Bryan Nejdl

A Perversion
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
https://www.humblebundle.com/software/rpg-game-dev-bundle?utm_source=download_page

It is alluded to in this bundle when they mention the recent RPG Maker bundle, but will these assets work with RPG Maker MV? The music ones obviously will, but need to know if the graphic ones will. If so, but need to be resized, how difficult is that?

Basically, is it worth the $20 for all the stuff (and there is a lot) if I intend to use it in RPGM MV?

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
A lot of those graphics are 16 x 16, so will have to be resized, and may look poor quality when you do. The music alone is probably worth the $20 when you think how much music packs cost individually.

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Do note that the license of gamedevmarket forbid you from using the assets in more than one commercial game.

Poryg

Dark Lord of the Castle of Javascreeps
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
And to think I spent over 70 bucks in past when the licenses were still perpetual... Well, thanks for saying that @Hudell! :D

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Like @Hudell said, the licence given by Gamedevmarket is much more restricted than the licences common to the RM community - in fact this is much more restrictive than "only one commercial game".
Here are some other restrictions given inside there legal terms:
1) max of five downloads of the resources - if you loose the downloads, redownloading is limited (here you can redownload as many times as you want)
2) while edits are allowed, the full copyright/ownership of the edited part goes to the original artist (no shared copyright/ownership like common here and in other places)
3) in a series of games and sequels, each sequel counts as a different product requiring an additional purchase of the same resource to get another licence

And I didn't read the full licence - there might be additional problems as well.

SimProse

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
They've now issued a new EULA for the packs through Humble that allow them to be used for multiple products now.

_Shadow_

Tech Magician Level:
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
They've now issued a new EULA for the packs through Humble that allow them to be used for multiple products now.
A link would help others to read that EULA.

Poryg

Dark Lord of the Castle of Javascreeps
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I forgot to answer the question.
Whether these resources are worth it or not, I'd say yes. However... The graphics are incompatible with each other except for those made by the same artist, which limits their usability. Many also offer next to zero room for building anything sensible from the box. Of course it's not expected for them to be perfect, but many lack the diversity.
There are a ton of graphics in one of the packs, great with dragonbones, but cartoon style and as such not compatible with default mv style graphics.
As for the music, I found it unimpressive. It's supposed to be battle music, but I would say the music is off. The magic spell sfx are a joke. The 8000 sound fx pack is great though and certainly useful. 8000 sounds might be overkill, but buying separate packs would cost around 15 bucks per pack, so it's a steal at this price.

BrandedTales

StoryTeller
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Here's the link to the EULA for convenience:
https://www.gamedevmarket.net/terms-conditions/#pro-licence

However, the bundle also included a pdf with the following paragraph in it:

Each asset that comes in the bundle is mainly covered by GameDev Markets standard license
terms, with one vital difference. At the moment our license states that each asset can only be used
in one project, however we are in the process of removing this clause, so for the purpose of any
Humble Bundle purchases, all assets can be used in multiple projects.

And to the OP:
There are some Time Fantasy RPG assets in there that are pre-formatted for RPGM (and have even foldered them separately to make life easier), but there's a bunch of assets that aren't and would require additional work.

OnslaughtSupply

Ssshhh...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I own most of the hand painted top down toilets and they're really really good looking but not even remotely sized to any rpg maker as with most of the assets listed in the lower priced packs. A little elbow grease and you can get it working though.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Turning a specific vibe into reality is incredibly difficult. For instance, this song is one of the ones I listen to when working on my post apocalyptic project, and getting it's "feeling" into the game has been a real challenge.

I don't just wanna regurgitate the numbers I see, I wanna actually understand the calculations I'm making so I'm probably gonna make a post later with some calculations and what I THINK they mean to get some advice and corrections.

Edit: All (Most) of these will be tested in game prior. I just wanna make sure I understand what's going on under the hood if you will.
my girlfriend calls all my little chibi art cute lol... funny considering that wasn't the original art style of the game.
100 problems in RMMZ 100 more problems take one down pass it around 101 Problems in RMMZ
Made some progress on my game, mostly mapping. Learned quite a bit in the process!.

M6eUoTT.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shadowbroniceguys