I have no idea how I messed up this badly.

Discussion in 'RPG Maker VX Ace' started by BlueberryFoxtrotMeteor, May 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlueberryFoxtrotMeteor

BlueberryFoxtrotMeteor Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    upload_2018-5-10_14-54-44.png
    upload_2018-5-10_14-55-6.png
    I attempted to input a custom png for a new text window... when it showed up glitched, I deleted it, and I don't even know at this point how I got to this stage. No idea what's wrong with the scripts or anything- please, how do I just get this back to normal? I don't care if I have to uninstall it all over again. The problem persists even in other projects.

2. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    'Scripts' is where people who have written completed scripts that they want to share with others can post them.

I've moved this thread to RPGMaker VX Ace. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

If this is showing up in new projects as well, then it sounds as if you have overwritten something in the default scripts. The fastest thing may be to uninstall and then reinstall so that you start with a clean sheet.

As a heads up for the future, when taking a screen shot please use Alt+PrtSc. That way the shot is only of the relevant active window, not your whole desktop, making it easier to see what you are referring to. This is especially important if you ever want to post shots of events or the console.

3. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    It sounds like you changed the image in the RTP folder, which is ALWAYS a bad idea. If you want to change something, you should use the Resource Manager to export it into your project's folder, and THEN make the change (this will cause it to show with a red dot rather than a blue dot, which indicates it's custom for that project).

Reinstall the Ace RTP (you don't have to reinstall the program itself), and it should put it back to normal.

4. BlueberryFoxtrotMeteor

BlueberryFoxtrotMeteor Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Issue resolved. Thank you!

5. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @BlueberryFoxtrotMeteor When your query is resolved, please Report your opening post and ask for the thread to be closed. Mods may not see an individual post but will see a Report.
    Thanks.

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.