NATO Special Operative
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
So, how many of you guys failed to pass your first driving test? > :(

I failed mine two hours ago, it was due to lane violation. It was raining when my test began. I drove carefully, and followed all directions. But then, when we turn into a local road, he told me to turn right, and I couldn't make it because the road that he wanted me to turn to was just right in front of us. There was a bike lane on my right as well, so I couldn't check behind me during that instant and risk hitting someone (I forgot, but you need to check before cutting into the bike lane to make a right turn, correct?). I missed that, so he told me to turn left into another road. Again, it was just so close ahead and I couldn't clearly see my surrouding because of the rain. I failed to notice the yellow lane in the middle, which I must get into to make the turn. I knew it was trouble when I made the turn, because that's when I notice the middle lane. :headshake:

The instructor told me to get back to the DMV, during which he told me to make another right turn into the parking lot, and I couldn't follow his direction in time, so I had to go a bit further and turn at the next right. He explained to me that I committed a lane violation, which confirmed my fear. Ugh! It would have been different if it wasn't raining and he had given directions sooner. But then again, I sucked anyway. :stare:

I really can't wait for the retake next week, I just hate losing so bad. But now, I feel so pathetic. I want to get a gun, put it next to my head, yell "Persona!", and pull the trigger. ;_;

Last edited by a moderator:

ShinGamix

DS Style 4Ever!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
April Fools
Primarily Uses
N/A
Sorry pal. Go play gta and run over everyone on a bike and shoot a million pedestrians...you will feel better after.

Mon Dez

Good Loser
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog/English
Primarily Uses
Don't worry I failed my driving test twice before I finally got my license although I should've failed that one as well, but a quote from Kumagawa reminds me why, "I lose again."

First time I failed, I stopped literally 3 inches past the stop sign. Second time I failed, I stopped in the middle of the street and freaked out my instructor. Third time I passed, but I should've failed because some idiot was stopped in the middle of the street so I decided to pass him and I didn't see the old woman that was going to cross the street. I passed with a barely mark in which I was somewhat satisfied with.

Tips before taking the driving test...go to the bathroom because shockingly enough it calms down the body which I did for my third exam.

Alexander Amnell

Jaded Optimist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
   I should have failed my driving test, I really should have but I didn't. I remember that day, because I was the last person to take the test at the time and I had just watched all three of the people who went before me fail the test so I was nervous already. I missed one turn (I don't know why they wait so long to tell you where to turn, it's really wrong because you pretty much have to already be turning before they say or you miss it.) then I slowed down because I figured since I missed it I was going to fast but she told me there was no reason for me to do so so I sped back up. Then I was taken to an extremely narrow (I mean so narrow that two hybrids couldn't drive in opposite directions without one of them having to back up) road and she had me try to do a 3 point turn... which took 5. Then upon returning to the courthouse she had me parallel park, but that took me two tries to get correct.

Then she passed me, and left me wondering what the hell the three people before me did wrong if I could make so many mistakes and still pass.

boldpaste2

The Dragon Heretics
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Yea, I failed my first one due to test anxiety. Whenever I heard the pen and clipboard meet my mind freaks out xD. I stopped on red, ran stop sign, and lost my sense of direction. The second time I was able to do it calmly and passed no problem. No worries, so long as you know what you do the next time you will do just fine! :D

Pern

Hello
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I passed my first try but I spent a lot time practicing. I would parallel park/90 degree backing between two trees in front of the house for hours. Only thing he docked me on was I turned the wheel the wrong direction on the parking on an incline part and I knew it was incorrect as soon as I did it, too. The whole thing was kind of awkward, he never said a word the entire time. But I passed so I can't complain.

boldpaste2

The Dragon Heretics
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I passed my first try but I spent a lot time practicing. I would parallel park/90 degree backing between two trees in front of the house for hours. Only thing he docked me on was I turned the wheel the wrong direction on the parking on an incline part and I knew it was incorrect as soon as I did it, too. The whole thing was kind of awkward, he never said a word the entire time. But I passed so I can't complain.
Now that's what I call improvising ^^. With my 2nd attempt when I had to do a parallel parking. I had to put it in reverse and as I was moving I noticed the gas pedal was stuck. I managed to throw the car in neutral and unstick the pedal before the instructor noticed xD

Mr. Detective

NATO Special Operative
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
So you guys failed mainly because of the stop signs and parking? My error was more severe. Maybe it was better if I just make the first right turn? It was raining and I should have noticed if anyone was riding a bike beside me. That, or I could have slowed down and turn.

