Graverobber

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi. I'm trying to use the Cyclone plugin so that my game has achievements on Steam. I followed this step by step:

I'm sure I didn't make a mistake to match things:

p1.jpgp2.jpgp3.jpg

Then the game folders and the lib folder:

p4.jpgp5.jpg

But I keep getting the same error messages, having tried to redo everything.

p6.jpg

By the way, there's just one thing in the tutorial that I didn't understand very well.

"If things didn't work:
Make sure you have your own game on your steam library. The connection will not work if you don't."

What is this about have your own game in the Steam library? This I really didn't understand.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It would help if you provided a translation for the error message. I can see the top part, saying that you don't have all of the files, but if the next line says something different, I'm not going to read each word and re-type it so I can copy it to another window with a translator :wink:

As far as the Steam library bit, that's just...what it says. You need to own your own game, have it in your Steam library. Which part don't you understand?

One other thing I'll point out is that things can go wrong with RPG Maker projects if you have spaces in the filepath, and several of your folders do. It's not guaranteed to cause a problem, I've never experienced it, but I've seen a number of other people whose problems were solved by changing to network-legal filenames.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
One problem of the error message is that you stored the project in a folderpath that is not following networking rules. And that can and will cause "failed to load" errors.
Please remove all spaces from your game's folderpath, like the spaces in "Dead Jack" or "First RPGEver".

Second - The steam library is what you see when you open the steam client and click on library - the list of all steam games you own and have purchased from steam.
So it basically means your game has to be on steam for the plugin to work correctly, you can't have the achievments active without having the game on steam itself - which is only logical.

Graverobber

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Right. I tried to make the folderpath as simple as possible, and I got the same errors.

p1.jpg

About the message that aren't in english, it says:
"The specified procedure could not be found."

And about having the game in the library, sorry. I got it wrong. I believed that it was only possible to test the plugin and find out if the achievements would be obtained at the right time, without necessarily sending a version of the game to Steam. I already paid the fee, I already have access to Steamworks, etc. But still no page in store and that sort of thing.

SeaPhoenix

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't recall exactly, but you may not need a store page to test the game in Steam. I personally uploaded the game before testing the achievements (and be sure to set them up in Steamworks) and the game should automatically be in your developer account when you log in to Steam.

It's probable you've already seen these, but I highly recommend checking out the following (especially reading through the entire thread in the first link to see what problems people had):
https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/steam-greenworks-plugin-for-mz.130019/
https://makerdevs.com/plugin/cyclone-steam

Hudell provides some useful hints as to what the error messages might mean in the second link.

Also, the first time I did it, it didn't work for me, then I realized the RMMZ had updated the version of NWJS in one of the updates so that affects which Greenworks version you download. If you already knew that, great! But if you didn't, you may have to check through the MZ update changelogs in this forum to see which version of NWJS is currently being used.

When I did it a few months back, I worked backwards from the latest updates and at that time the 1.21 update was using NWJS v0.48.4 but you should see if there was a more recent update or not.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
But still no page in store and that sort of thing.
I know you can have a game in your library without a public store page - that is how many betatests are done.
But I can't help you any further here because I never used that plugin, I just could comment on the visible error messages of your screenshot.

Graverobber

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Yes, thanks, but I've read the page and thread from beginning to end. Fortunately in the thread some people manage to fix the errors, but unfortunately they don't specify how. However, the overview I got from reading (and sorry if I'm talking nonsense) is that it's all based on the NWJS version of the RPGM, the Steam SDK version and the Greenworks version. The three things have to talk to each other.

I've also read about the error messages, the page says the following about mine:

p2.jpg

But at this point now, I've tried using these two versions of Greenworks and the Steam SDK... Same errors.

p3.jpg

Now this RPGM version 1.2 thing using NWJS v0.48.4, might be a light! My MZ is completely updated to version 1.4. How do I know the NWJS version?

Graverobber

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I got it! I'll leave what I did here, maybe I can help someone in the future.

To find out the version of NWJS the RPGM is currently using, open the task manager. Find the "nwjs", right click, properties and then details. You will have the necessary information.

RPG Maker MZ 1.4 is currently using NWJS 0.48.4 for example.

Now just find it here...

... the right version for RPG Maker, and using the filters, the version that will also be compatible with the Steam SDK version.

I managed to get rid of the errors, but I still don't know how to check the achievements. But that's another story. Many thanks to everyone who responded and helped. Mainly @SeaPhoenix . His observation was the checkmate.

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I think after I get this game done, I'm going to take a long vacation from game development. It feels great to see the coding skills get better and it is fun - but god it is also so exhausting.
Just advertising that I released version 0.9 of my game yesterday, for feedback purposes. My first game or creative endeavor ever :D Would be cool if someone tries it out!
An overall view of my full set of sprites so far, this was really fun to work in this past year! :kaopride:
1653056206274.png

Even though the game is cancelled, I'm still doing art in my spare time and seeing how it'd look.

It's a lot of fun. Wish I could be an artist!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cpy0716