I bought RPG Maker VX Ace... honest!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vic 2.0

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
N/A
So it's been a really long time since I've used the program, but I own it and I'm trying to figure out how to get it on my new computer now. Only way I know for sure it's VX Ace and not one of the other products is by looking at my posting history on this site. What can I do to get my copy of this program installed on my new PC without having to buy it again? Thanks in advance for any help!

Shaden

Programmer in JS/Batch/Python/PS/...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So it's been a really long time since I've used the program, but I own it and I'm trying to figure out how to get it on my new computer now. Only way I know for sure it's VX Ace and not one of the other products is by looking at my posting history on this site. What can I do to get my copy of this program installed on my new PC without having to buy it again? Thanks in advance for any help!
It depends where you purchased it. If you bought it directly (not on Steam), then you should have received an activation/license key in your mails. Try to search in your mails something related to the shop (I think it's Degica) or related to VX Ace/a purchase.

Your old computer should also have this license key stored in its registry, that you can access with regedit (if it's a Windows).

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
as said above, it depends on where and when you purchased the program.
if purchased on steam, then it should be in your steam library without anything to do, so I assume it wasn't over steam.

if purchased the standalone, then you should still have the email from the purchase - in this case your activation key is the order number
if you don't have the purchase email anymore you may be able to get it back through contacting sale support with your purchase details (email adress and name etc). just fill the sn with zeroes

if you don't know the purchase details anymore or if your purchase is so old that Degica was already required to delete your purchase details due to legal requirement, then you might have no choice but to purchase it again - in which case I suggest checking for steam deals as those go down to less than 5$ for Ace a few times a year.

Arthran

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
As other people mentioned, if you bought it from Degica within the past year and half-ish, you would have gotten a download link and product key emailed to you. The sender would be "DegicaShop" and the subject would be "Your download is ready". Dunno why, but they don't have the option for you to create and account that tracks your purchases and such, like pretty much any other online shop that was created within the past two decades, so the burden of keeping track of that information falls solely on you.

But if you made your purchase before 08/20/2020, then I have good news for you. Their web store must have been slightly more modern a while back, because their FAQ has this in it:

Q. I placed an order on RPGMakerWeb before 20th August 2020, how can I access my downloads and license keys?

A. You can access your old account on the following URL: https://old.rpgmakerweb.com/c/login

So I guess they *used* to have a login system and accounts that tracked your purchases.

Vic 2.0

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
N/A
Guys, sales support rocks. I contacted them and they already sent me the product key. Problem solved! Thanks to everyone for pitching in to help here as well!

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Hang on, let me get my glasses...
giphy.gif
Bust Status 1!
Animated lipsynch as well as lineart. Just lineart so far...
Ramona Expression 1-2 L.gifRamona Expression 1-1 L.gifRamona Bust 1C.png
2 FPS 5 FPS Static
SF_People3_7 added!
index.php

Anyone want dynamically soft shadow? :kaohi:
1643106068630.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mydaboom