SpiderMilkshake

The Cuddlesnake
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
^w^ Greetings! Any game-making mushroom-hunters in these parts? XD My immediate fam is super fungus-phobic and I have no one to share my finds with who doesn't respond with a "is that poisonous?! Ew!! It looks nasty!!"

In the spirit of sharing, here are some peppy little winter finds I've found today:
iRWo8nK.jpg
JXJHdIZ.jpg
M8ipX9k.jpg
Seriously, I measured it, it's about 5.5 inches wide. owo;

JtheDuelist

Your Friendly Neighborhood Shapeshifter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
*sees the word mycology*
*flashes back to the Mushromancer skill in MH*
WHY'D YOU REMOVE MY FAVORITE ARMOR SKILL FROM MH WORLD, CAPCOM?!

markp80nj

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Nice pics.
Never really got into Mycology, but I can see the appeal.
Share more stuff if you got it.

markp80nj

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Eh, I did find some Amanitas this year, almost forgot about that.
North East US, so the orange ones, not the classic red ones.

SpiderMilkshake

The Cuddlesnake
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Eh, I did find some Amanitas this year, almost forgot about that.
North East US, so the orange ones, not the classic red ones.
Ooh, nice! XD I only found one Panther amanita last year and it was old as heckie. Hoping for better luck this year and better photos.

Harrumi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You would love the area I'm at in Canada, around the end of summer to fall we get HUGE mushrooms poking up from probably one of the largest underground mushrooms in the world.

taarna23

Marshmallow Princess
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Where I am, I don't find much, plus I'm distrustful of my identifying skills, but I find the odd puffball, shaggy mane and only once found some horse mushrooms that ants hadn't infested.

SpiderMilkshake

The Cuddlesnake
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
You would love the area I'm at in Canada, around the end of summer to fall we get HUGE mushrooms poking up from probably one of the largest underground mushrooms in the world.
8D I would love that. I have a suspicion on the species being Armillaria--it makes such big underground networks. I think the largest one is in Oregon (also the world's largest single organism ^^;) but I've no doubt there's huge ones in Canada. They're also edible! They call 'em honey mushrooms and I've found small bunches in my woods too. XD They're just usually confined to a couple of logs, not whole forests.

SpiderMilkshake

The Cuddlesnake
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Where I am, I don't find much, plus I'm distrustful of my identifying skills, but I find the odd puffball, shaggy mane and only once found some horse mushrooms that ants hadn't infested.
^u^ I was that way last year, but lately become a bit more confident. I can still remember a time when I was like "nope, no gilled ones, too scared of making a mistake". Congrats on the horse mushrooms--I've still yet to find good ones there!

XD I keep getting lots of Shaggy Mane luck. Which is good because those are among my favorites so far (after Hedgehog Mushrooms, Blewits, and Oysters).

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
[dpost]SpiderMilkshake[/dpost]
There is a Multiquote facility, so you can highlight a post/section of a post, choose 'Quote' and then do another one. All of those quotes are then stored and you can put them into your reply.
However, if you are only quoting a post to indicate who you are replying to, please use the @ plus the username, like this @SpiderMilkshake . As you type a dropdown list appears and after a few letters it is easy to select the name you want. The person is then tagged and alerted that you have mentioned them. The advantage is that quoting posts makes the page slower to load and scroll down, which can be a real issue for those accessing the site on their phone.

taarna23

Marshmallow Princess
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@SpiderMilkshake I have my doubts that my identifying will improve my confidence at all... WAY too paranoid because I know this is a place where a mistake can be deadly. I need to learn from people that actually know their stuff. Also, the last couple years here have sucked for shaggy manes. Autumn has simply been too dry for them.

SpiderMilkshake

The Cuddlesnake
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
@taarna23 Ah well, there's places to get second opinions! If anything, pop a few photos on here if you're not sure and I'll look into it!
I noticed the dryness effecting them... the only reason I got lucking I think is because I knew a lower marshy area that I checked late after it rained... they happened to come up in dozens by pure chance. I think this spring is going to be a good one for fungi though.

Harrumi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I know where I grew up, the cow pasture had thousands and thousands of Psilocybin mushroom, I'm not sure if you've ever tried those. lol

taarna23

Marshmallow Princess
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Harrumi Probably not the best conversation piece for here.

Harrumi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Maybe not, but scientifically they're quite interesting.

Also not to be mistaken by the death cap which is extremely poisons!

SpiderMilkshake

The Cuddlesnake
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
^u^ Found new fungi to share. Some of these are also technically protists.

t8ycw2D.jpg
^u^ They almost look like red poppy flowers. One of my favorite lichens around here.
hb1hMzK.jpg
Edible, yes! Just... gooey. XD

ji9TtNz.jpg
XD And yes, they're delicious. I know from experience!

Can't believe how hyped I am for morel season coming up. :) If it stays this rainy it's going to be a good one.

Stanley

Nobody, Joystrike Scientist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Malay, Lotudian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I enjoy Biology

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I just love the MV feature that allows you to create your own animations!
I typically ask this on my normal social media channels, but figured there may be good replies here. Anyone got any good horror movie recommendations? I've seen a lot, but I always love getting suggestions! Bonus points if you know which service it is streaming on (in the US) - bring on the spOoooOky!
 After a few distractions (and my annual rough second week of October), I’m getting back on track with my OMGC project.
 Am I overcomplicating it? Yes. Am I going to tone it down? Almost certainly not.
 At least the dialogue stuff is almost done. I need to do the map itself, and then all that’s left is combat.
 Getting there!
Creating 3D CGs for Cutscenes. :kaosalute:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nspace