i have a strange glitch and i dont know how to fix pls help me

olixproductions

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
american
Primarily Uses
RMMV
so its preety straange for me i made a game and realeased a demo of it and once i did make the demo and realease it
i continued on making the game with the same thing i did not start it all over just continued with the rest so i finished the game and now when i wanna play it it does not show the full version it shows the same demo eaven tho i have the whole game already made
maps show up when i boot up the game everything goes like normal accept only the demo plays when i choose to play the game
in rpg maker mv and i tried several things like removing the demo from the game file reseting the program ect. but it still dosent boot up does anyone have a clue on why is that happening?

Celestrium

Worldsmith
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Question, does it do this from a save file or even with new game?

poorrabbit

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Did you re-deploy it?

poorrabbit

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
That would probably be the problem.
If you trying to play the "game" version that other people would play, you'll need to deploy it again.

Are you launching the game from the editor? Or from the game.exe in you original deployed demo?

poorrabbit

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
well, deploying the game is how you make it playable by other people.
If you want to keep the demo and the original - make sure you deploy to a new directory.
Keep two: one for the demo, and one for the full game.

olixproductions

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
american
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That would probably be the problem.
If you trying to play the "game" version that other people would play, you'll need to deploy it again.

Are you launching the game from the editor? Or from the game.exe in you original deployed demo?
i am on mac so im using the program itself to run it

olixproductions

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
american
Primarily Uses
RMMV
well, deploying the game is how you make it playable by other people.
If you want to keep the demo and the original - make sure you deploy to a new directory.
Keep two: one for the demo, and one for the full game.
wait
how do i do that thing with the new directory sorry if im askingg im just new

poorrabbit

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
so here's a screenshot of what *I* get on windows. See on the bottom where it asks where to put the new deployment?
1606936293726.png

Change that to something else from what it was last time.
(edited to change to picture to one from MV instead of MZ)

Last edited:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
once i did make the demo and realease it
let me guess - you deployed into your project directory.
that is one of the basic mistakes a developer can do - NEVER deploy into your project as that will damage it, you need a different output directory.

if you don't remember - go to your project directory and check if there is a folder WWW there. If yes, that is the problem - the WWW folder is deployment only and must never be inside the project directory.

how to repair your project:
make a new project, copy the packages.json file from the new project folder into the damaged project folder.
If that repairs your project, then delete the now useless www folder (the deployment packages file redirects playtest into the www folder which is stuck at last deployment state).

@poorrabbit
your advice of re-deploying would only update the www folder with the new version, it would not repair the project folder.
even if it works, it would also mean that any distribution would contain the projectfile that is needed to open the game in the editor - something that would not be copied into the regular deployment, but would remain as an additional file if deployment and project files get mixed up.

so you should both use the advice above to repair your projects and make sure to never deploy into your project folders again, use different output folders for deployment.

Sakurra

I want a brownie.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
let me guess - you deployed into your project directory.
that is one of the basic mistakes a developer can do - NEVER deploy into your project as that will damage it, you need a different output directory.

if you don't remember - go to your project directory and check if there is a folder WWW there. If yes, that is the problem - the WWW folder is deployment only and must never be inside the project directory.

I almost did this the other day before I realized where my game was saving. But I didn't deploy it there. I can't remember if I canceled mid way or just didn't at all. How can I tell?

I was editing my game and noticed an event was working differently from before and I'm not sure why. I just want to make sure that this didn't break Rpg Maker MV. Like events that should work now don't work or something. Just thought I ask here.

(I think odds are I misclicked something)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Making Houses and Outside on the same map with RPG Maker MV!
Do people actually use buff/debuff function?
Ami

Imagine you (as Miner) Sleep in the Cave,the other side is a Bunch of Golds,how d'you feel?
finally got footage of my main character running around his corrupted street...
I finally got the ships and water to flow like I wanted to~ the canals are a success. Now to loop the animation for the kites. So many kites.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dangkykubetim