OverTheWay

Starts making games but never finishes them
Reaction score
First Language
Romanian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey guys!

So, I just began working on a game, and I was wondering if there exist any plugins for something I want to do.
The first thing I was wondering is if there is any plugin that would allow me to change the font of the title screen buttons(New game, load, options), the spacing between them and possibly even add a symbol next to the highlighted one. I used one of the plugins that comes with RPGMV that only allows me to change the position of the overall commands and select the text's background type (dim, transparent, normal).

The second thing: in my game, the main character is a girl who wakes up into some sort of experimental hospital. She escapes and I wanted her to encounter guards, scientists on the way that would attack her. And I was wondering if there is any plugin that would allow me to ask for a certain button to be pressed quickly when the scientist comes in contact with her so she would kill him, else she would die.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
The first is usually done with a skip title screen plug-in, then you draw the title screen instead. Though there might be another one that lets you just edit some of the buttons, but I don't know of it.

The second can probably be done with eventing, though it is going to be really tricky. My initial thought is to have the scientist be set to event touch, and when they touch her, check for a key press, and if it is not pressed in the time, call the Game Over event. The hard part is the check for key press and how to make it not instant, and I'm unsure on that part. Maybe post another thread on that one and see if someone can help you event it?

Besides, we do prefer plug-in requests to be one plug-in at a time, to avoid confusion in the search engine.

OverTheWay

Reaction score
First Language
Romanian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Alright, thanks for the tips and sorry if I've done it wrong to ask for 2 plugins in the same posts.
@bgillisp
And how do I draw the title screen? Using choices or? Because it sounds interesting and I'm thinking of giving it a try.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
What most do is they draw many versions of it, one for each location you can be on the menu, then use show picture to show the current version. It's tricky to set up at first though, as it involves some parallel processes to determine if the player has pushed a key or not, and you need to make sure the player doesn't move either (I did it by making the map impassible, so if you did hit a key, the player didn't move, but others may use other methods).

I know in ACE someone had a sample project to demonstrate how to use it (It was The Dragon Heretics), but not sure anyone has done it in MV.

OverTheWay

Reaction score
First Language
Romanian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ok, sounds pretty hard to be done, at least for me, so I guess I'll stick to plugins. But thanks anyway, I will try the one with check key for the quick button press. Check for key press is an event command, right?

OnslaughtSupply

Ssshhh...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
https://atelierrgss.wordpress.com/rmv-custom-title-screen/
Try these plugins from MogHunter. It will change the entire look of the title screen. Everything is in Portuguese, so get Google translate ready if you don't know the language. It comes with a sample project with his/her plugins and sample art so you can figure out how it all comes together.

OverTheWay

Reaction score
First Language
Romanian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I actually had a look at it yesterday. I saw that font the buttons use and I'm curious, is it the only one available?

OnslaughtSupply

Ssshhh...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can make any picture be the buttons. So you could use something like flamingfonts or Photoshop to make your own commands.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Okay, that's the best I can do. Looks a little strange but..err.. it's my style, yeah, very original style..
being an extreme introvert with massive anxiety... I forget this is really, REALLY frustrating for people who are the exact opposite. still, wait this out and stay home...
I hope you all are keeping safe. <3 If you need a shoulder or an ear, I have two of both and am more than willing to listen & support you! Times are weird.
My dad, super frustrated by seclusion, asking me how I live like this. I shrug. "It helps to not like what is outside."
Apparently it's not just people who are hit by corona virus. My phone has set itself to English language on its own. Not that I'm complaining... :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imnotanepicgamer