Hunger, Thirst, Stamina System

Bareacine

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
I was wondering if anyone would be willing to help me, im trying to create a more sandbox single player survivor game. One of the key elements i need is a hunger, thirst, and stamina system that link into each other. such as hunger and thirst decreasing overtime, at certain points of trying to dash with low stamina you decrease thirst and hunger even faster. eatting and drinking will increase so certain notetags would increase that. and obviously if thirst or hunger drop to 0 you will slowly lose HP until you die. Such as if hunger is just at 0 you lose X amount of health, but if both are at 0 you lose a greater amount of health over time. It will also need a displayable HUB it could be something basic or something that can even be customized. I'm just trying to get a system in place so i can get the ball rolling on the game. The game will be commercial so a free copy of the game is in order upon release.

Wookiee420

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
are you sure RPGMaker is what you want for a sandbox game? open world and sandbox are different, and so is survival. sandbox games are like Ark or 7Days or Rust or that type of thing, usually there are no mission as you can do whatever you want whenever, build a town, tear down a town, mine things and craft and sell it etc. Open world games are like Watch Dogs, GTA, FF (not 13), Mafie, etc, those games you have the freedom to do almost whatever you want but the designers also put in missions and a story and tell you what to do basically. Survival games tend to be sandbox games as well but you can make it more of a narrative and more open worldish, you give the player the story and all that but they have to survive like Dead Island.
The Maker IMO is not powerful enough for sandbox games, there is WAYYYY too much data being processed for this engine. You can get away with an open world as long as its older FF style, you can even add survival elements to that, an example would be a zombie/apocalypse game, where you need to worry about your health and all that but its still in the old school JRPG style of story telling and gameplay.

All that said I think I saw something in the plugin master list that deals with hunger and such.

Bareacine

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
I guess i would like to say it as more open world. I always get the two confused. I've found a couple plugins that will make it so i can add objects to the map to make it seem as though there is building and placement. Many crafting plug in's and such. I had a decent time trying to pull this off in VX Ace but it was just to hard. I feel like however this could work easier in MV. I lost the script that i had in VX Ace that was a hunger, thirst, stamina system. So long story short i would say for a more open world deal, no sandbox

LadyBaskerville

Hell-poodle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't know of any MV plugins for a system like that and I'm afraid my programming skills aren't good enough to write it myself, but there's a tutorial on how to create something similar with events:

It's for VX Ace, but it should work the same way in MV. Maybe you can build on that if you don't find a plugin.

kako05

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Australian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Its very easy. Just use paralel common event and make a player use certain variable every 60 seconds or something. In the same event you can link it to another common event if condition reaches certain level.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Coffee + Silk Coconut Milk + Splenda Zero = Not ..... awful :/ .
My new RPG Maker music pack, Emotional: Redemption, is now in progress and will be coming to RPG Maker soon. It is an album that focuses on emotional themes including the darker forms of sorrow and despair. Below is a demo of a composition from the album.

Please watch out for your hands when handling chests! XD Did this a few days ago, it was fun to animate

Apparently, it's illegal to be drunk on licensed premises: pubs, etc. It's illegal for keepers of public houses to permit drunkenness and disorderly conduct. lol.
Pillow Hero - A 16-bit arcade styled puzzle game, update 0.5 is live now on Itch.io! --> https://bifrost09.itch.io/pillow-hero

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Miss_Kata