I don't know what they're called & I'd like to search for more

fazthestampede

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi! I'm a noob & I've been in love with these thingies but I don't know what they're called:
!Flame.png
I love them all, especially the shiny ones.
I'd love to search for more of them; perhaps something like a moving love-icon, written "Event" on it, or anything that relates or ressembles them.
Questions:
1) Where can I search more of them online?
2) What are they called? So I can search them. (Because all I can seek online is under "animation" and it always end up being the "animation part" not the one I'm searching for above)

Thank you.

arsMori

Drawer of Images
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't understand what you mean completely, but I'm guessing what you want is a tile that "animates" when using the stepping/walking animation? Usually, you'd make the fire/sparkles "stepping", so it seems like they constantly flicker.

(Would it be ok to ask what you want to use these kinds of tiles for? It would help in narrowing down an answer)

ovate

tale
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Looking for something similar to "event indicator" or "event notification"? Sometimes known as sparkle for event

Can be animated when stepping animation is on
https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/way-to-make-an-event-sparkle.54761/post-538502

They can be used as an icon through a plugin, MV Action Indicators by Galv
https://galvs-scripts.com/2015/12/04/mv-action-indicators/

Also possible to display a balloon icon over an event.

Finding resource for a star-like sparkle are rare.
https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/looking-for-a-sparkling-star.86556/post-791449

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
technically they're sprites - or more precise object sprites as opposed to people sprites
the engine identifies object sprites by them having a ! at the beginning of the filename, but unfortunately that is not something you can search for.

lesbrarians

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The pictured sprites can all be classified under "lights" (candles, fire, lanterns, lamps, sparkles), if you're looking for object sprites similar to those. For an animated love icon, you're mostly likely thinking of an "icon balloon." And for something written, I'm guessing you're thinking of an "event label."

Try these searches and see if the results are what you're looking for:
  • rmmv animated fire sprite sheet
  • rmmv balloon icon
  • rmmv event label

fazthestampede

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't understand what you mean completely, but I'm guessing what you want is a tile that "animates" when using the stepping/walking animation? Usually, you'd make the fire/sparkles "stepping", so it seems like they constantly flicker.

(Would it be ok to ask what you want to use these kinds of tiles for? It would help in narrowing down an answer)
Yes! "Animates when using stepping/walking animation" would be the name of it. I'm planning to use it just like the sparkling ones. I've managed to make it sparkle as an event when the players click on it as with the action button. I'd love to have more of those. What I'm specifically searching for are the ones that has characteristics/ intentions of attracting the players to click the event.

Looking for something similar to "event indicator" or "event notification"? Sometimes known as sparkle for event

Can be animated when stepping animation is on
https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/way-to-make-an-event-sparkle.54761/post-538502

They can be used as an icon through a plugin, MV Action Indicators by Galv
https://galvs-scripts.com/2015/12/04/mv-action-indicators/

Also possible to display a balloon icon over an event.

Finding resource for a star-like sparkle are rare.
https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/looking-for-a-sparkling-star.86556/post-791449
Waw! The 3rd link has one that I've been looking for! I would love to have anything similar or a link that leads to somebody creating/collecting it. Thank you so much

technically they're sprites - or more precise object sprites as opposed to people sprites
the engine identifies object sprites by them having a ! at the beginning of the filename, but unfortunately that is not something you can search for.
Oh I see. That's too bad. No wonder they are very hard to find. Yes, I'm looking for the ones that has ! at the beginning of the file name.

The pictured sprites can all be classified under "lights" (candles, fire, lanterns, lamps, sparkles), if you're looking for object sprites similar to those. For an animated love icon, you're mostly likely thinking of an "icon balloon." And for something written, I'm guessing you're thinking of an "event label."

Try these searches and see if the results are what you're looking for:
  • rmmv animated fire sprite sheet
  • rmmv balloon icon
  • rmmv event label
Thank you, I will try them all out.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think the best thing is to have a specific thing in mind and search for that: e.g. "RPG Maker MV torch sprite" (or whatever Maker you're using, your profile doesn't say)

Chances are decent that if you find a thread where someone drew that, they might well have other objects. But they're unlikely to have any specific wording you could look for generically.

fazthestampede

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think the best thing is to have a specific thing in mind and search for that: e.g. "RPG Maker MV torch sprite" (or whatever Maker you're using, your profile doesn't say)

Chances are decent that if you find a thread where someone drew that, they might well have other objects. But they're unlikely to have any specific wording you could look for generically.
Thank you! I will try that. I see, I should complete my profile, then.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Oh my, couldn't give my take on obfuscation subject (with my own plugins I tried to obsfucate with mixed results), topic was closed too fast, while I was still reading, hahaha. Well, back to my code I go
Spent all day writing code, only for it to result in an endless loop...sigh.:kaosigh:
So um what is the deal with rpgmakerofficial.com ,why are there two rpg maker websites now? Is it any different from the current one rpgmakerweb.com??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whymebro2000