RHachicho

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hi there I am currently working with Fogomax to make some much needed plugins. He is the author of the plugins but does not usually post commissioned work. I however have used many many plugins/tilesets/resources that have generously been provided by this community free for commercial and non commercial use .. and would like to give something back. The first Plugin I post will be something very small. However I will keep you updated on any future plugins I am commissioning and post them here as they are completed. I have their permission to do so. I will once again state that these plugins are NOT made by me. i am merely commissioning them. I hope this helps beginners like me.

First up .. is a small plugin to reposition SV_Battlers modified to allow up to six battlers to be repositioned .. (The default Kadokawa plugin only does 4)

Non-Combat Actor system is now ready! - Check the plugin help for detailed documentation. Requires a Bust and a Name image for each actor to work right. But you can just make a blank image if u don't want to use it. The plugin also allows you to set a background image for the entire menu via the plugin parameters. Leave this blank if you do not wish to use a background image. The plugin works with Yanfly's Main Menu manager and Message Core! Allowing you to play with the text format and easily include it in the main menu.

Here is how to add it to yanfly's Main Menu Manager.

Name : "Entourage" (Or whatever you like in inverted commas.)

Symbol : Entourage (Or any unique identifier, No inverted commas.)

Show : true

Enabled : $gameParty.entourage().length > 0 (Causes the button to be greyed out if you don't have any entourage actors in party)

Main Bind : showSceneEntourage.bind(this)

You can leave the rest blank.

FAIR WARNING! : This plugin was optimized for 1920x1080 resolution as that is what I am developing in. And though it can adapt to a variety of resolutions there is too much info on the screen to be displayed at rpgmaker's default resolution. This plugin was also designed to work in conjunction with DreamX's Follower and Battle member options which you can find below ..

How it works ..

Once an actor is tagged as both as forbidden from battle and tagged as an entourage member the character will no longer appear in the main list of actors and instead appear in a side menu .. where you can see their mp bar, stats and skills and talk to them. The characters earn xp if out of combat xp is enabled and can grow their stats and mp bar over time with the party. The idea is to give them an arsenal of useful abilities such as buffs/heals and abilities to cure certain states that cant otherwise be cured in combat .. etc. There's a lot of different possibilities. These actors can also be given an expanded repertoire of passive skills through their note tags. Which include.

Bonus XP every fight, Gold/Time (example 100 gold every minute), MP or HP regen on steps. Acquire item/time (example 1 potion/10 mins)

The entourage status screen includes a somewhat large area for profile text allowing you to write some flavor text and be specific about a familiar's passives in a format of your choosing. Talking to a character uses an actor note tag to call a common event.

I am using the plugin in my game and have done some pretty major testing. I've confirmed everything's working as intended provided you have the needed dependencies. I don't really have the time to make a demo. But if someone else does feel free to post it!

- Yanfly Core

- Yanfly Main Menu Manager

- Yanfly Message core

- DreamX Follower and Battle Member Options.

Terms of Use : Credit Fogomax in your work. That is all. Free for Commercial/Non-Commercial use.

View attachment FogoMax_SVBattlerPositionsExtended.js

View attachment FogoMax_Entourage.js

Last edited by a moderator:

beenbaba

Slowly getting there
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Very generous of you!

The non combat actor system sounds like an interesting idea

Probotector 200X

Probotect and Serve
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Larger battler parties is a great idea, now I wonder if it works with some kind of "row" plug-in.

The Non-Combat Actor system sounds great, I can't wait to try that out.

Thanks for sharing these!

RHachicho

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Entourage plugin released! .. check first post for details.

RHachicho

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Larger battler parties is a great idea, now I wonder if it works with some kind of "row" plug-in.

The Non-Combat Actor system sounds great, I can't wait to try that out.

Thanks for sharing these!

No problem! I'm not sure the plugin would work well with a row system. I know Yanfly does a plugin that does that. But the main reason I commissioned that plugin was because I am running at high res. And at that res the sprites looked like mini meeples. So therefore had to be scaled up and with the default positioning they got all smushed together. I think it might possibly work if you get the load order right. 

Personally I found six party battlers to be ideal because nothing get on my nerves more than not being able to take the characters that I want into battle. I'm always screaming at a game WHY!!!? they are right there! Why can't they help? Is it some obscure code of honor in this world that heroes can only fight in groups of four XD?

I went for six battle party because I only intend to have six main characters. And therefore when they are in the party they will always be able to participate. I know some people might say it adds to the mechanical complexity to choose roles before a fight. But I think that being able to tailor a boss's mechanics around ALL characters being present also gives players the same level of challenge. I don't have to think .. hmm .. I wonder if they have that defensive buff. Or I wonder if they brought a reflect spell? When balancing bosses. I can throw stuff at them safe in the knowledge that if they die to something that someone in the party could have prevented it was their own damn fault XD. Not because I designed the boss around a formation they didn't bring.

