Benny Jackdaw

Ratty!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Honestly, I'm just done. I'm done with all of your BS. I'm done being told I just have to get over it and brainwash myself into just accepting human narcissism in media.

NO!

My opinions are NOT going to change no matter how much people insist that I change them. Modern media is always going to come off as narcissistic as long as it contains selfish morals, double standards and insists on shoe-horning in humanization where it doesn't belong. Witcher 3 is made worse for me not just because of the immense ammount of wasted potential and the insistance on humanization despite being a MISANTHROPIC GAME, but the hundreds of people DEFENDING humanization in this and other games. I even heard someone say "it's an artistic choice."

NO!

In my experience, it has NEVER been an artistic choice. It is almost ALWAYS used to pander or through the delusion that it makes the characters more "relatable." And speaking of which, you guys CONSTANTLY get at me for "only caring about looks," when that isn't the case. In fact, I find it ironic that you criticize me for that, yet stand by the idea that characters just have to LOOK human because that makes them more relatable

you

bleeping

HYPOCRITES!!!

The entire foundation of the very BLEEPING THING you guys defend is LOOKS! I hate it when "non-human characters" look like humans not because of what I want them to look like, but because it's shallow AF, and comes off as narcissistic. It implies that creatures are only allowed to be "good" if they LOOK like "ree-lay-tuh-bul hoomans." And considering the BS you guys spew from your fingers about how "oh, we're SOOO intelligent, and we're the only creatures who are this smart in our own little bubble, so it MUST be this way in a FANTASY universe" tells me you actually buy into that crap. Just because humans are "smarter" than other creatures doesn't mean animals are incapable of things like fear, sadness, joy, etc.

And they are absolutely capable of more than just "Humans Bad! Kill Humans!" But, no! Apparently, that is how you guys think stories SHOULD be written. Only creatures that LOOK like humans can be good and everything else (with the exception of cats, dogs and horses) can ONLY be portrayed as human-killing monstrosities, even in a game that's SUPPOSED to be pro-environment or misanthropic! Even if I'm SUPPOSED to care about these creatures, media simply refuses to portray animals or nature in any other way, and it disgust me so often not just to see this, but to see people DEFEND this kind of writing with logic that PROVES MY BLEEPING POINT ON HUMANITY THESE DAYS!!!

And, no, don't give me that "it's fictional" crap. Jaws was fictional, and THAT influenced shark killing. When a message is hammered in your head, such as "nature is inherantly evil and antagonistic," people start to believe it, and when the only media that says otherwise is rejected as "propaganda" and stuff, then a message like that just festers into a pandemic concept.

And, oh yeah, "it's fictional! I can somehow buy a creature that is somehow completely unrelated to humans, yet looks EXACTLY like a human but with animal ears/horns and a tail, but I can't buy an anthropomorphic animal as anything other than an inherantly savage race of killers." Just no! Also, "kemonomimis are totally different from humans, as are elves, but anthros are just humans with animal heads." The double standards are infuriating!

Oh, and to whoever said they hated furries because of TWO bad people and myself, let me just end by saying this: Most furries are not like either of us. Some of the nicest people I know are furries, and they're nothing like them or me. So if THAT is your problem, hate the two who assaulted you. Hate me, because I honestly hate you too. But do NOT be bigotted towards furries as a whole. By your logic, I should hate non-furries because most non-furries I've met have been awful, but I'm STILL nnot bigotted towards non-furries. So, again, don't judge thousands upon thousands of people by three individuals.

I'm done, okay? I'm just done wiith this place. Good bye, and bleep off.

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I feel like you're trying to say something, but it's just way too vague to know. Are you mildly annoyed at something, perhaps? It seems like there are clues there, but I just can't put them together...

ScorchedGround

Blizzards most disappointed fan (More than ever)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Honestly, I'm just done. I'm done with all of your BS. I'm done being told I just have to get over it and brainwash myself into just accepting human narcissism in media.

You don't need to brainwash yourself into believing anything. And no one told you to do so.
It's totally fine for you to believe whatever floats your boat.

But please don't brainwash *us* into becoming human-loathing furries.

You presented your opinions on this public forum, and it turned out most people disagree. It's fairly clear that you have trouble dealing with criticism or opposition as we've seen on multiple occasions now. You probably have good intentions, but you act very hostile towards anyone not accepting your views or dare say argue against them.

I do wish you the best in your future endeavours however.

123edc

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
tl:dr ... seriously, we don't need rant in this forums,

just think, whatever you want - as long as it doesn't hurt anybody else
and don't expect others, to think, like you want them to

RCXGaming

Champion of Brightmoon Tor
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Clearly there was no attempt to foster good will at any point during your stay here and this was just the natural outcome of refusing any viewpoint other than your own.

Also a moderate sprinkling of serial killer level delusion and projecting because only a narcissist would act like this and NOT think they're the close-minded one.

Last edited:

Mystic_Enigma

A scattered memory, hoping to be recalled...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'd give my two cents on this whole ordeal, but fearing that it will fall on deaf ears yet again, i'm just going to keep my mouth shut and wish you the best...

Maliki79

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Oh no...

I have no mucks to give...
But worry not! I am growing a brand new muck in that special place under the sink.
As soon as it's old enough, I'll have one to give.

Until then, toodles!

Poryg

Dark Lord of the Castle of Javascreeps
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
While I've found myself in multiple disagreements with people here, I've got to say that for once I agree with them. I haven't interacted with you a lot, but when I did, you've struck me as egocentric without having something that would justify it.

TheAM-Dol

Randomly Generated User Name
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What a world we live in where our biggest frustration in life is that animals haven't been portrayed to our standards yet. The fear of our next days meal and the survival through winter gone, nor is the fear of having employment to place food on our tables and the roof over our head, nor is the fear that we can support a life filled with hours of entertainment to pass the boring hours. Our quality of life in this world has reached a point that our next biggest fear is that we have not adequately represented animals in media.

My dude; if you dream it, then just make it. Wasting time with these posts waste our time and yours because you already stated you won't change your opinion, so all we can do is laugh...at you, by the way, because you haven't opened up a discussion, all you did was show your insecurity by not letting go of an argument from a thread that was posted like...a week ago at this point.

I found life much easier to navigate by asking whether it's worth being angry about a thing or not. Usually the answer is no, and usually that means one less bit of stress on my mind. Carefree are the waves.

Take it easy my man, hope you can grow up - you give a bad rap to the furries, but mostly just yourself.

sewerghoul

definitely sitting
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
i dont understand ur argument being that there r 2 many human/human-like characters-
arent furries just personfied/humanified animals?

if ur suggesting that there should just b stories about actual animals having feelings- i would agree with u bc i think a story centered on the belief that animals r capable of feeling pain & emotions is a nice 1-
but by ur beliefs it would b an injustice 2 have them speak (especially in any consciously-aware way), or 2 have them walk upright, or behave like a human in any manner unless explicitly mimicking them (which would already limit the amount of animals w/ this capability (like parrots, elephants, apes, etc))

& anyways isnt ur profile picture 2 humanized bc the rat is smiling? (with rats being incapable of smiling- seems kinda hypocritical in of itself)
idk its something 2 consider when ur so vehemently against something

Ratatattat

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Obviously I missed something, but the drama saturating your every word here has naturally piqued my curiosity :LZSwink:

Unfortunately, the semblances of good points in this post are overwhelmed by the sheer aggression (and dare I say immaturity) with which the whole thing is conveyed. As someone with absolutely no clue what has transpired (or what the issue is even about) other than what you've vaguely alluded to, I will say that, whatever it is, this is not the way to handle it. If you're a young adolescent, I could cut some slack and chalk this up to a learning experience. But if you're an older teen or adult and acting like this, then... heaven help us all. Lol.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

no longer using rm2k3
Don't you hate when you're trying to sleep and suddenly the smoke detector needs batteries? That's exactly what happened to me. Now I'm sluggish and tired after that darn thing started chirping at 11:30 at night. Man I wish I had one of those smart smoke detectors that sends a message to your phone way before it starts chirping.
Interior of a bus, may do more vehicle interiors :kaoswt2:
1670089782219.png
I can hardly believe it is the third day of Christmas and I have yet to put up decorations! Spending my morning cooking breakfast and getting them up.
https://itch.io/s/83641/1-week-sale Do you want a Roguelike game like a turn-based Hades? Get Zodiac Hunters now while it's on sale!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drenquire