I can't get the airship music to start (Mog Hunter Time System)

Snarkyfork

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Alright, I am using Mog Hunters time system plugin to change the BGM at night to the BGS of crickets playing but when I board the airship the music doesn't change to the airship theme that is selected in the system settings.

Below is a picture of the event (which uses Galv's Layer Plugin along side Mog Hunters Time System to create a godray parallax that appears for three hours in the morning from 6am to 9am). The thing is... the issue doesn't have too much to do with the time system (I think), I think what is happening is in tab/step 5 of the event it is continually "fading out" the BGM because the events trigger is parallel.

When I remove the "fade out" so that the maps normal BGM continues to play along side the night BGS I can hear the airship music when I board it through-out the night but when morning comes I am right back to square one again because of the parallel event continually playing the daytime BGM.

If I do not run the events with a parallel trigger the night music won't start each time I zone onto the world map at night.

What I am trying to do is...

1) At night (Step 5) fade out the BGM and start playing the night BGS.
2) Continue to play the night BGS each time I zone out onto the world map at night (9pm-6am).
3) Fade out the night BGS in the morning and begin playing the daytime BGM again.
4) (This is what is getting me) Do steps 1 through 3 without using a constant parallel trigger that is over-riding the airships music.

I assume I will have to use switches or variables to do this and I stand on the rain slick precipice of being able to figure stuff like this out... but alas it is still outside of my grasp.

Any insight would be great, thanks.
Untitled-1.png

EpicFILE

Epic Member
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Try out conditional branch tab three.
There's a branch condition based on whether you're driving a vehicle or not (there are boat, ship, and airship).
Make it "if airship is driven", turn off whatever bgs that override the default bgm.
Maybe you can try it out. :D

Snarkyfork

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Ha, that worked great. Thanks! In the words of our great Godking Donald Trump, "it's beautiful, it's perfect."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

um... why didn't anyone tell how easy it is to add motions to Sideview battlers? I literally copied the last one, changed the name and index, said where it should play, and boom... I've got intro motions.
Lately when I listen to 1970s songs, I always think that the "real world" is still at mid 70s. What we experience now is a futuristic dream. With this point of view, even 80s and 90s looks super futuristic. :D

The GIF of this seemed too cool to bury in replies. :LZSwink:
You may have slept with my aunt... but, given the circumstances, cheers.

- Professor Ian Duncan, 2013

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thedefflord