I FINALLY have time to use RPG Maker VX Ace!

Acturis

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hi guys,

I bought RPG maker a long time ago but I am just now getting around to having the time to use it! I'm hoping to use it to create a series of small games to get me ready to create a RWBY themed RPG with a battle/class system similar to the original Final Fantasy Tactics game for the PS1. I look forward to meeting everyone on here and help one another's creative visions come true!

-Act

Prodigy 1216

Prodigious Member
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Malanglish
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hey there! welcome to RPG Maker Community!

This community is great. Lotsa great dudes and ladies here with flawless attitude and talents. It's a good place to find resources and also help from the others. Regardless of the engine you're using feel free to explore some of the contents here. I recommend you to read the forum's rule and regulations first before starting.

Good luck with your project there mate, It's possible to get the tactics battle system via scripting(sounds scary I know) Anyway you'll get the hang of it. Anyways, once again I welcome you mate.

WELCOME TO RPG MAKER COMMUNITY

Acturis

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Scary is just a challenge waiting to be overcome ;)

Thank you for the warm reception and I will definitely comb through the resources you have. Who knows, I might get good enough to where I can help out other people on here ;)

-Act

DjKniteX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey Welcome! I'm getting around to it too~ I'm going to start bugging out on it this weekend xD

Stanley

Nobody, Joystrike Scientist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Malay, Lotudian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Tactics on PsOne's one of my all time fav video games.
Have fun, welcome:kaohi:

Acturis

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@DjKniteX : What is your pet project, maybe we can do the Vulcan mind-meld and learn this thing together?

@Stanley : Was it the story, the system, or all of the above that drew you in?

Stanley

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Malay, Lotudian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Acturis I won't lie. I'm a story type of guy in video games. And to me, the game has one of the best stories in all FF series to date. But the thing that really jingled me up the most in that game is the combatplay and character customisation. Wanna make a a red mage? Do it. A magic swordsman? Freakin do it! A bender like in Avatar Last Airbender (monk + geomancer)?? Fckin do it!! It's very really fun! Beat the game I think at least twice. Equipped my whole squad with Ragnarok and got Cloud and that dragon lady(or was it a dude, I forgot) without reading guides ahaa

DjKniteX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@DjKniteX : What is your pet project, maybe we can do the Vulcan mind-meld and learn this thing together?

@Stanley : Was it the story, the system, or all of the above that drew you in?

I wouldn't mind having someone help me work on my project. My project is a simple-short RPG that can be finished in one sitting or less than an hour. It's something that I been planning when I have free time at work. Unfortunately I reformatted my PC and I forgot to back up my files so I have to do it again from scratch haha.

Lord Vectra

Master Eventer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Welcome to Web! Hope you liked it here!

And yeah, Rpg Maker is great ^_^ I've been using it for quite a while and I'm well fond with it

Acturis

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Stanley : I know what you mean, I always loved capturing black chocobos to fight for me. Not, because they were powerful, but because they were just fun to have around! Sounds to me like I should have you test my game's story line/general awesomeness when I actually get it up and running.

@DjKniteX : I'd be more than happy to help you out, it'd be great practice for me to learn the ins and outs of the system :)

@King Vectra : Any recommended tutorials I should take a look at when I'm done with the sponsored ones (Located here: https://www.rpgmakerweb.com/support/products/tutorials)?

Stanley

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Malay, Lotudian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Acturis
Okay sure. Tho, I can't promise you I will test it since I got plates full but if I got time, then I'll give it a time.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Had a funny feeling about my laptop last night so I moved my project over to desktop via thumbdrive, just experienced my first corrupted project and couldn't be happier about the timing!! *proceeds to copy file onto every thumbdrive in the house*
Test game. Find something broken. Fix. Re-test game. Broken thing fixed but new thing broken that wasn't before. What?!?! Uhg! :kaoangry:
I watched this youtube video of this reporter that went to a Flat Earth Conference. And there was just a whole lot of stupid in one room.
What?! You want 2 more hours of a playthrough? Well you got it! Come hang out with us while we dive even deeper into the awesome game Kindred Novel by BirdBunch! :LZSjoy:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johto