I can't execute RPG Maker MV on M1 Mac with Parallels

macos

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I tried to excute RMMV with Parallels, Windows 11. When executed, the program is terminated without moving on to the next screen in the Loading page like this screenshot. I tried with Windows 10 and "Run as administrator" also, but the program closes with the same symptoms. Please someone help me!3CABFB3A-5869-4F63-82AE-8B7E76728729.jpeg

caethyril

^_^
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Do you mean a Parallel event? If so, can you share screenshot(s) showing what that event is doing?

ramza

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Do you mean a Parallel event? If so, can you share screenshot(s) showing what that event is doing?
No, he means Parallels, an application of sorts that virtualizes a windows environment on a mac computer.

Your M1 Mac is using an arm based CPU, and RPGMaker is designed to run only on x86 architecture. While they've done an alright job of translating between the two for most apps, it's not perfect, and even software with large user bases still don't run correctly on M1 macs.

Unfortunately, it is unlikely this will ever work for you. MV will not receive any updates, so it's unlikely there will be a compatibility patch, and the user base on mac is probably so small that apple would not take notice and fix whatever compatibility issue is causing the crash on parallels for this specific app.

macos

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
No, he means Parallels, an application of sorts that virtualizes a windows environment on a mac computer.

Your M1 Mac is using an arm based CPU, and RPGMaker is designed to run only on x86 architecture. While they've done an alright job of translating between the two for most apps, it's not perfect, and even software with large user bases still don't run correctly on M1 macs.

Unfortunately, it is unlikely this will ever work for you. MV will not receive any updates, so it's unlikely there will be a compatibility patch, and the user base on mac is probably so small that apple would not take notice and fix whatever compatibility issue is causing the crash on parallels for this specific app.
I need to modify an rpg project made with MV, is there a version of another rpg maker that I can use instead? Please let me know.

ramza

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Technically the project could be opened in MZ, if you had that, but I am unsure if MZ works on an M1 mac at all either, and even if it did, depending on what you need to modify, the editor might change something in the project and it might not work right anyway.

Depending on what you need, most things in the editor can be changed manually by editing the files with a text editor. If you need to change the animation of a skill, for example, the skills.json file includes all of the skills in a csv value that you can change without using an editor, and as long as you save it as the right format, and don't mess up the formatting of the file, it should work.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Couldn't sleep at all so I started working on the topmost deck. I've had to make several deviations from the Imperator/Berengaria's deck-plans to accommodate MV's movement, but 100% accuracy was never my intention.
Still no name for the poor ship...:kaodes:
Screenshot-2022-06-25-053308.png
ScreenShot_6_24_2022_9_20_7.png
Here's Mike when you get a preemptive strike in battle. There's another one for when an enemy sneaks up on you too.
Suddenly, games mean nothing. The money spent was worth it to bring souls towards the light of life. May God bless my path forever. I pray that all are shaken for truth and poured out flat on the table of true understanding, knowledge, and wisdom. Bless you.
Finally I bought OMORI...cant wait to get traumatised!!!
Finished making this pretty ambitious forest map. Was wondering what y'all think of it! :kaopride:
1656136876015.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akuakudac