Moosky

Bootleg Artist
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I am thinking of making a game but something is pulling me back.

I am a absolute beginner with a learning disability so it's harder for me to learn new stuff but I do my best. So here's the thing:
I want a battle screen to be similar to Hylics and OMORI, in a way I want the screen to have portraits of the characters, and I have a mechanic in mind. In battle you have two bars: SB (Substance/HP) and WILL (Mana). SB is obvious, you reach zero and you're dead unless you gain a party member that can revive you, but WILL is your willingness to keep going in the dream world, you use it for special attacks but it depletes when you use abilities and the less you have of it the more miserable the portrait looks and your character will have lower defence but higher chance of hitting the enemy. But I do not know how to, is there a script for it?
And I do know how to create the attacks since I am a animation student so no need to help with that.

Also can you put status effect icons on the corner of the character portrait like in Hylics?
Any help appreciated

Alarkus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
By default RPG Maker already uses portraits and you can change the names of things like HP and MP in the Terms tab.
If you want to customize the layout any further (like for the changing portraits and stuff) then you'll either need someone else's script or commission someone to make one for you. Hylics and Omori both have custom-made scripts for their games.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Aerosys wrote on OcRam's profile.
Just saw your video about Map Generation. What a pity it's gone! It looked really well-made and like an excellent competitor to mine.
The Florida city I was born and raised in, Fort Myers, has been in the national news lately. We took a major hit from the hurricane. I'm fine, but others weren't so lucky.
Today's gonna be a weird day. Someone just let me through... while I was waiting for a green light.
Released my latest game in June! Ashina: The Red Witch. Inspired by old adventure RPG Maker games :)
If you are not part of the solution, you are insoluble sediment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NPC2000