VioletSnow

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
VietNamese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hi guys, I'm new here. So I'm trying to make my own game and I have a question
Can someone tell me that how can I make an item show a text like message after the player press to use it?? For example the player have a letter in the inventory and after they use it => A message pop out with a content for the player to read.
- Here is the screenshot of it, when I use the item it only show my profile

Attachments

• 6EB0EE3E-39FC-42F0-B0E3-2673CC362FC4.jpeg
    6EB0EE3E-39FC-42F0-B0E3-2673CC362FC4.jpeg
    76.3 KB · Views: 5
  • B96DBDE9-11AE-4898-8E9F-F173AFC86637.jpeg
    B96DBDE9-11AE-4898-8E9F-F173AFC86637.jpeg
    70.1 KB · Views: 5

Quexp

Lifelong Learner
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You could set up a Common Event and then add it to the Effects box in the corresponding Item database entry. How the text shows up depends on how you set up the Common Event but you could even have a picture of a handwritten letter pop up if you wanted!

VioletSnow

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
VietNamese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You could set up a Common Event and then add it to the Effects box in the corresponding Item database entry. How the text shows up depends on how you set up the Common Event but you could even have a picture of a handwritten letter pop up if you wanted
You could set up a Common Event and then add it to the Effects box in the corresponding Item database entry. How the text shows up depends on how you set up the Common Event but you could even have a picture of a handwritten letter pop up if you wanted!
I will try that, thank for your help!

Quexp

Lifelong Learner
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My pleasure and welcome to the forums! :)

Ohhhh, I just noticed your question was for VX Ace. I hope the steps are close enough but my apologies if it was not helpful.

Last edited:

VioletSnow

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
VietNamese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

Ohhhh, I just noticed your question was for VX Ace. I hope the steps are close enough but my apologies if it was not helpful.

Ohhhh, I just noticed your question was for VX Ace. I hope the steps are close enough but my apologies if it was not helpful
Oh it’s okay. Can you explain more details about what do I need to set up in Common event? I just have to set Show text or do I need Condition branch ?

Quexp

Lifelong Learner
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You should be able to just use Show Text but Conditional Branches are nice if you need more options.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

It seems that I have to change the order with which I make the fantasy games on my bucket list, because the intended title is used as a story element in the first two games in the line, and somebody else might take the title for their own game because the term uses real words. I can't risk going over the apparent three year limit for registering trademark ahead of time.
I am interested in collaborations so if you like my art, hit up my messages! :wub
unknown.png

Making good progress with the second chapter. :)

Still work in progress.

(Real life, it is chronically the fourth chapter that I am making.)
constructionworkconcept.pngezgif-2-0acb620ecf8d.gifezgif-2-afeaf16ebb8d.gif "The Great Wall is great. But, most people can only be the slaves who built it, leaving their bones underneath that wall. They spent their whole life to build that wall and the empire, an empire that enslaves them." :kaoswt2: I'm just going to turn it into a modern-day sad tale.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ShadyBrain_Entertainment