Not open for further replies.

Pokeblue

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Hello, I've looked everywhere for an answer as to why I can't seem to deal any damage via default attack.
I am using RPG Maker XP 1.02a. And yes, I have tried the "skill 1 is the basic attack" trick.
Here are some screenshots:actors.PNGenemies.PNGSkills.png

I don't know, there might be something terribly wrong that I'm not noticing. I'm new to this program.

KK20

Just some XP Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Do you not have a weapon equipped? If your Attack stat is 0, your basic attack won't do anything.
Code:
      # Calculate basic damage
      atk = [attacker.atk - self.pdef / 2, 0].max
      self.damage = atk * (20 + attacker.str) / 20

Pokeblue

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Oh, that must be it. I'm a dumb**s. I thought I would be able to deal a basic amount of damage with no weapon, my logic pointing to punching stuff, but thank you, this fixed my issue.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

So the Fire alarm went off 3 times in less then a half hour on my building. But my cat is so use to it going off he doesn't even run behind the couch anymore. He is just like, "This again?"
It has been brought to my attention that the name of my main robot protagonist in bio-Synthetica (R3-M1) is a Star Wars character LOL Woops. Always Google search names. The new name of my robot is now K0-R1. :kaophew:
I'm considering making my own battlers from scratch, it seems like a daunting task, but I like the look of it so much...A_Miriam3.png
I picked up running again after a long time and managed to get from 2.25km to 7km in two weeks :3 Time to get rid of those covid kilos!
Have you ever wondered what the lives of the NPC's are like in your hero's story? Come an find out with us as we play, "A Story Beside" by Wayward Prophet :LZSexcite:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryuinw123