I can't purchase RPG Maker cause Royal Bank of Canada isn't supported.

Discussion in 'Tech Support-All Makers' started by Danith, Nov 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Danith

Danith Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I tried multitude of the purchase methods. Went to each purchasing site.
    It was either unavailable or didn't cover my purchase methods either.
    I tried Ebay, Amazon, Gamestop, etc. I tried this site itself, doesn't cover my purchase methods.
    I tried searching up to see if there was somewhere it supported, that was a "no".

I don't have paypal, but i want to purchase it. I have the money to do so too.

I tried Steam too, It doesn't support my options either.

I use a royal bank of canada (RBC) Debit card.

2. mlogan

mlogan Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

I've moved this thread to Tech Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

I think it's the best place for it anyway.

3. Danith

Danith Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I had no idea where to put it tbh. only thing i had to go off was it's related to RPG Maker. Thanks.

4. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    have you asked your bank about which card companies they work together with?
    In a lot of cases the banks have contracts with others to accept their data and your data might work through another option like VISA or Mastercard or so, but only your bank can tell you that.

Alternatively, in some countries you can purchase direct steam cards. you might want to check your local stores if they offer something like that (usually in the same place as mobile prepaid cards) and then purchase there. You'll get a card with a code that you'll have to enter into steam to get your money added to your account there, and you can purchase those cards with cash or whatever card the local store accepts.

However I would advice you to check with your bank first to enable purchasing through this website as you would get both the standalone and the steam version here, the variant through steam only gets you the steam version.

5. Danith

Danith Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Okay,

I mean, The thing that makes it slightly more stressful is I got the digital application for RBC,

With it you can just transfer money to sites (like Koodo which I use for phone data)

Still

Thanks for replying.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
  6. Alanood

Alanood Laziest creature ever Veteran

First Language:
    Arabic
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Try using Paypal?

7. MushroomCake28

MushroomCake28 Great Sorcerer Ainz Ooal Gown-sama Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Don't you have a credit card? Most online store, including steam, accept credit cards.

8. Danith

Danith Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Well, It took the extra mile (shopping at walmart) But i got a $100 visa gift card.
    Which is a visa card, which is supported.

It's just sorta difficult to have more the amount on Royal bank of Canada debit card and find zero services provide for debit...specifically cause i have online app.

But eh, now I can purchase it.
    Thanks for the support, I do hope there might be support for those with debit or "not accepted one" who just can't someday in the future.

9. MushroomCake28

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    You know that having a credit card is free? Plus, if you're scarred of forgetting to pay it on time and accumulate ridiculous interests, you can set it to take the full amount from your debit account every time a payment is due. Not only will you pay no more than the price of goods, you will earn some advantages, even if very small, like 1-2% cash back, or points.

It's a different story if you're under 18 though (since you can't own a credit card in that case).

10. Danith

Danith Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    It's a different story with me (over 18, i'm 19), I ain't scared of getting a credit card and such. I just happen to have something set up that requires having my debit card.

It not as simple as you'd like to think. It's not just one and done. So, that just how it is.

11. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    If this fully solves your query, please Report your opening post and ask for it to be closed.
    Thanks

12. bulmabriefs144

bulmabriefs144 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RM2k3
    Don't push so hard about credit cards. Some people have issues where they hate credit, or can't do credit.

I myself do not use credit cards. I manage to get accepted most places though. Ask your bank if they have a (repeat this) "Visa check card" Most banks now have something like this. It operates like a ATM card in terms of how it pulls money out (directly, not by loan) but it has the versatility of a credit card with regard to online purchasing.

[​IMG]

No worrying at all, ever, about paying on time. It just debits out the money, and you can use it on Amazon, whatever.

MushroomCake28 likes this.
  13. MushroomCake28

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @bulmabriefs144 True, those cards are great. However, credit cards aren't a problem if you have the money. It's not the same as not having the money and only paying the minimum on the card each month (with ridiculous interests). If you have the money in another account, you can set automatic payments on your credit cards (so it takes the full amount from your debit account every time).

The law of finances, in theory, would say that is a serious advantage over simply paying anything because when you delay a payment without interest, you have time to make that amount grow (by for example investing). That is the reason why pre-ordering is so profitable for companies. Plus, for credit cards, you get bonuses for spending with them (cash back, or points for items or trips).

There is literally no reason for not owning a credit card IF you're over 18 and have the money to pay it back fully every month. It's not even a hassle to pay it because you can set your card to pay itself automatically with your bank account.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.