Status
Not open for further replies.

slapper_59

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
I bought this today, and thus I am VERY new to this. I watched a tutorial today as I hoped it would make me better at understanding the program. However, when I want to right click at the map to, for example, create player startpoint or create a new event, NOTHING happens. Please help as this issue is kinda breaking everything...

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Are you sure you are in Event Mode? You can either change it by using Mode in the menu at the top or clicking on the icon that looks like a red game piece or pawn.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
As mlogan said, right-click on the map for these options exists only in event mode, not in mapping mode - and video tutorials usually forgot these tiny details because they have limited time.

I suggest you follow the link "starting point" in my signature instead and work through those tutorials, that will bring you up to the basics as fast as possible without skipping important details.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No, this happens to me too.  It may not be the mode at all (though of course that should be checked).  

In event mode, it just doesn't detect the right-click sometimes.  If I do it over and over, sometimes it'll finally pick it up.  Sometimes if I left-click and then right-click it'll detect it.  It's just buggy.

josephdevelops

Creator of Familia
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
This is another bug. I think it occurs on duel monitors. Try dragging the rpg maker window to your second monitor and then moving it back. This tends to fix the problem for me. RPG Maker MZ... always full of surprises.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
@josephdevelops You're responding to a thread for MV that's 5 years old...

josephdevelops, please refrain from necro-posting in a thread. Necro-posting is posting in a thread that has not had posting activity in over 30 days. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I've been working on something on and off for a few years now, and I've been reluctant to share any details on the project before I had anything playable because I did not want to generate hype only for the project to go back on hiatus. That being said I believe what I'm working on is very unique and pushes the boundaries of what RPG Maker projects can be. Bold claims, I know but just wait.
Happy Mother's Day to all the moms :)
Create Anime Art w/ AI, Tall Sprites with Aurora, Customize Variable Display | RPG Maker News #34

[My favorite slow moving track I've made so far]
dd_airport2.jpgdd_combat.jpg
dd_town.jpg
I did an experiment to try to solve the art style problem between RTP and 3D models.
But, it feels this grimdark world is going to end even faster. :kaoswt2:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foxiee05