Status
Not open for further replies.

RetroSoldier

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hello, Strangers! It is I, your good friend, uh, Other Stranger. Let's chat a while, and see if we can't solve this issue together!

The Problem: Part 1

No obvious way to make it so the battle music changes to a user-defined song when the current battle party's collective Current HP is at or below a certain threshold of their collective Max HP.

Example: Party's collective Max HP = 100. This attack injures a crap-ton of people and lowers the party's collective Current HP to 40 or less. Bam! Intense music starts up.

Example 2: You've got four battlers, each with 25 HP. Three are heavily injured (a total of 20HP between them), one is in perfect condition (25HP). An enemy attacks someone, anyone, for 5 damage. This takes the collective Current HP down to 40 and 'Uh-oh Music' initiates. 

The Problem: Part 2

Okay, so you technically *could* probably do that with a large amount of variable values and such. However, you also need to change the battle music back to normal when the party's collective current HP is above said certain threshold. (Sticking with the prior examples, we're going with 40% collective HP here as the threshold.)

The Solution:

A simple script that checks in-battle for your party's HP values, and then changes the music to a user-defined song when the user-defined threshold is passed. Said script would also restore the default battle music when crisis mode has ended.

Additional Thoughts:

- Perhaps there is a way to make a script and tie it to the game's crisis mode?

- Heck, even a script to check the MaxHP and Current HP values so you could initiate a conditional branch in the Troop page would be nice. 

- Didn't they have this as a vanilla option in RPG Maker 2003? It was a long time ago, but I heard it had such a feature.

- Bonus points to have a user-defined song played at user-defined battles (bosses, special fights) when the enemies are low on health.

Let's knock this out of the park!
~ RetroSoldier

Last edited by a moderator:

deilin

Ranger/Elementalist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Easy to do since the game already has a "crisis" check (which turns the text yellow). All you have to do is add a sound line to the sound cache with an actor condition.

Like you also noted, you can add all the party hp and rate it against their mhp through battler and say check for a rate below "0.2"

RetroSoldier

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Eh...not so easy when you can't code worth beans, haha.

Even so, I was going to try something akin to that earlier, but I could never find where, exactly, the 'crisis' information is stored...and what to reference...and how to reference it...and what exactly I should type to do that kind of procedure...etc.

Mr. Bubble

Makes stuff.
Reaction score
This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Making progress. And simplifying.
jV7qfoy.gif
Not sure why I'm a jack of all trades , master of none... Sigh. Album out 06/03/2022 on all ur favorite platforms. 10 tracks.
Hmm... Mushrooms, maybe they're not poisonous...
unknown.png
Hi, I'm a new and upcoming Indie Developer, and I could really use some help when it comes to system programming. Explorers can only go so far before needing a map, you know?
I made a comic strip with the characters of my game.Flor en la cola eng.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
obierunkenobie