I haven't been here before.

TemplarWarden

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Got RPGMaker ages ago, had a good time making a game back then.
Gave up, went to uni to study Game Design, gave up again.
Now I'm back and of course there's a forum which might help me get anything done. Hoping to get back in to the whole shebang with some RPGMaker. Gotta start though, so any tips on how small or big to start would be appreciated.

Finnuval

Made of sarcasm and rainbows
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Best advice (well best one i got lol) : start with a small, throw-away project Just for fun to get a feel for the engine, the possibilities, limitations, what resources can be easily found, etc. Just have fun with it and experiment.

After that you can move on to making your dream game and the only limitations you'll have are your own creativity, skills and time xD

Anyway that's it for my two cents. Welcome and have fun xD

Quexp

Lifelong Learner
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My first project was the file I used to follow along with SRDude's YouTube tutorials. I can't remember what themes he had (if any) but ended up with a story about saving a town from orcs and then helping them regrow food. By no means was it a big and fancy project but I had a lot of fun with it.

Don't feel like you need to perfect a game right away. Just have fun as you practice! :)

Last edited:

J-G

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
probably write down your ideas and then begin a project. try and keep it small at first and then you can expand with time or start a bigger project.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Hope he recovers fast :|
Looks like it's functional:
It's a common thing to forget eating &drinking while you are working concentrated, right?
If I had discovered RPG-Maker before moving together with my girlfriend, I'd have died of dehydration a long time ago.
Ami
trying to change my picture & got screwed up...
I've been busy working on my next music pack, and I've also been busy composing some personal compositions. Depending on the type of mood and setting, sometimes I just really love the sound of music created in lofi mono. It has its charm.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cryoparty