RMMV i cant attack a specific # of targets in a specified row(s). Yanfly formation and Target core plugins

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
2nd, i tried your edit Turan on Zevia's coding and it also didnt seem to work. when i casted on a target it just straight up hit only 1 target even though i specified 4 targets.
Huh, really? I would've expected it to either work or throw you some errors...I don't see why it would let you select targets but change how they're hit. It didn't change you being able to select the same target multiple times?

You must not have followed my instructions correctly. I just tested it and it doesn't fix your problem, but it also doesn't break anything.

Edit: I got it! Remove my prior stuff, so you're starting with a fresh version of Zevia's plugin. Go to line 190, which says Scene_Battle.prototype.onEnemyOk = function() {

On the next line, add:
var action = BattleManager.inputtingAction(); for (var i = 0; i < action._multipleTargets.length; i++) { if ($gameTroop.members()[this._enemyWindow.enemyIndex()]===action._multipleTargets[i]) { this._enemyWindow.activate(); return; } }

Then, go down a few lines to 204, which says Scene_Battle.prototype.onActorOk = function() {

On the next line, add:
var action = BattleManager.inputtingAction(); for (var i = 0; i < action._multipleTargets.length; i++) { if ($gameparty.battleMembers()[this._actorWindow.index()]===action._multipleTargets[i]) { this._actorWindow.activate(); return; } }

I tested it in a blank project, and it works for me. I did not try it with any of the Yanfly plugins added.

Last edited:

boulops1

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ATT_Turan

holly smokes you got it to work?! so it can target multiple targets but not the same one more than once??? is that correct?

it did work when i tried before - as in it didnt crash - but it still didnt let me choose multiple individual targets.

thanks

ATT_Turan

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
holly smokes you got it to work?! so it can target multiple targets but not the same one more than once??? is that correct?
That's what I said :p
it did work when i tried before - as in it didnt crash - but it still didnt let me choose multiple individual targets.
Odd, it should have, but that doesn't really matter now. Modify your plugin as I instructed above, and have glorious fun. Heck, I might find a way to use this for my project, now ;)

boulops1

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ATT_Turan

frick i must be doing something wrong..

are you able to send the file or something. when i made the changes it still only hit 1 target. im editing it in notepad and saving it as a different name for the plugin so i still have the original (turned off) incase i mess it up, i dont know if that makes a difference.

this is also the note tag im using

1614330197218.png

ATT_Turan

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My changes did not affect anything about how the skill executes - when you use the vanilla version of the multiple target plugin, does it affect all of the targets you select? If yes, this shouldn't change that. If no, there's a bigger problem with it conflicting with another plugin you're using.

The only thing my changes do is prevent you from selecting a target who already has an indicator over their head.

I'm leery about sending the file because I haven't looked at the author's terms of use and distribution of edits.

boulops1

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ATT_Turan
does it affect all of the targets you select?
yes - the only problem the vanilla version has is it lets me select the same target as many times as I define.

after trying to replicate what you did it doesn't even let me select multiple targets anymore, thats why i think i messed something up.

I've read over their terms and as long as the user is still giving credit and referencing them in their commercial or non commercial product that it is fine which i am doing.

ATT_Turan

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Try again...use a proper editor like Notepad++ so you can reference the line numbers and make sure you're pasting it in the right place.

boulops1

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ATT_Turan
Zevia's MultiSelectTarget
okay. i tried notepad++, i tried a completely blank file, and it still isnt working.

i must be doing something wrong with me following your code. this is what im doing

1. finding the end of line 190, pressing enter then pasting

var action = BattleManager.inputtingAction(); for (var i = 0; i < action._multipleTargets.length; i++) { if ($gameTroop.members()[this._enemyWindow.enemyIndex()]===action._multipleTargets) { this._enemyWindow.activate(); return; } }

2. after that finding line 204, selecting the last line of that code, enter, and pasting

var action = BattleManager.inputtingAction(); for (var i = 0; i < action._multipleTargets.length; i++) { if ($gameparty.battleMembers()[this._actorWindow.index()]===action._multipleTargets) { this._actorWindow.activate(); return; } }

for some reason im not getting the same results haha. frick!

update: holly smokes i got it. you have to hit tab again after the last line of code you paste.. so fickle haha. YAHOOOOO!!! it works man with the plugins too! your a fricken genius!!!

Last edited:

ATT_Turan

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
update: holly smokes i got it. you have to hit tab again after the last line of code you paste.. so fickle haha. YAHOOOOO!!! it works man with the plugins too! your a fricken genius!!!
You don't...code doesn't care about spacing except in very specific places, that mess that you pasted in your last message works identically to the nicely formatted snippet I pasted before ;) And in the places where it cares, it cares about a space, never line returns or tab indents.

But I'm very glad it works for you now! Good luck with your game.

boulops1

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ATT_Turan
yeah I know what you mean, I wouldn't of thought it would of made a difference either but all i did was press enter one more time at the end of each of the 2 lines you told me to add and it did it.. I've realized in the pursuit of building this game you have to be extremely resourceful and analytical when it comes to figuring out how to solving problems haha.

I'd love to give you free beta access once the game reaches that stage. really appreciate the help you've given. can be so hard to find answer to questions. I've been stuck on this problem for probably 2 months XD

also, do you know how to delete some of these threads? i want to leave this one but other ones i made are variations of this question and i dont need them anymore.

oooNUKEooo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
br portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
leave the threads... someone may come looking for similar features and find workarounds and solutions.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Light up explosions with QABS and Community Lighting.
qcPQHt9.gif
Doing RPG Maker News #18 | Moghunter is Back, Encrypt MV/MZ Plugins, Isometric Geometric Tiles
Unironically, no joke, after consideration and self-reflection, I have decided that the best thing for my creative/workflow/commitment problems is to spend EVEN MOAR hours a day playing videogames than I normally do. (Micro-thread)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FluffyAmerterasu