Heeeer,i have some things to upgrade but there is:
@omegaflames
@Finnuval
@Me
@Angel.K1tty
my gift for you :
View attachment 126260 OILER]
Any errors tell me
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Coming next :

Mush Crushers: Revenge File 0

Mush Crushers: Adventures File 1

Mush Crushers: Black Friday File 2
Nice! It gives a sonic 3d blast feeling to it!!

Finnuval

World (his)story builder and barrel of ideas
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So i figured it was about time I posted something substantial on my own thread (lol)

Now the quality is pretty crappy but I only had about an hour to work on this so... yeah.

Anyway, highly inspired by @omegaflames music piece (which is great to have running on repeat in the background while you work btw) I took the shrooms made by @Gabriel-Chi , @Mystic_Enigma and @Angel.K1tty (which I butchered the most lol) and one of my own (of course) and made this little thing.

Hope you guys like it
img20191102_09500281.png

Finnuval

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Gabriel-Chi Thanks! It's the benefit of being old.... lots of practice lol

Mystic_Enigma

Seal the Deal!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Finnuval Whoa, that's impressive! It's really something how a few humanoid fungi could inspire so much...

Finnuval

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Mystic_Enigma ikr? When I started this thread I never expected so much response and versions of these 'crushrooms' as they have been dubbed. It's kinda amazing really.

omegaflames

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So i figured it was about time I posted something substantial on my own thread (lol)

Now the quality is pretty crappy but I only had about an hour to work on this so... yeah.

Anyway, highly inspired by @omegaflames music piece (which is great to have running on repeat in the background while you work btw) I took the shrooms made by @Gabriel-Chi , @Mystic_Enigma and @Angel.K1tty (which I butchered the most lol) and one of my own (of course) and made this little thing.

Hope you guys like it
View attachment 126396
These are fantastic!

SanZhang

Freelancer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Gosh, these all are amazing! I wanna join too! looks fun!

Finnuval

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@SanZhang feel free to. You are most welcome too xD

SanZhang

Freelancer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Greetings all,

well, this is my sketch, uh still a mess, kinda still practicing to make a fast drawing, so it's still an idea.
I think all those shrooms in here, at least one of them should have a skill like this:

since i usually drawing a humanoid beast, so here's what i could come up with:
zombie fungi
reference: http://blogs.unimelb.edu.au/sciencecommunication/files/2014/09/Cordyceps.jpg

challenge-shrooms.jpg

ant worker slave! (now that i see it again, i want to give this guy another pair of legs.. perhaps 2 pairs)

PS: i just realized i picked the wrong ref..........thats a lot of fungi (read: details), especially the ant itself (read: details)

Finnuval

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@SanZhang dayum you are fast! XD
I love the concept of this! Might make my own version based on it :)

SanZhang

Freelancer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@SanZhang dayum you are fast! XD
I love the concept of this! Might make my own version based on it :)
Still practicing ^^" hahahah
oooooo cant wait to see yours! you got this style, like that somehow mushrooms are very suitable with yours.. :D
May the Shrooms be with you!

SmashArtist

Lazy Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I had to jump in on this so I created an idle sprite version of Finnuval's original Crushroom! The design is awesome!:kaopride:
SmashArtist_Finnuval_Crushroom_Challenge.gif
The yellow sparkles are actually spores, yeah I know they're horrible XD
I'm happy I finished it, helps me improve my animation skill and it looks awesome! :wub
I wanted to give it some husky breath but I couldn't get a good animation with MV's 3 frame limit(which I want to stick to for practice on making cool MV assets)

I also decided to make my own mushroom-themed character, but since I'm more comfortable with humanoids I made this guy who seems to be some mushroom adventurer or a travelling merchant:
SmashArtist_Finnuval_Mushroom_Challenge.gif
The design on paper was more clear in terms of showing the details of all the mushroom themed parts, but basically I tried making as many parts of this character inspired off of mushrooms. His eyes are red(originally red w/ white spots), the little strings from his cloak are little mushroom shapes, he's wearing a backpack with some mushroomy designs filled with the tall mushrooms you see behind him, his pants/tunic was inspired off some interestingly shaped mushrooms and his lantern is some sort of glowy mushroom.
I'm a bit sad about the amount of detail that had to be removed in the sprite, but I wanted him to be smaller in comparison to the Crushroom.

Overall I'm actually really proud of these! I've been wanting to make an MV/general RPG Maker resource pack for a while and I think I've finally found a style I'm happy with. A mushroom themed pack would be very cool! (of course I won't use your Crushroom Finnuval since it's your design)​

Finnuval

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@SmashArtist wow... just wow! I'm always amazed when someone takes something I drew and turns it into pixel-art... Great job! (little jealous too lol) And great original character too, love the shrooms on his head, they are a nice touch :)

Finnuval

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm jealous of your design skills, they are seriously awesome, thanks for making this thread too! X3
now you're making me blush xD Seriously though i didn't expect this thread to pick up the way it has hee hee

Finnuval

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@RavenBlueIndigo just realized i hadn't responded to yours yet (shame on me)... but nice work! I like it a lot! Love the lore and the name 'Cruel Shroom" hee hee

@SanZhang so I made a real quick, rough sketch off of your insect-shroom idea. Might take a while before I finish it so I thought I'd show the concept skecth for now :)
img20191107_04481242.png

Oh and @RavenBlueIndigo I made this sketch based on your description too
img20191107_05273308.png

Last edited:

SanZhang

Freelancer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@SmashArtist oooo daaym! by the way, I thought that the sparkle was like the spore burst (reminds me the effects from Mass Effect 3, genophage shroud, that little round thingy things) and when i read the spoiler, i was like "oooo I'm right!"

@Finnuval ooooo mannn, hot daaym! you've simplified the design yet still terrifyingly menacing! love your imaginations, brother! :D
been a while offline, and now being around again lately, i kind of feel the hype with these challenges.. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Transferring over the character creation to MMO MV is going okie-ish, but slow~ Mainly image assets reformatting/reworking I have to do to work in this engine is a pain. XD At least the MMO battles works pretty well so far! Woop woop! :kaoluv:
At this point I'm sorta convinced that the joke "they mix something in the cafeteria food" may be true. Like, every single person seems to be dozing off in class right after lunch...
Saying overused tropes are bad is like saying I - IV - V - I chord progression is bad.
I swear, the last 3 weeks I haven't felt like helping people at all. No idea why, even if I know the exact solution they need. Might need to harness my inner @Shaz or something. :LZSexcite: :thumbsup-right:
Look, I get that it's illegal, but...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elad