I cried today...

Chiakscare

Resident Tifaholic
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I love making friends. I love talking to and helping people; sharing my life, my gifts, what wisdom I have; using what I can to dull or heal the pain someone else is feeling.

Today, I think I lost a friend. Not from anything in our control, either.

When I'd first started using RPGMaker all those years ago, I'd frequented the rpgmakervx.net website; she's a developer by the moniker new and went by Momo. We met through her project,. Valhalla Ultimate Card Battle, a card game she'd developed, which I played and helped with extensively.

Time passed and I moved on to things unrelated to RPGMaker. From time to time I'd get in touch with her to see how things were going; she made some progress on the game but I'd always be aching to see her next demo. To my knowledge, the updated demo never came; however, it had been some time since I checked.

Today, I wanted to talk to her again. The terrible friend to her that I am, it's been about three years since we last talked and since I went to that website. My fire for RPGMaker only recently rekindled and I found myself wanting to play her game again and work on it more; talk with her again and see how she's been doing.

It seems that website is gone forever following a server malfunction. To my knowledge that's the only way I could get in contact with her.

So I feel that I have lost her forever as well, and that has slashed me deeply... therefore I bleed these words upon the internet with scarlet ink turned black.

Many of you are aware of the stream project I've been doing; I wanted to stream her game in hopes of her catching it or word getting to her but there is nowhere to download it.

I suppose it the stars will have it, we will meet again.

Until then, my heart cracks and tears flow.

That's about it. Thanks for reading this and sorry if I've posted it in the improper place.

richter_h

Eh? Sweetroll?
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
N/A
People come and go, so does the website.

Don't worry about it, fella. I also experienced the same back in 2014, in the time which I almost lost the stuffs I gathered and the relations I've built. Somehow everything came back but with better shape, although I felt something's different from them.

Anyway, I also lost such connection with fellas of rpgmakervx.net, where I also ran some script supports regarding to VX system and stuffs. Since it has been gone, I don't know what the fellas are doing since then.

Let her go and see if she comes back.

Just curious, did she also put her project here in RMWeb forum?

Sorry if my words are kinda inappropriate. I am not good with words but after all:

Clydous

Slowly moseying my way back...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Ah, I know the feeling. Internet friends are great! But I've learned after several "lost friends" that having more ways of keeping in contact with them is super important. I know I can't offer any solutions for your bleeding heart, but just know that I share your pain... </3

Zer0_Redemption

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Have you tried her on youtube i didnt put alot of time into it but i noticed she has an account on youtube.

Chiakscare

Resident Tifaholic
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
People come and go, so does the website.

Don't worry about it, fella. I also experienced the same back in 2014, in the time which I almost lost the stuffs I gathered and the relations I've built. Somehow everything came back but with better shape, although I felt something's different from them.

Anyway, I also lost such connection with fellas of rpgmakervx.net, where I also ran some script supports regarding to VX system and stuffs. Since it has been gone, I don't know what the fellas are doing since then.

Let her go and see if she comes back.

Just curious, did she also put her project here in RMWeb forum?

Sorry if my words are kinda inappropriate. I am not good with words but after all:

I've looked and found nothing here from her, so it does not appear so.

Thank you very much for your words and comfort, though. It means a great deal to me.

Ah, I know the feeling. Internet friends are great! But I've learned after several "lost friends" that having more ways of keeping in contact with them is super important. I know I can't offer any solutions for your bleeding heart, but just know that I share your pain... </3
Yes, and I had thought I would not need a way beside that site; how foolish it was.

Thank you for your words.

I have noticed her Youtube account but the last upload was years ago so I thought that was a longshot, unless they'd alert her by e-mail when I send a message from there.

That is quite worth a try.

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I remember one of the other admins back on RMVX.net, scherzo, had said one time, that if he left, it would be a short goodbye and then he would be gone altogether. He was one of my best friends in the RM community back then. We had both spent a lot of time in the old IRC channel, and we were both made mods on the site within a day of each other, and he was a great, funny guy. And when he decided it was time to go... he just said bye to everyone and left. I haven't heard from him since.

I sometimes wonder how he is doing.Its now been about 5 years maybe. Hopefully he is doing well.

Chiakscare

Resident Tifaholic
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I remember one of the other admins back on RMVX.net, scherzo, had said one time, that if he left, it would be a short goodbye and then he would be gone altogether. He was one of my best friends in the RM community back then. We had both spent a lot of time in the old IRC channel, and we were both made mods on the site within a day of each other, and he was a great, funny guy. And when he decided it was time to go... he just said bye to everyone and left. I haven't heard from him since.

I sometimes wonder how he is doing.Its now been about 5 years maybe. Hopefully he is doing well.
I would presume that place was the only way to contact him; I also hope he is doing well.

A fun fact: this topic is now on the front page of Google when you search for Momo's game.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well, a quick Google of the game name turned up this YouTube video, published just 6-7 weeks ago.