RHachicho

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Two new plugins I would like to share. The first is for an artistic status screen. Inspired by the new defunct Luminous status screen that has not been updated in well .. forever. It is designed more around presenting a pleasing Aesthetic than conveying hard stats. I have included a screen shot from my game using the plugin. The Art assets you see there are from my game and are not public domain. This plugin is NOT an edit of the Luminous status screen and improves upon it's core functionality in a number of ways. Allowing you to re-position and resize many elements of the screen. As well as adjust Art anchors according to your needs. The section with equipment also supports up to six equipment slots rather than just 4. And support for higher resolutions and larger fonts has been added.

The art in this screenshot is all for my game and is not available for use in other games. Period. Please do not ask for this.

All images for the screen need to be placed in the games img/status_screen folder.

Actor images are named ActorXBust.png Where X is the ID of the actor.

Other images can be renamed in the plugin parameters as you please.

3DlEAn.jpg

The second new plugin is to neaten up those maps that for whatever reason .. are smaller than your screen. This problem is especially evident in high resolution projects. It works by drawing a background image in place of the "black space" behind the map. And also draws a border of tiles around the map in order not to have it clash too roughly with the background. My plan is to have a engraved wood background with some nice runic engravings as a border. 

This plugin requires 2 images in the img/system folder. One that is the size of your screen resolution. Which comprises the background. And one in a 9x9 tile format. That I will showcase at the end of the post. But .. here is a demonstration of what it does. Borrowing the background from the last image just for demonstration purposes. As the art for this section is not complete yet.

4kUWRz.jpg

KQ8A1H.png
     < - This is the "Tileset" Image used to create the effect above. It uses standard 48x48 tiles. ;)

And finally attached to this post should be the plugins XD Hope someone finds these useful. Once again thanks to FogoMax for his amazing work! And if you ever need some scripting send him a PM. He does great work and is very helpful and quick. And makes sure that the plugin is working flawlessly before moving on. I have had zero headaches getting the plugins I need because of this guy .. or gal. Not sure actually =)

TERMS OF USE : Free to use in any game commercial & Non commercial (The plugins NOT the artistic assets.) As long as you credit FogoMax

View attachment FogoMax_AltStatusScreen.js

View attachment FogoMax_MapBorders.js

Last edited by a moderator:

ashikai

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Oooo I looooove the status screen plugin! Thanks for sharing! :D

SoSick.

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Any bust menu plugins which allow to change busts in game due to class changes with script calls ? Can't find one anywhere :(

RHachicho

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hey guys been a while but I've commissioned some more plugins .. Which I am now sharing :)  

The first is an overlay plugin .. Documentation is included .. But it runs on the following layer structure ..

Under layer (Between Parralax background and tiles)

Shadow Layer (Between Tiles and Events)

Brush Layer (Above Events)

Fog Layer (Above Brush)

Light Layer (Above all)

The brush layer can be configured to be screenbound (moving with the player) or mapbound (locked to the map) depending on your preference. All layers can have their scrolling speed and direction set. I have included a screenshot of the overlay plugin in action. I wanted to make a slightly more robust, less buggy alternative to the current overlay plugins. Which didn't really suit my needs as I am running in high res. This overlay plugin is not resolution sensitive. Or buggy.

Note : I am also re uploading some earlier screenshots that I accidentally deleted of imageshack. So some screenshots In this post pertain to old plugins. 

The second new plugin is an enhanced damage popup plugin. It makes damage popups fly away from the character in alternating directions in a similar fashion to MMO combat text. It uses pictures for the damage numbers so you can make the damage popups whatever size you will. Separate pictures are used for normal damage, Healing and Critical Damage .. The plugin can set the offset so that larger damage numbers move further from the character for visibility sake. And includes text alerts for when buffs/debuffs and states are applied. (The chrono sprites in the demo do NOT have anything to do with the plugin itself)

I have also included basic damage numbers for use with the damage popup plugin. 

Once more these plugins are only commissioned and released by me with the permission of the author .. Fogomax. Who's professionalism and skill has never left me wanting for a plugin I needed :)

Overlayshot.jpg

09usuNr.gif

2.jpg

1.jpg

View attachment FogoMax_MapOverlay.js

View attachment FogoMax_EnhacedDamagePopups.js

Critical.png

Damage.png

Heal.png

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

5 months and no progression at all, i love me.
1.6 update incoming with quality breakthrough! :kaoluv:

1643254634071.png
I might try the mechanical bull at the fair on Friday... for one of the challenges, if you stay on for two minutes, you win $200. I might give that a try and see if I win--I'm pretty good at holding on to things.
Remaking a more streamlined version of my Remote Move map skill in MZ, just one switch and one variable to handle everything. If you seen the Move skill in Golden Sun before, moving far away items with your mind is pretty cool

MZtestRemoteMove.gif
I don't want to brag or anything but I was entertaining a woman the other night. I told her jokes while she bandaged my foot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firm_Tofu