I have an idea, not sure how to implement it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimmyTheNerd

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I've been playing a lot of Legend of Mana lately, my favorite JRPG on the PS1. In it, it has a system they call the 'Land Make' system. As you play through the games, you get artifacts. You can then place these artifacts on the World Map and they become new Towns, Dungeons or Fields. This allows a lot of replay-ability and gives the world a very open world vibe since, after placing the first two Artifacts, the order you get your artifacts is determined by the order you do your quests. I would like to do something like that in either VX Ace or MV, but I'm not sure how to go about it.

For an idea of what I'm talking about, 0:40 to 0:48 of this video.

This video also kinda shows what I'm talking about.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You would just use events on the world map that are all conditioned by switches, and turn on those switches when the player obtains whatever artifact is required to open up that area.

If you want more help, you're going to have to decide what engine you're going to use, so the thread can be moved to the correct place (Game Mechanics Design is for discussing mechanics, "how do I implement this mechanic?" questions go into the Support forums)

TimmyTheNerd

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thanks Shaz. I'll go and post this in MV.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@TimmyTheNerd Just a heads up for the future - if the thread is in the wrong place, just Report it and ask for it to be moved, rather than start a new, duplicate, thread.

[mod]As there is another thread, I am closing this one.[/mod]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Potato The game! Few concepts for characters to my game.
Well, well, well, well....Lemme get a look at this fanart.
The Google Play rating for one of my games finally rose above 4.0 after getting review-bombed from a $0 sale. Now the game's sales are doing much better when discounted, so that's nice.
I'm getting close to releasing a demo. Working on formatting my Games in Development post.
I always see a few people asking for C# in next engine and I always thought: Do I not know enough about that language to tell it will affect extensibility and customizability to the negative? Watching a video from SumRndmDde today I feel confirmed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Swordk