
For those of you who haven't noticed the extra content was added today.

The Modern DLC seems to be 2.2GB, downloading it now but that's going to take a while. ^^;;

Hoping it doesn't contain anything I already bought. Dx 

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
A question arising from deep ignorance

Would I be correct in assuming that those who have already bought the bundle have no access to content which is only released now?

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
A question arising from deep ignorance

Would I be correct in assuming that those who have already bought the bundle have no access to content which is only released now?
You do, I just downloaded everything.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

ScreenShot_5_15_2022_4_23_30.png

found out the names of all the window's used in Yanfly's Victory Aftermath plugin and came up with some designs for them.
Work on yo games humans! No excuses!
Finally working on a real title graphic! Here we are at an early stage:
titledemo.png
Sometimes game dev feel like...
progressMeme.png
back with more music

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yeya007