Darn it! D:<

ThatMaestroGuy

You are lovely~
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I was fortunate enough to pass on my first try, but I'd like to believe the instructor took it easy on me. I went to go make a left, and a truck driver decided to speed up so as not to wait for me. I like to believe that made the instructor take some pity on me because we both panicked when it happened. XD

Milkdud

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My driving test lasted at least five minutes. The only thing the driving instructor had me do was downhill parking... and I'm not even sure I did that correctly either...

seita

Donn_M
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I passed on my first try, the only error I had was I turned right instead of left ;x

A tip I heard is to take the driving test in a town or city where there are less busy streets near the DMV, or a city in general where there are more good drivers (less ghetto). Also, yeah the rain really screwed you over. I'd say wait for a good forecast from the weatherman to take your test if you're not planning that yet.

Deulfeldo

Warper
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Oh god, failing the first time sucks. Happened to me too, I was on a road that I knew down the street was posted 35 (it was inside an industrial district, two lane per side sorta deal), I hit 36 and he told me to make a u-turn back to the DMV. Apparently it was a "25" up that side. I literally only made it down 2 roads successfully. 

Lesson of the day, don't drive over 25 on unposted roads, even if you know the sign down the road says otherwise (going the opposite direction, mind you)

Kaelan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Took me three tries, failed first because I thought I couldn't do something I actually could and failed second cause they didn't explain the rules to me properly on one of the tests (I thought I had to do the parallel parking perfectly in one motion - which is what I had been told - but then, only after I fail it my instructor says "OH HEY, ACTUALLY YOU COULD HAVE JUST ADJUSTED YOUR CAR AFTER GOING IN AND YOU WOULD HAVE PASSED..I GUESS I SHOULD HAVE TOLD YOU, HUH?" /fail).

Third time I actually knew what their annoying little rules were, I passed it fine. All of the times I already knew how to park, I just kept getting tripped up by their weird restrictions on how they wanted me to do it. Keep at it, you'll be fine.

B.Ultimus

Drinker of Coffee
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
My fiance failed her driving test 3 times before getting her license... all of them were very minor things  that were instant fails.  Sometimes it takes a few attempts, don't let it get you down.  Some people just panic during testing, which is understandable.  Just try again... you'll get it :)

echo

It's alright. I was drunk too.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
My mother failed nine times and now she's one of the best drivers I know.  Just means you get more practise (though she did pass in a German military base 30 years ago and now no one's entirely sure if she's legally allowed to drive in England...).  Good luck for you next go!

ShinGamix

DS Style 4Ever!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
April Fools
Primarily Uses
N/A
This is why you need to pass the test to legally drive

1309454397_driver_avoids_crash_on_icy_highway.gif

yes oh cht is an appropriate response.

austingrd

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
No need to worry about it. I know a lot of people fail their first driving test. Just make sure that you learned something like what went wrong so you could improve on the next one. 

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
now I'm afraid to take my own driving test. but then again, I haven't even practiced anyways... I'll make sure to practice a lot first before trying. :)

Rello

GERGtheNERD
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Profanity
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I- I haven't taken mine... I've had my permit for 4 years though... :I

Edit: And I didn't even get my permit until I was 19... I'm a bit behind the proverbial power curve...

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
eh? I'm already 22 and I don't even have a student license

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Heh, um. I've spent $1500~ so far for my game. Most of that went into purchasing some software I need, as well as some commissions. But still, I didn't realize I had spent so much since the beginning of October.

Do not trust me with money, lol.
Working on my first ideas for a tileset... I really don't know if anyone would like or even want my style.

k5a4BHk.png
Plus-size sprite continues! Front and back views done, or at least mostly there depending on if there's any more work you all think she needs. Once I get her done I can get working on her masculine counterpart:
PlusTest-03.gif
My game is basically turning into a 2 on 2 fighting game disguised as an rpg lol. here's eveyone doing their own intro in battle.
Sizzle sizzle sizzle...
zbf1dCZ.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peachdelta