I don't get Yanfly's Row Formation

Discussion in 'Javascript/Plugin Support' started by AcetheSuperVillain, Oct 3, 2016.

1. AcetheSuperVillain

AcetheSuperVillain Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    American
    I'd love to do a game using yanfly's Row Formations plugin, but I don't understand how to set it up.  I'm guessing that there's somehow a lot of lunatic mode or other plugins at work, but I'm not familiar enough with these things to figure out what I need to do.  Any help would be appreciated.  

Here's the plugin page:  http://yanfly.moe/2016/01/02/yep-54-row-formation/

I'd like to end up with:

2 rows.  Back row for ranged weapons and magic, front row for melee.  

Back row cannot be targeted by melee attacks unless the front row is empty.  

Back row cannot use melee attacks unless the front row is empty.  

Skills can be melee or ranged.  Some skills use the rangedness of the equipped weapon, others are always one or the other.  

Enemies that are pushed or pulled into a row other than their default row will try to return to their default row.  

Push/pull skills will cause temporary row lock.  

2. nerochepiace

nerochepiace Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    italian
    You have to do a bit of work... and only this plugin will not save you.

First of all, You must have create 2 states that represents the effect of the row.

Go to the plugin menager and set "Maximum Row" to 2.

In the plugin manager, put the id of the state in "Row 1 State" (for the front row) and "Row 2 State" (back row).

This way, every battler in a row will have the right state.

"Back row cannot be targeted by melee attacks unless the front row is empty."
    To do that, you need the Target Core plugin http://yanfly.moe/2016/02/26/yep-74-target-core/

Use the notetag \\<Target: Front Enemy Row> on the attack skill.

"Enemies that are pushed or pulled into a row other than their default row will try to return to their default row."

You must create skill to make a move in the row, and give to the enemy.

(or at least, is the only way I founded...)

" Push/pull skills will cause temporary row lock."

Use a skill that inflict a state with the tag <Row Lock>.

3. AcetheSuperVillain

First Language:
    American
    So I'm a little confused about what should be in the Row States.  For example, I don't want the backrow to lock attacks, because I want back row characters with bows and guns to still be able to attack.  Although maybe ranged weapons could have a property that makes them immune to the row state.  Would that work?  

4. nerochepiace

nerochepiace Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    italian
    It's hard, because is not naturally to think that a plugin will not provide you of all the things you need to use it the way you want.

Row Formation is not the only one plugin you need to implement a "realistic" strategic combat.

But that's is not the scope (something about divide the graphical from the function, I suppose...)

As an example, for obtain what you want, you don't need to use the tag of the Row Formation plugin or do something strange in the Row state.

You need to modify the ability that you use to attack.

First of all, create new ability that replicate an attack, one for every type of weapon.

Use Weapon Unleash plugin to change the ability used when equipping a specificed weapon. http://yanfly.moe/2015/12/26/yep-51-weapon-unleash/

\\<Replace Attack: x> (in the notetag of your sword, for example).

Now, in the attack skill notetag you put the following:

\\<Row Only: 1>

\\<Select Conditions>

Front Row Only

\\</Select Conditions>

That's way, the weapon can only be used on row 1, and hit only enemy in row 1.

You need the Selection Control plugin http://yanfly.moe/2016/04/22/yep-94-selection-control/ to use the Selection Conditions tag.

For a bow, you can use 

\\<Select Conditions>

Any Row

\\</Select Conditions>

(non really important, the normal attack work that way).

AcetheSuperVillain likes this.
  5. AcetheSuperVillain

First Language:
    American
    It works!  Many thankyous!  

I got discouraged initially because selection does not work right in the Troop Battle Test, but it worked fine in game play mode.  

In fact, it would seem that any skill with the Hit Type: Physical Attack will default to only attacking the front row once the Selection Plugin is installed, and the Any Row Selection Condition is what you really need.  

6. Caramell

Caramell Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    How did you get the row formation set up in the first place? I don't know why it is not working

7. AcetheSuperVillain

First Language:
    American

As it was said, you need a couple different Yanfly plugins to make it work.  To begin with, I think most of these plugins require some sort of parent plugin to work at all, like the Core Engine and the Battle Engine Core.  Or if the order of the plugins is wrong, they can interfere with each other.  If this is not the issue, can you explain more about what you've tried so far?  

8. Caramell

Caramell Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Ok so is this it?

Screenshot (23).png

9. BloodletterQ

BloodletterQ Chaotic Neutral Assassin Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Also what's the right code for a skill that switches rows (only using two and removed party command)