Box_Studios

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I've tried to Import A Movie That I Made and it's Not working. Any Help?

MrKiwi

No Flying Bird
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I imagine that by movie you mean a video/clip, keep in mind that it has to be on a specific format in order to be read by the software. You could find this information on MV's manual, I assume MZ might has something similar.

I'd risk myself to say the formats are the same for both softwares, these being:

1. webM (this is the important one)
2. mp4

Try to convert your movie into these formats and it should work then.
Hope this helps you! :kaopride:

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You will need to provide more information than that.

What format is your movie? What resolution? What is the file size? How did you import? What does "not working" mean - is it just not playing, are you getting an error, is it playing but not properly?

Have you checked the help file and confirmed that your movie is in the right format?

Box_Studios

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
You will need to provide more information than that.

What format is your movie? What resolution? What is the file size? How did you import? What does "not working" mean - is it just not playing, are you getting an error, is it playing but not properly?

Have you checked the help file and confirmed that your movie is in the right format?
`I Converted the Video into Different Formats It was originally mp4 then I changed it into Ogg then Ogv. I Imported it By Using the Menu Below. And By Not working I mean It doesn't appear when I click Play Movie on the Event Tab

Attachments

• uwu.PNG
    uwu.PNG
    70 KB · Views: 1
  • owo.PNG
    owo.PNG
    6.3 KB · Views: 1

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The Resource Manager contains audio and images. There is no folder in there for movies. You need to manually put it into the movies folder.

From the help file:
Video Files (Movies)
The usable file formats differ depending on the operating environment, so please prepare each video in both of the file formats below. Make sure to give them the same filename.
  • WebM (.webm)
  • MP4 (.mp4 encoded with H.264 codec)
*When creating a game that will be played on Windows or Mac, please prepare only the WebM file format. When creating a game that will be released on the web or for Android/iOS, both file formats are required.

Box_Studios

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
The Resource Manager contains audio and images. There is no folder in there for movies. You need to manually put it into the movies folder.

From the help file:
I Have But It's Still not working

Attachments

• AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.PNG
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.PNG
    44.4 KB · Views: 3

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'd get rid of all the crud characters in the file name and give it a proper name.

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
Anyone got it working? I mean, here?

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I haven't been on here in forever wow(missed my forum birthday T-T). Anyways, I'm dabbling in BGMs, here's something I'm actually willing to share.

Binge-watched 6 episodes of the Erased anime... And that means I've watched half of it?! Sigh...
I'm bad at base-building games (looking at other players created an aesthetically beautiful base compared to me), but IDK why I keep playing the game and seek more of it.
Pyra and Mythra in smash ultimate are way too OP. They're basically Smash 4 Bayonetta 2.0, and not in a good way. Very toxic and unfair. At least they're hot tho.
attack on titan keep reaching a new height with each episode, aaa I can't wait another week for a new episode at this point

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tatsuo