I don't know how to implement my idea

Niko097

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
español
Primarily Uses
RMMV
first something of what to my little project: we reincarnate in an epada, but we cannot move so we use an ability to "control" or "possess" an enemy (for example a slime or goblin) then the player will change appearance by that of the possessed enemy

So that's the problem, for now I made a common event trigger when the ability is used, but I don't know how to fill it, I suppose I should create a script but that is where my knowledge goes (I'm new to this...) Thank you for reading!!
imagen_2021-04-03_183853.png
imagen_2021-04-03_200920.png

EDIT: the blue flame is a spirit that explains to us that we die and reincarnate in the sword (all this is part of the introduction) after speaking, it gives us the ability "possession" (I will use that name for now) she says that if we want to move, we must possess a monster, the slime appears and the battle begins> we use the possession skill> the fight ends > now we are a slime with a sword. the player now has the slime's abilities and also "possession". we eventually face other monsters, but to possess them we must level up. and so we will be changing guests stronger and stronger.

Last edited:

Moerder

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
F'thaghn
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hola Niko. if you reincarnate as a sword then it will be static. how do you plan on taking possession of an enemy etc? is the blue flame/orb in your picture the 'ghost' of your hero so you can move around?

as for changing the appearance, on page 3 of the event commands you will find 'Change Actor Images.' you can just set it to whichever sprite the monster has. it will also depend on how many different monsters you plan on using for this. each roaming monster could simply have a link to your common event, or just use the change actor image function in the monster event itself.

I hope this helps but feel free to provide more info on how you plan to implement this. hasta luego

Quackadoos

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I guess it depends on how you want to do this, but I made a little mock-up for a system as an example. I can go into more depth if you would like something more complex.
First things first, the common event:
Possession Screenie.png
So, upon using the skill our main character is turned into a spirit which can move around the map and select what you want to possess. Fun extras include a black and white gradient whilst in this mode to separate it from regular gameplay.

Then the thing you want to possess:
Possession Screenie Orc.png
Upon choosing to possess the orc, the orc itself disappears and then the main character's graphics are changed to the monster. Turn off the switch so that the world returns to normal and you can't randomly possess anything else until the skill is used again.

I recommend Yanfly's Self Switches and Variables Plugin for this as it means you can easily toggle the possessed monster on and off when you swap to something else.
It's a complex system but this is the very basic framework of it.

Edit: I forgot to mention that you can also add and remove skills if you're planning on using the battle system. It would probably be easier to do this via a script call or plugin to remove all skills, then re-add the possession skill and whatever skills the monster has.

CleanWater

Independent Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sorry, I didn't understand well your point.

If you want to "possess" enemies (I presume, by interacting with their respective events) all you need is a switch and the command to change the actor sprite (and possible his/her class too). There's no need to a much complex thing if you want to achieve this.

Can you explain better your idea?

Niko097

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
español
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sorry, I didn't understand well your point.

If you want to "possess" enemies (I presume, by interacting with their respective events) all you need is a switch and the command to change the actor sprite (and possible his/her class too). There's no need to a much complex thing if you want to achieve this.

Can you explain better your idea?
Hola Niko. if you reincarnate as a sword then it will be static. how do you plan on taking possession of an enemy etc? is the blue flame/orb in your picture the 'ghost' of your hero so you can move around?

as for changing the appearance, on page 3 of the event commands you will find 'Change Actor Images.' you can just set it to whichever sprite the monster has. it will also depend on how many different monsters you plan on using for this. each roaming monster could simply have a link to your common event, or just use the change actor image function in the monster event itself.

I hope this helps but feel free to provide more info on how you plan to implement this. hasta luego

sorry, I just edited the post for better understanding. my problem is that I do not know how to "mark" the monster to change the image of the player for that image

I guess it depends on how you want to do this, but I made a little mock-up for a system as an example. I can go into more depth if you would like something more complex.
First things first, the common event:
So, upon using the skill our main character is turned into a spirit which can move around the map and select what you want to possess. Fun extras include a black and white gradient whilst in this mode to separate it from regular gameplay.

Then the thing you want to possess:
Upon choosing to possess the orc, the orc itself disappears and then the main character's graphics are changed to the monster. Turn off the switch so that the world returns to normal and you can't randomly possess anything else until the skill is used again.

I recommend Yanfly's Self Switches and Variables Plugin for this as it means you can easily toggle the possessed monster on and off when you swap to something else.
It's a complex system but this is the very basic framework of it.

Edit: I forgot to mention that you can also add and remove skills if you're planning on using the battle system. It would probably be easier to do this via a script call or plugin to remove all skills, then re-add the possession skill and whatever skills the monster has.
It's not what I had in mind, but you made me realize that I could do the battles on the map! for now I want to continue with the original idea and later I will implement that

CleanWater

Independent Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hola Niko, if I understand well, you will need to create "Battle Events".

Inside the battle, you will activate a switch for the "possession" with the skill "possession" you have created. After finishing the battle, presuming you have won, you will set a Common Event to change the graphics of your player with a conditional branch. I'm a bit busy now, but I'll post an example as soon as possible.

Niko097

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
español
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hola Niko, if I understand well, you will need to create "Battle Events".

Inside the battle, you will activate a switch for the "possession" with the skill "possession" you have created. After finishing the battle, presuming you have won, you will set a Common Event to change the graphics of your player with a conditional branch. I'm a bit busy now, but I'll post an example as soon as possible.
Thank you !! calm down, take your time, after all it is a small personal project that I just started

CleanWater

Independent Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Niko, sorry for my delay. Did you solved the issue?

If I got it right...

You need to create a battle event for every monster battle in-game and a skill (probably called "Possession"). After using the skill "Possession", you will insta-kill the enemy and change your player character sprite, class, etc, to that of the enemy.

The print of the event commands are as follows:
BOD5dBx.png

Simple, no? If that's not what you wanted, or if you still have any questions, I'll be glad to know. ;)

Niko097

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
español
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Niko, sorry for my delay. Did you solved the issue?

If I got it right...

You need to create a battle event for every monster battle in-game and a skill (probably called "Possession"). After using the skill "Possession", you will insta-kill the enemy and change your player character sprite, class, etc, to that of the enemy.

The print of the event commands are as follows:
BOD5dBx.png

Simple, no? If that's not what you wanted, or if you still have any questions, I'll be glad to know. ;)

hi, thanks for your answer!! but i have already managed to solve it, I did it using scripts.
I will show how it works in case it works for someone:
first create a skill, in "effects" I call a common event.
imagen_2021-04-11_161530.png

inside the common event there is a conditional:
"if there is 1 enemy alive and it has less than 30% of its HP"> "if the ID of the enemy is 0001 (slime)"> run the script
1: I save the enemy stat in an array
2: I save the stat of the player in an array
3: replace the player's stat with the enemy's
4: change the player's image to that of the slime (slime that moves around the map)
5: kill the enemy
imagen_2021-04-11_162056.png

that's what I have for now. obviously I must put the conditional "if the ID of the enemy is X" for each enemy.
Later I want to copy the enemy's abilities as well.
sorry for my English.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

how it looks from the top
Hike was successful guys! I made it to the top!
Add Film-like Visual Effects During Test-Play, Deploy Games with Electron | RPG Maker News #69

brain broken as soon as i figure out whats wrong with my game im taking a long nap
Hey guys anyone is interested in playing my game? Just PM me and I'll give you a Steam key! Here's my latest video! ->

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lafa