I bet you can contact her through that :)

I don't see this thread on there (and wouldn't expect to, given it was only started today and would require the Google bots to nab it first). But if you googled the game's name, I'm surprised you didn't find the same links as I did.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chiakscare

Resident Tifaholic
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Well, a quick Google of the game name turned up this YouTube video, published just 6-7 weeks ago.

I bet you can contact her through that :)

I don't see this thread on there (and wouldn't expect to, given it was only started today and would require the Google bots to nab it first). But if you googled the game's name, I'm surprised you didn't find the same links as I did.
It's 2nd from the bottom of the first page of Google from typing "valhalla ultimate card battle game rmvx". It could be different for you, though.

I found that too, but I'm at a loss for how to get in contact with the poster; I left a comment, though.

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I would presume that place was the only way to contact him; I also hope he is doing well.
He left before the end of the forum. And I knew he was leaving. He just cut ties with the RM community entirely. I think about it sometimes though. There are a lot of people from the RMVX.net days I think about from time to time. And its just... Its weird to think I haven't talked to them in so long. I used to talk to them daily.

Aindra, scherzo, moururi, solistra (though she pops in and out occasionally), and there are other people. I can't even remember their usernames now. I guess its part of being in the community for a while now. I'm getting nostalgiac.

Clord

Nya~
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Then again, if you are more than typical online friend, you should have more methods to contact someone and potentially even know where they actually live.

Then again, we who make friends rather in online world than a "Real world" tend to not talk about our real lives in that much detail.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chiakscare

Resident Tifaholic
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Then again, if you are more than typical online friend, you should have more methods to contact someone and potentially even know where they actually live.

Then again, we who make friends rather in online world than a "Real world" tend to not talk about our real lives in that much detail.
She only ever contacted me through there and was apprehensive about giving other forms of contact; even coming into he IRC had to be requested. Not unsurprising, considering.

I notice, for good reason, girls are more sensitive to giving out information.

Amy Pond

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (UK)
Primarily Uses
I've been on RPG Maker websites since 2004... and in that time I reckon I could name a few hundred people who I would consider friends, and dozens so close that we would talk quite openly about important stuff.

I've lost most of them. And yeah, cried many times.

The Internet is populated by real people, and everything said is a real thing said. Friends in real life look at me funny when I say things like that: online stuff is inconsequential and not real life. But it is, everybody on here is just as real as a friend looking you in the eye. Possibly moreso, because it easier for a lot of people to be open in an online environment.

As for your friend, there is a chance they ended up at rpgmakervxace.net - which spun off from VX. Other than that I don't know. Some people just drop out of RPG Maker altogether, and move on. Sometimes I have come across old friends in completely random and alien environments, way out of RPG Maker.

I wish you luck but... sometimes people just disappear. It's sad, but it's a biproduct of your online identity. One day you're gone forever without a word. Or have become a completely different person entirely.

Pine

Biggest Tree in the Forest
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
She only ever contacted me through there and was apprehensive about giving other forms of contact; even coming into he IRC had to be requested. Not unsurprising, considering.

I notice, for good reason, girls are more sensitive to giving out information.
I don't mean to be insensitive. I too, have lost contact with some pretty awesome people I've met online, and specifically in VXNet. But frankly speaking, it wasn't even sure that you'd manage to get a hold of her by PMing her in there...

On a side note: don't believe for a second that it was actually server failure.

Amy Pond

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (UK)
Primarily Uses
The IRC is still going, it just doesn't really have a home.

Chiakscare

Resident Tifaholic
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I don't mean to be insensitive. I too, have lost contact with some pretty awesome people I've met online, and specifically in VXNet. But frankly speaking, it wasn't even sure that you'd manage to get a hold of her by PMing her in there...

On a side note: don't believe for a second that it was actually server failure.
Quite so, but it was possible  would have; and since it was the only method of contact I had, well... such was optimism.

Oh? If not server failure, then what was it?

You were pretty involved with that site in particular if I recall correctly... I remember talking with you on the IRC a few times. XD

Pine

Biggest Tree in the Forest
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Quite so, but it was possible  would have; and since it was the only method of contact I had, well... such was optimism.

Oh? If not server failure, then what was it?

You were pretty involved with that site in particular if I recall correctly... I remember talking with you on the IRC a few times. XD
I remember. Your nick is quite unique.About VXNet, iEntry probably decided to pull the plug. I made some digging in the internet archive for months previous to the shutdown. I have a thread about my acquired knowledge on this in my blog if you want to take a look. In short it was an almost dead forum and they decided to kill it off and make space for something. The DB was huge.

Amy Pond

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (UK)
Primarily Uses
#rmvx? Who's handling it?
Sorry you're right, #rmvx is dead, everyone has moved to #rpgmaker. I just haven't been paying attention to what my tabs say.
Except Tevak. Tevak holds the fort, unopped.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I miss working in rpgmaker but I can only do one thing at a time. Maybe after drawing lessons I can come back.
Ever have a day like... you play minesweeper and your very first click is always a mine?
Today's patch of Eternal Dreamers is for all the gamblers out there! https://bit.ly/327mu83
i deleted anime only family guy from now on
I've discovered Stardew Valley and now I'm an addict. To think that one person designed this...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rykerior