HYBRIS - Pulse of Ruin

lucien

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses

Hi everyone! I'm happy to announce Hybris - Pulse of Ruin. The game will be available on Steam from June 15th.

The game was first released in German in 2011 and won awards such as Game of the Year in the German RPG Maker Communities. During the last two years I have fully translated the game into English and completely revised it with new graphics, new gameplay mechanics and a lot of new content.

Follow on Steam
Follow on Facebook

Release Date: June 15th 2018
Price: $12.99

Languages: English, German

Embark on a journey about finding strength to stand up to challenge your destiny and discover a purpose beyond survival. Experience a deep story in a post-apocalyptic fantasy world. Enjoy an epic RPG with an innovative turn-based battle system.

A world that has accepted its miserable fate does not ask for a saviour. The condemned do not ask for more than their Gods’ forgiveness. From where do you draw hope, when you have already accepted your destiny?

-Experience an intense and deep storyline of 40 hours about finding the strength to challenge your destiny and discovering purpose beyond survival.

-Create your own classes: Choose freely between 9 elements to level up and unlock hundreds of skills with different combinations to flexibly grow your characters.

-Adapt to your surroundings in turn-based combat: Both your actions and your enemies will all heavily influence the battlefield and efficiency of elemental skills.

-Discover a vast world ruined by an ancient war and ruled by unforgiving Gods. Meet numerous Characters with their own stories and motives. Engage in an innovative battle system with voice acting.

Our world has been divided for thousands of years. The Pure, chosen by the Gods, live in paradise. The Impure, whose sins have brought ruin to our world, live in the devastated outworld. They will never be forgiven. This is the divine order our gods have established.

But, through fateful circumstances, a man of the Impure meets a woman of the Pure. To save her life, Kiro has no choice but to take Saia to the outside world. Committing the greatest crime of all, his only hope for redemption is to bring her back to paradise safely. That is what he promised her.

Hunted by demons, heretics and the gods themselves, they will try to find peace in a world that has known nothing but suffering for over a thousand years.

Stand up. Don’t give up. Survive!

SCREENSHOTS

Last edited:

rue669

RueToYou
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This looks pretty cool. I've wishlisted on my Steam account.

Isabella Ava

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Awesome : O i love the 3d like graphic, it's somewhat remind me to Final fantasy VIII

lucien

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Thanks a lot! Hope you had a chance to look at the game.

I worked on the German translation in the meantime and it's finally completed. So the game is now available both in English and German.
I also took the time to fix all the reported bugs (luckily, there were only minor ones and no gamebreakers).

Kwerty

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This looks amazing. Very nice trailer but spotted a couple of spelling errors (worth fixing those)

Agree that it has a FF8 vibe to the menus.

This project looks really cool!

lucien

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Hello there!
I've worked on a lot of updates the last months and was finally able to release them.
There's new content, new challenges, a lot of graphic revisions like the characters eyes and so on.
But I'm most happy about the two openings, for which I could license a great song.

I look forward to your feedback and I hope you enjoy the new content and features!

Here's the detailed update:
https://steamcommunity.com/games/778800/announcements/detail/1690476459102074115

There's also a new trailer:

And last but not least, the openings:

Best regards
Lucien

Kwerty

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Congrats looks ace :)

CrowStorm

Storm crow descending, Winter unending.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Pretty impressive kinda sorta late 90s-era PS1-lookin' FMV + prerendered BGs type deal you got goin' on here, I dig it, definitely not your typical RM game. Are those Pioneer Valley edits I'm seeing?

I don't know if you're using Poser or what software you're using but you're a halfway decent 3D modeler. A lot of indie/amateur Poser stuff looks truly awful. This doesn't. The not-overly-clothed lady doing something with pink energy of some kind is attractive in both senses of that word.

Now this is just my personal opinion, but the attack vocalizations aren't doing anything for me. They're not bad, they just feel kind of unnecessary.

EDIT:the blonde guy in the blue turtleneck looks too much like Cloud Strife minus one pauldron.

lucien

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Thanks a lot for the feedback!

About the graphics
I used DAZ3D for the models and for a lot of the background props. The rest is self made using textures.
I had to play around quite a while with the settings to get the result I wanted :)

Now this is just my personal opinion, but the attack vocalizations aren't doing anything for me. They're not bad, they just feel kind of unnecessary.
There are numerous vocalizations for each character in battle (progagonists and antagonists). I wanted to show that feater in the trailer, since I was lucky to get talented voice actors. For each of the nine attack types, the battle intro, battle end, hit and ko, there are at least 4 lines for each character in the main party. The main character's lines change during the game to reflect the character development.
In my opinion, that gives them more personality and makes the battles more interesting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Making it a rule that I don't do any world building for my new game before the actual gameplay is concrete and working. I have 16 years of lore to work with anyway.
Cheesy power metal makes everything better. No matter what you do, you'll feel heroic doing it.
Starting to really like the first of my madness areas. I think the eyes looking at them really helps to sell the place. :LZSexcite:
Made idle animation for character. It first had only three frames but looked too different from walking animation and I had to draw five more.
MV and VX Ace both have good qualities.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadAtticGames