I Am Returning From The Stone Age

Discussion in 'Introductions/Farewells' started by invexus, Sep 11, 2019.

1. invexus

invexus Sleeper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hello everyone,

So I've been in this group for years now, and I've never properly introduced myself or had any conversations with someone outside of a few questions in specific threads. I have always been very fond of creating my own artwork, music, and other resources and doing as much as I can within RPG maker without the use of additional scripts/plugins, so I always appreciate seeing the threads with original artwork and creations that convey and enhance your own ideas. Through the years I've lurked in and out of what games and resources might still flow through this forum, and I can say that I've always seemed to find something that thoroughly impressed me. From the artwork, music, and game making talent to the friendly community and helpful attitudes in support of others' invested efforts, it's been nice to see this community stick it through. While I haven't had the most input or part in this forum growing, it's always served as a safe space to see what cool ideas or tips some of these threads have to offer as I sip my morning cup of coffee and begin working on whatever ideas I'm trying to get out of my head and into a game.

During my absence from this forum, I have found it extremely hard to keep up with all aspects of making a game and I'm realizing as I approach 25 this year, that I do not want to sit on top of my ideas and keep them all to myself anymore. While I do not necessarily have the time at this very moment to dedicate to working with a team of creators, it is something that I am interested in and would like to look forward to. For now, I will still be taking time to sit back and continue getting my ideas onto paper while I play around more with RPGMAKER MV and it's limits, but I would like to make it known that I am working on being better about sharing my ideas and creations in this community for feedback of improvement, and growing to be more active as well. I welcome any comments, tips, or general discussions about interests and other etc. as we learn and create! If anyone would like to discuss matters of collaboration or even just exchanging ideas for personal improvement please feel free to message me as well!

ChooChooooo

-David

Finnuval likes this.
  2. Finnuval

Finnuval World (his)story builder and barrel of ideas Veteran

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Well we all lurk at first, some longer then others ;)
    Glad to see you coming out of the shadows and step into the light :)
    II have found that talking to others on this forum is one of the most precious resources a dev can find and more help then one would think, so I'm happy for you to finally approach that step in the process.

Anyway, welcome and have fun in a more active way then before :D

invexus likes this.
  3. k_mckenzie

k_mckenzie Fey.Earth Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    It's nice to meet you, David!

I agree that custom resources are inspirational. I love how RPG Maker enables artists to practice different skills in a single project. It's perfect for storytellers who draw, compose music, write dialogue...it really pushes creative potential!

4. Zanckst

Zanckst Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Malay
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi, David. From the way you worded your thread, I gladly conclude that you are actually a selflessly communitive person, just that you haven't found the right timing exactly as to when to carry out the virtue. Thanks for introducing yourself to us, please don't give up on your game making passion.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2019