I haven't been here before.

TemplarWarden

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Got RPGMaker ages ago, had a good time making a game back then.
Gave up, went to uni to study Game Design, gave up again.
Now I'm back and of course there's a forum which might help me get anything done. Hoping to get back in to the whole shebang with some RPGMaker. Gotta start though, so any tips on how small or big to start would be appreciated.

Finnuval

Made of sarcasm and rainbows
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Best advice (well best one i got lol) : start with a small, throw-away project Just for fun to get a feel for the engine, the possibilities, limitations, what resources can be easily found, etc. Just have fun with it and experiment.

After that you can move on to making your dream game and the only limitations you'll have are your own creativity, skills and time xD

Anyway that's it for my two cents. Welcome and have fun xD

Quexp

Lifelong Learner
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My first project was the file I used to follow along with SRDude's YouTube tutorials. I can't remember what themes he had (if any) but ended up with a story about saving a town from orcs and then helping them regrow food. By no means was it a big and fancy project but I had a lot of fun with it.

Don't feel like you need to perfect a game right away. Just have fun as you practice! :)

Last edited:

J-G

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
probably write down your ideas and then begin a project. try and keep it small at first and then you can expand with time or start a bigger project.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

For a long time I always consider XP soundtracks as the best one.
Just listened to some of MZ tracks from the free version.
It's... Quite mindblowing. xD
Only listened to the battles, towns, and fields.
But I'm sure the rest are equally good. :D
What do you guys want to see for the new Jump into Javascript? A continuation of the rpg_objects, or would you prefer a "lesson 0" where I go back to the absolute basics of Javascript and cover the fundamentals of the language and its construction?
Hey RPG members!!

How do you finish projects? Some new game developers start off strong but end up losing momentum. What keeps you motivated while working on new projects?
Feeling wee sleepy.. ZzzZ
So many threads to move to the right place. My post count is awesome, but 95% of it is due to moving things.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sleymour