Not open for further replies.

DarkCreator

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
So I have an event that is set in multiple places I want to make that if interacted with one of these events the others can't be interacted with anymore how can I do that?

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Create a second page on each event and have all of them activated by the same switch, then turn that switch on in the first page.

DarkCreator

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Can you elaborate more because I tried what you said and it didn’t work

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Okay, you'll basically be creating one of these and then copy/pasting it wherever you need the other ones:

Page 1: no activation condition, action key. Does whatever the interaction is, and then turns switch X on.

Page 2: activation condition is switch X. Same graphic as page 1, but no event commands.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Please use meaningful thread titles that tell us what it is you need help with.

If you create one event as above, you can then just copy and paste it without changing anything. Interacting with one of the events will turn on the switch, which will then trigger all other events to activate page 2, which does nothing.

If you still can't get it to work, show screenshots of both pages of the event so we can see where you're going wrong.

DarkCreator

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Please use meaningful thread titles that tell us what it is you need help with.

If you create one event as above, you can then just copy and paste it without changing anything. Interacting with one of the events will turn on the switch, which will then trigger all other events to activate page 2, which does nothing.

If you still can't get it to work, show screenshots of both pages of the event so we can see where you're going wrong.
I am trying to make an event where interacting with one of the four sided cage when interacted with the cage a wild Pokémon appears but you only interacted with one of the sides hence then you can interact with it three more times how can I make if interacted with one these sides that the other ones the wild Pokémon won’t appear(hope this made sense)

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I am trying to make an event where interacting with one of the four sided cage when interacted with the cage a wild Pokémon appears but you only interacted with one of the sides hence then you can interact with it three more times how can I make if interacted with one these sides that the other ones the wild Pokémon won’t appear(hope this made sense)
I literally told you twice how to do this. I'm not sure how I can explain it any more simply than I already have without buying a copy of XP, making the event myself and posting screenshots.

DarkCreator

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Sorry I am new to RPG xp tbh I didn’t understand what you said

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Right.

When you create a new event, you're looking at what's called an event page. This is composed of a set of activation conditions, some options for autonomous movement, flags for stepping animations, fixed direction etc. and a larger part on the right hand side which is where your event commands go.

The engine will run the highest-numbered event page on the event for which the conditions are met. One of those conditions is "switch" which will cause that page to only run if the specified switch is turned on.

A switch is an on/off value you can use to control a binary state; think of a light switch. It's either in one position, where the lights are off, or another, in which the lights are on. There is no other state for a standard light switch to have. Game switches are the same.

So what you want to do is add event commands to your event's page 1 for the pokemon appearing and the encounter happening, and then afterwards you turn on switch X, where X is any available switch ID. It doesn't matter which one you use as long as you're not using it anywhere else, and it helps to give it a descriptive name for its function, so you could call it "PokemonEncounter" or something similar.

Then you click "New Page" which creates event page 2. All you need to do there is check the checkbox under conditions for "switch" and in the input to the right select the same switch ID as the one you turned on in page 1. Leave the event commands blank; make sure it has the same graphic as page 1 if it does have a graphic on it.

This will result in the event no longer doing anything after you interact with it. Then copy/paste that event for each of the other 3 sides; because it uses the same switch as its condition for no longer being interactable, interacting with any one side will cause all four to no longer respond afterwards.

DarkCreator

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
What did I do wrong?

Attachments

• 418EEB78-3E5D-46B9-8E18-1C01DAF90A5C.jpeg
    418EEB78-3E5D-46B9-8E18-1C01DAF90A5C.jpeg
    339.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 8E9F0704-0AF6-47AA-90E2-09537CB75E7F.jpeg
    8E9F0704-0AF6-47AA-90E2-09537CB75E7F.jpeg
    324.9 KB · Views: 3

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
On page 1, do NOT check the "switch" condition. Page 1 should have no conditions checked at all. The only page that should have a checkbox is 2.

After your script command on the right hand side, put a "control switches" command and set switch 35 to ON.

DarkCreator

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
it worked finally lol
Thank you

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
it worked finally lol
Thank you
That does tend to happen when people follow the instructions I gave them rather than what they thought I said. ;)

Just playing, glad you got it sorted.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Celebrating the arrival of autumn in the Northern Hemisphere :)
When doing a map or whatever, kind of wish you could round out some parts.
Glad to announce:
Released a plugin mod for MV: SelectMultipleTargets v3.0 (mod of original by Zevia)

port to MZ is following

1,Randomly generate events with planted spawner events(great flexibility for customization and auto-match player's level)
2,Randomly enter roguelike dungeon
3,Player can exit dungeon or back to town or choose to challenge BOSS at the end of each dungeon
4,Dungeon maps can be randomly generated by a third-party tool

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skarndever